1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

[Suggestions: random stuff]

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by yellowocean, 11 Nov 2017.

1. yellowocean

yellowocean Well-Known Member

Hi Rovio,

i would just like to add some suggestions that i haven't read about yet and some that i would like to reiterate.

• item preview before the start of battles: unlike the post battle summary where you can see everyone's items, the item preview will only allow you to see your teammates' items. although the lineup preview screen last only a few seconds, this should be enough to get a quick glance at what your teammates are bringing with them into battle. allowing this feature will greatly help each player anticipate and adjust to his/her teammates' gameplay.
    • Guild member online status - allow guild members to see who is online in their guild in the guild tab/menu
    • Guild stats - can we add a statistics page for the guild for each member like the number of battles played, weapons frequently used by each member, boats used (how many battles played using shooter, defender, etc). maybe lifetime stats as well as periodic stats like every league season and/or rivalry season.
    • Improved User interface:
      • allow players to directly message another player (if he/she is already in your friend list) just by clicking on his/her profile (a chat option should be available there).
      • allow searching by IGN instead of by their tags (who memorizes those anyway)
      • allow blocking of guild invites
      • allow visibility of other leagues
      • include rivalry logs (battle log for guild rivalries)
    • Guild Quest Suggestions:
      • Review/revisit Guild Rivalry scoring parameter - currenlty the only determining factor is the number of guild quests completed by each guild. the problem with this mechanic is that it can easily be won by boosts, i think its safe to say to that the guild with the most boosts will win the rivalry most of the time. i understand that this is a very good revenue generating mechanic for Rovio but i also think it undermines the spirit of guild rivalries. It just spoils the fun for a lot of guilds who can't afford enough boosts or don't want to resort to boosts. so here's my suggested rivalry scoring mechanic:
      • upload_2017-11-11_17-57-7.png
      • I'm suggesting point system based on several parameters (each criteria rewards 6 pts for 1st, 5 for 2nd, 4 for 3rd and so on), in case of a tie in total rivalry points, guild quests completion will determine the victor (as with the current mechanic, the 1st to complete the most quests will be winner in case of a tie in terms of the number of quests completed)
      • As for the guild quests themselves... please please please remove the weapon and boat specific quests from the boards... they just don't promote optimum gameplay for everyone (there are still a lot of options for quests that promote highly competitive battles - i already made several suggestions in a separate post).
      • Guild alliances - guilds can tag 1-2 guilds as allied guilds (leaders can spend pearls to buy additional allied guild slots or maybe limit it to just 2 allied guilds). These allied guilds can help each other finish quests and swap players anytime without risking forfeiture of rivalry rewards. (maybe put a limited number of transfers per member). will it make things more complicated? Maybe? More fun for everyone? probably.
      • and lastly, when are you guys going to put a cooldown in between rivalries? i personally don't want to kick players before they get their rewards but i want to change my roster at some point, the current system can't allow me to kick players without them loosing potential rewards in other guild rivalries.
    Hope you guys will consider some of these... thank you...

Last edited: 11 Nov 2017
  2. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

Each suggestion is well placed and correct. Great work, man!

The Otherguy and yellowocean like this.
  3. Babablacksheep

Babablacksheep Well-Known Member

One question ( noob alert )
    Guild 6 :- battles played - 1
    Battles won ---- 6
    So, how is it calculated, is it the average of all battles played by guild mates?

And do you really think 'kills' parameter is necessary?, we have known from previous guild quests and how much kill stealing it proposes

Also include "ACCEPT FLEET REQ OR SEND FLEET REQ" directly by clicking a guild mate's profile(for person who asked in chat) , sometimes i just have to scroll through friends list for finding the person who asked for fleet..

OTHER THAN That, the ideas are great KEEP IT UP :)

4. A55A51N

A55A51N Well-Known Member

Student
    Great ideas!
    Personally I have no problems with weapon specific guild quests or boat quests and what would they be replaced with? Better idea would be ship & item locks as jaws suggested at some point. You can’t use a ship that is 2mk below your best ship level or common, uncommon and (let’s say) T2 or lower rares and maybe even t1 epics.

They guild parameter is a good idea. The battles/kills/damage would it be an average of the entire guild or total amount? Alliances would be really good and the season break is needed too.
    Overall,a well written post again!

