1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

2+ Fixers per team strategies

Discussion in 'Strategy Discussion' started by envylife, 18 Mar 2018.

1. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

I've had several battles recently with 2+ fixers per side. I find these some of the more interesting matches in the bay, and considering they usually go the full 5 minutes, strategies have to be different than the typical battle. Unfortunately I don't think most players grasp how to play these battles for the win.

1 Fixer Strategy: This commonly involves going for the Fixer for obvious reasons. However it doesn't always apply to 2+ Fixer teams.

2-Fixer Strategies:
    First of all, you aren't going to win unless you kill someone, so who is it going to be?

a) Find the weak link. Let's face it, you aren't going to have enough firepower on your own to kill a strong Defender or Shooter with 2 Fixers healing it, and similarly attempting to kill a Fixer with another Fixer healing it can be a fools' game. The next best thing is to pick off the weakest member of the opposing team... the ones you can kill in, say 4 shots. If there are none of those, go to (b)

b) Pick off a Fixer. Like (a), if they have a weak Fixer it's reasonable to go after them as well, again in the 4 shot range would give you the possibility to 1v1 even with heals.

c) Wear 'em down. This is the usual battle, keep blasting until you find a hole and exploit it. If my team is doing a good job keeping the other team engaged and I start seeing health dropping, and I have reasonable health I will end-around, and push in, zeroing in on a weak opponent, and causing enough distraction for the rest of my team to also take advantage. It's too risky to do early on but at some point it's necessary, particularly at the end of the match and you are a man down, you either need to get that 1 kill, or you are going to lose.

2 vs 3 Fixer Strategy: I had one of these matches today, being on the 2-Fixer side I considered my team as having the advantage with extra guns on my side and odds are one Fixers will be lower health on theirs. In this case my idea was to go after one of the two gun boats, which if accomplished would limit the opponent to a single gun boat, and thus significantly out-gunned. This is also a time where it would be nice to have a better communication system. What happend to me is I had isolated a 1vs2 match with a weak Shooter and a Fixer support, which can be challenging but should have been easy if I had any sort of Fixer support. Being busily engaged, and almost getting it done, I realized too late both Fixers followed one Shooter to the other side of the battle area, and I had zero healing support (I was getting shot by more than the 1 Shooter). Lost opportunities.

That brings me to the 2 Fixer strategy of splitting up: one fixer following the strongest boat for protection, and another fixer with 2 support boats. If each team was on opposite sides of the enemy, even just 90 degrees, it should be game over, causing too much distraction. Unfortunately I have yet to see that happen, and I have yet to figure out how to coerce the situation. They tend to stick together, and it causes the gun boats to a situation of very restrictive movement being all huddled, as the right heavy AoE weapons can cause massive destruction in the huddle.

What do you think?

2. Neptune_Gaming

Neptune_Gaming Well-Known Member

Excellent thread! We need these threads to show everyone how to play with a fixer as most people play WAY too aggresive ,dying in the first minute or so.

3. CoolDownHSNA

CoolDownHSNA Well-Known Member

Student
    Great thread make! I like the detail you put in all ur threads. U r seriously one of the best out there! :):D

Neptune_Gaming likes this.
  4. ChickenSurprise

ChickenSurprise Active Member

Healing you up
    Just had a 3v3 fixer match. The unfriends got our shooter but then we got their fixers :) Screenshot_20180318-083058.jpg

5. Neptune_Gaming

Neptune_Gaming Well-Known Member

The infamy difference though....

6. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

1 vs 4 Fixer Strategy:
    I had one of these matches yesterday, on my side were 3 shooters+1 Defender, and on theirs 1 Shooter. My strategy was to go after the Shooter, but in the end it didn't matter, they were decimated in 1:28 before it felt like the battle had even begun. I'm thinking that was a Matchmaker(tm) mistake to make such a Fixer imbalance, but wonder what should be the strategy for for the 4 Fixer side? Split up? I just can't see any good option with a single gun ship.

7. Aether_Zero

Aether_Zero Well-Known Member

Personally I'll aim to control their movements and keep them contained in one area - keep hitting them so their focus is on self healing, and let any speeders/enforcers take pot shots.
    Also, always try and take out the highest mk fixer first (usually have better items so best to get rid of them)
    If I'm playing enfo or speeder, then I'll single one target out and try to do as much as I can to confuse the hell outta them - straight line rush through them, or strafe. Get them in a situation where they don't know where they're being hit from, and they'll soon just be another piece of wreckage on the bay.

Ps - lots of fire always helps

Last edited: 18 Mar 2018
  8. Rango8

Rango8 Well-Known Member

The fixers have to turn into gun ships. That’s the only way I’ve seen 4 fixers win. And make sure to call your targets