1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Fixers and Duct Tape

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by ~CanadianGoddess~, 12 Oct 2017.

?

How much duct tape should Fixers be allowed to equip?

1. None at all

10.2%
  2. As much as they like, even if it means filling up all the green slots

64.4%
  3. A limited amount

25.4%
  1. Ovidmikel

Ovidmikel Active Member

Playing fixer if you don't heal your teammates 9 outta 10 times you gonna lose .1 weapon against 5 dnot cut it UNLESS shooters have already wrecked there Hp sonlow you have a chance to chip away what's left. Late game and I have a choice to rap bolt and heal shooter or duct tape to heal myself when one gonna die its shooter without hesitation . he can shootb3 or 4 time stop my one .

2. ViscountSniffit

ViscountSniffit Well-Known Member

I brought this up in another topic, but maybe duct tape should be a yellow item, considering it only heals yourself.

No one could grumble about selfish fixers if they were taking it on thier yellow slot.

3. xbillehx

xbillehx New Member

Honestly I think it's genius. People tend to focus on trying to take fixers down and I watched my entire team get so tunnel visioned on a fixer just spamming duct tapes that they all got picked off while the fixer ran around tanking everything. I didn't even feel bad to lose that match cause I thought it was clever. This was above 3k infamy btw. (Sometimes I dont understand how some people get so high)

4. Ovidmikel

Ovidmikel Active Member

Lol I had a match last night one guy charged out i locked on with bolt and close enough for pulse and it took all I could to keep him alive meanwhile 2 team right side of him was taking 0 damage and 2 went 5he other way 0 damage lol the unfriend were so tunnel vision on getting the almost dead guy they 4 got anything else I was laughing the whole time

5. Boaty McBoatface

Boaty McBoatface Member

hahaha when i hear duct tape fixers i always associate it with Paladins. i'm glad i'm not the only one

kusura bakmayin likes this.
  6. • Percy •

• Percy • Well-Known Member

9th grader
    How is your thread receiving more likes and posts than mine =_=

Hi

And also, let the fixers use what they want XD they'll be reported anyways ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ :) luvz

7. ~CanadianGoddess~

~CanadianGoddess~ Member

You're right, it doesn't work well on pre-Mk6 fixers. However, even lower ships with one red weapon slots are using all duct tape.

• Percy • likes this.
  8. wreck your day

wreck your day Well-Known Member

Enforcer! And future ultimate selfish fixer >:D
    Why do you want to be so concerned with other people's builds? Ultimately it's their ship so they should have the right to do whatever they want with it. This is a game after all, and it's meant to be fun; if the duct tape fixers find it fun to be duct tape fixers, let them be! Complain only when they are purposely losing or when they are misbehaving in some other way, not when they are trying out a new build or even just playing their normal build.

Go Sewah! :D

9. PastelPiku

PastelPiku Well-Known Member

Security
    It's a totally viable build if you know what you're doing. There's absolutely nothing wrong with healing yourself and not the team. If they were replaced by a speeder, you couldn't complain about him not healing you. Same idea. If they don't have items to heal you, they are not obligated to heal you.

My only qualm in this topic is that there is no way to tell if someone is running triple tape, so we should make it possible to see our teammates' builds before the game starts.

10. CaffeinatedChris

CaffeinatedChris MVP

This is the core issue that people have with the true "Selfish Fixer" build - since we can't see player builds before the match, people expect the "healer" class ship to be healing them, and they adjust their playstyle accordingly. Speeders and Enforcers are generally expecting to be on their own, but Shooters and Defenders will take a totally different approach if they believe they have a Lawnmower at their back to patch up their wounds, and by the time they realize they aren't being bathed in healing goodness it's usually too late for them to turn back.

Edit: And yes, the Selfish build really only works at Mk6. Paladin (2Tape+Pulse) is passable at Mk5, because you can still help your team. But below that, you don't have the damage output to close out a match unless you're packing a high-end Epic or Legendary; and even then, you'll likely just get slow-roasted by Flares and stun-locked.