5. yellowocean

the way i see it in my head is that the for battles played... this refers to any "valid" battle played by a current member of that guild during the rivalry season. a valid battle would mean that a guild member has selected at least 1 guild quest before going to battle. all valid battles by all guild members will be summed up and the guild with the highest count of battles will be ranked 1st... and so on.

on a different note, if we are going to define valid battles as only battles played that have confirmed contributions to the achievement of a guild quest then that would mean that all valid battles should be "won" battles thus, we can also remove battles played as a parameter and just include battles won instead.

the kills parameter is a valid parameter, in my opinion, but as stated above, it's just a suggestion. kill stealing has always been part of the game, no pentakill is achieved without having "stolen" at least 1 kill from your teammates unless all your teammates did 0 damage all throughout the battle. (in that regard, i really just don't understand players who get upset about having their kills stolen).

yes the inclusion of fleet request button in the player profile (provided he has already accepted you on his/her friends list) is also a good idea, i forgot to include that one.

Babablacksheep likes this.
  6. yellowocean

some suggestions i made to replace weapon and boat specific quests include:
    • quick wins - win X number of matches in under 2 minutes, or maybe 3 minutes
    • precision - win X matches with at least 10 shots fired at 80% accuracy
    • Dominance - Win X matches with at least 3 boats afloat on your team, win X matches without losing a teammate
    • win streak - accumulate X streak points (streak points = each consecutive win, starting on the 2nd straight win, you gain 1 streak point and an additional streak point for every successive win) (ex. 3 match win streak = 3 points, 6 match win streak = 15 streak points, 10 match win streak = 45 streak points)
    • Ship hunter - reverse of the boat specific quest, kill X ships of a particular type (ex. kill X shooters, or kill X speeders)
    • battle badges (specific / non-specific)
      • specific - achieve X barrage badges, earn X number of triple kill badges
      • non-specific - achieve X battle badges; achieve X wins with at least X battle badges, achieve X offensive (red) battle badges, achieve X defensive (green, blue) battle badges
    • each of these can have a fleeted version as well

Babablacksheep and TheAntiSnipe like this.
  7. Tirth2_

Tirth2_ Well-Known Member

Aint going to be easy at all!

The Otherguy likes this.
  8. yellowocean

it's not but it will make you play with your best setup and not some crappy uncommons or underdeveloped rares/epics

9. Tirth2_

I think this quest will be dependent on fixers as other ships can't contribute much to save a friendly ship from the opponent.

The Otherguy likes this.
  10. The Otherguy

The Otherguy Well-Known Member

Tech support
    Then maybe have it a fixer only quest?

11. Tirth2_

Ya coz ,you know , you cant really influence your teammate's lifespan without being the fixer.
    Even if they are stupid you can keep them alive atleast.... or try to.

The Otherguy likes this.
  12. yellowocean

not necessarily, it's really difficult to achieve a flawless victory but it can be done - even without fixers. if it will be incorporated as a new quest, the real question is how many flawless wins would be needed for an easy board, how many is challenging? how many is impossible?

13. yellowocean

that will totally defeat the purpose of these quests being proposed as alternatives to weapon and boat specific quests

The Otherguy likes this.
  14. The Otherguy

The Otherguy Well-Known Member

Tech support
    Good point...

15. Tirth2_

U r right! But u know in most of battles(ofc the battles which I am matched in) there is either some weak boat or some stupid that runs into enemies or sometimes the other team is good! So that's my view! :)

The Otherguy likes this.
  16. yellowocean

true, it's not something you can achieve regularly in a few battles... but my main objective in the suggestions i made is to discourage players from using non-optimal setups which frustrates a lot of players who get teamed up with them. i think all the suggestions i made promote a "best foot forward" approach in battles. Besides, not all quests should be easy, otherwise, what's the point of putting those challenges, right? When i thought of the suggested quests, i wanted players to play the game naturally, with their best effort, and achievements to coincide with playing the game the right way. the thing that bothers me right now with the current guild quests, specifically the weapon and boat specific quests, is they have become chore-like and has, in some ways, taken the fun out of playing the game.

TheAntiSnipe and Tirth2_ like this.
  17. gor.030

gor.030 New Member

Feature request for guild list view:

Please add online status and quick fleet button