1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

1.5k-2k strat

Discussion in 'Strategy Discussion' started by KahnCerbero, 11 Jul 2017.

1. KahnCerbero

KahnCerbero New Member

Hi i'm currently going up and down between 1.5k to 2k, i reach 2k and go down to 1.5k, then go up again, as i see it, my problem is that when i reach around 1.8k everyone is decked in mortars, long range specially, so i try to cut the range, but my team stay back and it becomes a "who has the longest ranged weapons" fight, so i die because i'm alone 1vs5 or in the back without the ability to deal damage. The question is, what can i do in this situation, i'm obviously trying to improve myself to move further up in the rankings, but i can't win alone.

Should i go for a different strategy, change my weapons, any advice is good.
    This is my set up currently.
    IMG_8518.PNG [​IMG]

2. behumble

behumble Well-Known Member

First off, nice weapons, and i see these kind of weapons win frequently. totally jealous of the explosive cannon. one thing i would say though, is that the standard mortar is not very good in damage considering big berta and long range which you will be put up against. Start leveling up another weapon (like i see blast cannon), or a big berta mortar would be best if you really want at least one mortar. Railgun is also popular. I frequent 1500-2000 too, with my highest being 2255. Strategy changes all the time, but if your team mates are doing a long range battle, let it happen and just support with your sniper. Why? Because as soon as they defeat 1-2 unfriends, then it will be time to charge and use all those close weapons :) Especially if there is a fixer, do not try to rush and close the distance! Of course, there you will have bad team mates, where no matter how much you do, (like 10-15k dmg or something) you will still lose. Cant be helped. But if you really do want to try leading ur teammates to close the distance try saying, "Together" "attack". if they dont follow then stay back. There will be some situations where you can flank them, some where its best to hid behind rocks, some where it is best to stay behind defender. There is no 1 op strategy. but there are a few tips.
    1. kill shooters first. always. (unless some speeder with torp is tearing you up from behind, but then just give a shot or two and he will be gone for awhile) So often there will be many speeders or a fixer, but unless they are right in front of you, it is always shooters that bring in the damage!
    2. Target (choose targets wisely and that will hopefully give the team someone to focus on. Also pay attention to what other people are targeting)
    3. Always be moving, preferably side to side (not back and forth)
    4. Hide! move behind rocks to avoid hits from enemy, or go through wave swells! that is what makes the game so interesting, it isnt all about loadout, its strategic.
    5. Stay with your team! There are some exceptions to this, but in general, if someone is spamming "together" "help" stay together haha.
    DISCLAIMER: I am a fixer :) but i play shooter from 1500-2000 infamy and these are things i notice. Hope it helped!!!

3. GhostYasuo

GhostYasuo Active Member

The big berta takes too long to hit.Easily dodgeable.The standard mortar is the best imo.I use a t3 rare myself.9 sec cooldown and decent range.And once at 1.8k mark you cant just shoot whoever is in range.You need to ping a target and everyone should focus fire.If not atleast get one guy to hit the target you are hitting.Torpedoes are hard to hit without frost so they are unreliable.I would suggest a firebomb.

Last edited: 11 Jul 2017
  4. Joey who

Joey who Well-Known Member

Berta.
    BERTA
    BER T A
    BERTTTTTTTA

NOT BERTHA

5. GhostYasuo

GhostYasuo Active Member

Yes lol.Just too used to typing BERTHA.My phone keyboard memory has it saved lol.