1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

3500 w/ no tier IV? No problem

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Ian, 23 Aug 2017.

1. Ian

Ian Well-Known Member

Student
    sorry for the flex lol, just wanted to share :D(btw last 3 wins I did under 3k damage so the carry was strong xD)
    IMG_0689.PNG
    Also, anyone suggest carronade over blast cannon with this setup? Or would that be too inconsistent for kills

2. Joey who

Joey who Well-Known Member

Only suggestion is letting me borrow your tesla shield and I'll give it back when you are mk6 and can use it.

Jokes aside, great job :)

The Otherguy and Ian like this.
  3. Ian

Ian Well-Known Member

Student
    Got U man, just uh.. do some "stuff" for the devs and we can work out a trade ;---)))

The Otherguy and behumble like this.
  4. behumble

behumble Well-Known Member

Blast cannon is better for sure.
    Only reason id ever use carronade is if i got a legendary of it lol

But awesome bro, 3000 is tough competition, I will make sure to watch out for you on the bay ;)

The Otherguy and Ian like this.
  5. Babablacksheep

Babablacksheep Well-Known Member

We have almost same weapons, yet here i am playing at 2.5k lol ;), anyways carronade is good when you got turret agility reducing perk from swift. BUT you will have to sacrifice some speed though for using carronade with speeder.

Ian likes this.
  6. JustPlainSowad

JustPlainSowad Active Member

Product Manager//Technology Entrepreneur
    What's your luck with big torpedoes on a speeder? I feel like flare gun and blast cannon is a better build. That's what I'm using. I usually scarp all the torpedoes I got.

7. Ian

Ian Well-Known Member

Student
    They're both definitely great builds on speeders, flare combo is nice because if u want you can translate your weapons onto an enforcer and try that out too. But one thing you ought to know is that these builds have very different play styles. With torpedos it's often better to lay back, get good angles of firing torpedos and not engage in 1v1s unless an opponent is in a bad position, low health, or a type of ship (fixer, shooter) that can be taken advantage of. Idk if this same strat goes with frost blaster or not, but I'd def say flare+blast is a more 1v1 friendly build.

The Otherguy and BasedCarpen like this.
  8. BasedCarpen

BasedCarpen Well-Known Member

Sweet setup.

Speeder is the only boat that looks cooler at higher levels

The Otherguy likes this.
  9. JustPlainSowad

Yes I use blast cannon/cannon(mostly cannon now with burn perks coz its higher lvl) and flare on my enforcer as well. Basically play enforcer and speeder. But I agree, my weapon choice suits with my play style. And I'm happy with it. I just got confused coz you didn't use frost blaster on your speeder as you use torpedo. To each their own.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Your doing something right otherwise I would go much higher in infamy. lol

10. BasedCarpen

BasedCarpen Well-Known Member

This is exactly how I play speeder using mortars Berta and ballpark. Launch both just inside range then speed away and reposition. The only trouble I run into is other speeders with cannons and enforcers are a bit tricky to lead and hit with mortars

11. JustPlainSowad

for obvious reasons duh :p

12. monobrow

monobrow Well-Known Member

WP bud, definitely an achivement

Although from the way you are talking, sounds like you are just zipping around at the back sending off torps, which isnt realy the point of speeder. You,d probably do even better as enforcer with another blast or even a shooter with your playstyle.

Gg tho

13. Miathan

Miathan Well-Known Member

3500 with no tier IV you say?

[​IMG]

JDAR, behumble, Ian and 2 others like this.
  14. CheekyDevilGod

CheekyDevilGod Well-Known Member

I suppose the secret here is to have a balanced build where all items are lvl 30ish

15. ColdOne

ColdOne Active Member

Nice infamy eith only items lvl !!!!

16. Zombie

Zombie Active Member

well that's the perfect loadout for a speeder, that torp prolly is 2k damage so yea grats and yea nerf torps

17. Kitterini

Kitterini Well-Known Member

The secret ingredient is skill! Tons of players with balanced builds (and better items) far below the setups posted here.

Gj chaps!

18. CheekyDevilGod

CheekyDevilGod Well-Known Member

Idk man, I do the most dmg in most matches and also get quadruple kills nearly thrice everyday.

Yet I've fallen 400 infamy and can't get it back, worse, I struggle at 1.2k infamy which is pretty low. I barely made it to master 1 this season even though I used to be master 2 for a month.

Perhaps I'm not as skilled as I think I am.

19. Zangetsu

Zangetsu Well-Known Member

That is generally the case with most people complaining about matchmaking.

20. Ian

Ian Well-Known Member

Student
    This is true for start of matches usually (unless I'm only speeder then I sometimes scout) but I often go in or get behind enemies to fire off some blind torpedos. I can also take down enemy speeders in 1v1s quite well now as long as they aren't mk 6 or something. Enforcer is a ship I'm definitely interested in, but unfortunately mk 6 only can use 1 slot reds :(
    Wow definitely impressive ^^ I'd say we're the only two boats (fixer/speed) that this is really feasible to do with haha