1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

2 std shields or 1 big shield

Discussion in 'Strategy Discussion' started by Josovo, 14 Mar 2018.

1. Josovo

Josovo New Member

Hi guys, fairly new to the game but couldnt find the answer here yet.

Im a shooter mk2 (just upgraded) and infamy of 645. I have a choice to make between using 2 standard shields (1 uncommon and 1 rare) or 1 big shield (uncommon).

For now the std shields provide more total hp but I was wondering how this would progress in later stages. Would 2 std shields give more total hp than 1 big shield? Assuming they are the same tier and level. Both take the same amount of slots, even at higher levels right?

Regards, Josovo.

Rainbow Warrior likes this.
  2. YerJokinArnYer

YerJokinArnYer MVP

I would recommend (if you have two slots) to run standard shield and turbo. The best defence is not to get hit, and speed helps avoid getting hit.

3. Ash KOT

Ash KOT MVP

Turbo is essential in this game, so take the turbo and then a standard shield or a bandage.

YerJokinArnYer likes this.
  4. Josovo

Josovo New Member

Thanks guys, I didnt have one ready so bought an uncommon, lvled it a bit and now its on my shooter.

Regards, Josovo.

What's Up Player and Ash KOT like this.
  5. Ash KOT

Ash KOT MVP

I just got my 6th epic turbo yesterday, now all I need is a million parts, a bajillion sugar and 3 years worth of training swift and I can have an Epic T5 Turbo!

6. YerJokinArnYer

YerJokinArnYer MVP

Looks on in envy :rolleyes:

7. Josovo

Josovo New Member

Seems like you got some experience though. Any thoughts on the following? My infamy is now around 900 but im just a mere mk2 with just 1 mk2 weapon. I get killed pretty quickly most of the times by mk4s ans mk5s i get paired with. Still my team often wins so my infamy wont drop to be matched with players my rank.

How the hell do I fix this? :O

8. YerJokinArnYer

YerJokinArnYer MVP

Whilst this experience won’t be the most fun, my advice you be to use it as a learning tool. When you die, switch to someone who has the same ship as you and see how they’re playing. Over time, as you play more games, you should drop down to a more realistic infamy level and you’ll start to be able to contribute fully again.
    Enjoy ‘good’ team mates whilst they last. I’m sure you’ll see your fair share of ‘bad” team mates.

9. LotharusMaximus

LotharusMaximus Well-Known Member

Super envious. I still need 3 more, but Swift was a priority for me a while back. Still need 'a million parts, a bajillion sugar' as well however.

10. Josovo

Josovo New Member

Thanks mate, i do always sit through the game following a player similar to me. However, i still win more than I lose (well my team does) so it is impossible to drop in infamy level to meet my equal at the moment. I am surrounded by players who have their boats and thus often their weapons leveled way past mine.

I try to lose sometimes on purpose to drop my infamy lvl but to no avail :(