Last edited: 12 Feb 2018
  11. PastelPiku

Security
    I posted an idea in another thread once to let us highlight our favorite item so that other players know what kind of team they have. Selfish fixers would obviously highlight their best duct tape. This is probably the most simplistic solution.

Hokuse and CaffeinatedChris like this.
  12. CaffeinatedChris

CaffeinatedChris MVP

That's a good suggestion; each class would highlight their most-used item, so Shooters could indicate whether they're a mortar/torp launcher, or a cannon shooter, and ditto with Fixers to show "I'll heal you" vs "You're on your own, pal!"

PastelPiku likes this.
  13. PastelPiku

Security
    Yep, and it'd be as simple as using the most iconic item in your build. For example, with my shooter, I'd highlight my flare gun to let my team know I'm a short-mid range shooter that likes to light unfriends up.

14. Earel

Earel Active Member

Guys, your posts looks like ... bad words.
    1 fixers take duck type because they can
    2 fixer take duck type because it’s ok
    3 fixer take duck tape because u Nerf a pulse
    4 fixer take duck tape because they can’t heal theirs 6k hp and more by pulse or something
    5 fixer take duck type because critical hits from sniper 2,5 k and higher/ torp 3k/ explosive 2,5
    6 fixer take duck tape because they 1’st target
    8 fixer take duck tape because they got least hp because 2 blues slots?
    9 fixer take duck tape because they got least armor like a speeder
    10 fixer take duck tape because theirs teammates don’t do dmg
    11 fixer take duck tape because only this item can overheal burn from any type of weapons
    12 fixer take duck tape because they punching bag
    13 fixer take duck tape because healing not calculated into reward system.
    14 fixer take duck tape because they wanna destroy enemy and take 3 stars and 40 exp... not a 1 star and 20 exp for 80k healing
    15 You expect a heal from fixer? Fixers expect a protection from team. Every time when team see victory they throw fixer and he die... die first and only one.
    Note : say don’t take tape for fixer it’s like telling:
    Don’t use Tesla bolt and Tesla shield for speeder or
    Don’t use burn weapon for rest type of ships... cool? Yeah...

Ps. I’m fixer mk6 for now , I’m don’t use tape, I do same or more dmg with one- two weapons then my teammates, so dmg it’s priority.

15. CaffeinatedChris

CaffeinatedChris MVP

Every time you type that all I can think of is this
    ducktape.jpg

A55A51N likes this.
  16. PastelPiku

Security
    oh yea, duck tape is so sticky because they have webbed feet, right?

17. Kraptastic

Kraptastic Active Member

Sales
    Everybody should be able to play the way they want to. I've been seeing this set-up in Ace league quite a bit lately, and I have to say, at MK6 this set-up is very tough to take down. People are going to be innovative. Don't try to squeeze them into the little box your stuck in.

kusura bakmayin and PastelPiku like this.
  18. kusura bakmayin

kusura bakmayin Member

Duct Tape Fixers are kind of like an alternate Defender. Instead of healing you, they're absorbing damage that would be otherwise hitting you. When done well, it's a different approach to the familiar problem of keeping the damage off of teammates. Since they're moving faster than a Defender, they'll also have the benefit of not getting hit, meaning that enemy damage is overall lower and friendly shooters can focus on shooting unfriendlies instead of avoiding shots themselves.

Hokuse, Kraptastic and PastelPiku like this.
  19. Axios

Axios New Member

I have a MK5 Fixer, my loadout:

Epic Repair bolt lvl 10
    Epic Repair box lvl 15
    Epic Duct tape lvl 10

The bolt is awesome for fix other players, box is for other players or me, duct tape for personal use.

I will never equip more than one duct tape.

Also, I avoid Repair pulse: I prefer to stay behind other ships. Also, my level 21 epic sniper cannon can help to destroy other ships.

20. Miku Da Yo 39

Miku Da Yo 39 Well-Known Member

Screenshot_20180207-174446.jpg Screenshot_20180207-174451.jpg Screenshot_20180121-011219.jpg Screenshot_20180121-011208.jpg Screenshot_20180121-011214.jpg Duct Tape is the economical choice.
    More Gold & Sugar = Faster Progression

Hokuse, Earel, Disguised and 2 others like this.