1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Guide for Fixer and Reaper : The Duct Side : Everlasting HP

Discussion in 'Strategy Discussion' started by Sewah, 17 Aug 2017.

1. Miku Da Yo 39

Miku Da Yo 39 Well-Known Member

Why do people play speeder? Because speeder can do stuff shooter cannot, triple tape build copies speeder attribute and combine with defender attribute. You are a very stubborn person, you do not believe that triple tape can do JUST as much dmg as speeder or TANK just as well as defender. It is a HYBRID. Why can you not think of triple tape as another ship? That way if you win the match you can say "Good day job Speeder, Defender"! You are so stubborn it pains me.

2. H.A.D.E.S

H.A.D.E.S Well-Known Member

It's just my own perspective.
    I don't want to stretch this topic anymore so I'm getting away from it.
    Play as u people want either way I won't be playing this game forever.
    Just enjoy the play.
    Peace

Miku Da Yo 39 likes this.
  3. PastelPiku

PastelPiku Well-Known Member

Security
    The day my infamy is high enough to fleet with you, I'm moving around with you as if we were a speeder duo and you'll be my speedy defender :D
    Opened my eyes to the selfish fixer concept!

4. Epekka

Epekka Well-Known Member

There should be a button in battlechat that says "i'm selfish!"

Rainbow Warrior likes this.
  5. Rainbow Warrior

Rainbow Warrior Well-Known Member

Or a selfish skin

Epekka likes this.
  6. PastelPiku

Security
    Better yet, we should be able to highlight one of our items so at the beginning of the match our teammates can see what our favorite item is. That way selfish fixers can show off their best duct tape, but it'd also let everyone on your team have a general idea of your playstyle.

CaffeinatedChris likes this.
  7. vis1234567899

vis1234567899 Well-Known Member

Lol there is me using my uncommon level 10

8. vis1234567899

Lol after being a selfish fixer, I agree with u. I somehow am doing better as a mk4 fixer with an uncommon level 20 and rare level 10 tape than with my speeder which is at mk5. My damage as fixer fluctuates from like 0-10000 as my carronade only works when I can islolate the enemy fixers, speeders and enforcers.

PastelPiku and Disguised like this.
  9. StrictSalmon307

StrictSalmon307 Well-Known Member

Professional student
    Did you get those legendaries from buying or for free? I want a legendary too but I only have like 4 pieces :(
    If you got it for free, how long did it take? Thanks :D

10. Miku Da Yo 39

I paid a decent amount of money and bought alot of the deals when they were being offered back in global launch as well as the recent Christmas ones. If I were to divide up all the Legendaries I've gotten by the amount of money I spent it would amount to around 125$ USD per Legendary. Of course some of the Leg parts came from playing normally. If I never paid any money then I would expect that from when I started last may until now to have only 1 Legendary. So around 10 months of playing to get 1 Legendary for free.

Disguised likes this.
  11. StrictSalmon307

StrictSalmon307 Well-Known Member

Professional student
    Ok, thanks for the reply!

12. vis1234567899

Lol extended scrapping means that u can reduce it to 5 months. The only problem is after 5 months u wont be as experienced as at 10 months

StrictSalmon307 likes this.
  13. Miku Da Yo 39

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Screenshot_20180212-231826.jpg Screenshot_20180212-232621.jpg

PastelPiku likes this.
  14. Sewah

Sewah Well-Known Member

15. Sewah

Sewah Well-Known Member

Screenshot_20180213-124804.jpg
    I sometime heal and sometime I'm Selfish.

If you dont want me to be Selfish, easy; PROTECT UR FIXER AND RELOCATE WHEN U ARE BEING SPAMMED MORE THAN 10 TIME.

Good Day.

16. Mr.FixIt.Nsk

Mr.FixIt.Nsk Member

Good words! Just few players I see what understand fixers and protect him.
    Becouse it I now collecting some duck tapes.
    Duck side is call me...

Sewah likes this.
  17. CaffeinatedChris

CaffeinatedChris MVP

There's two issues people seem to have with "Selfish Fixers" but only one is solvable externally.

1. Identifying a Selfish Fixer early
    With the growing spread of the Duct Side of the Force, memorizing names might not be enough much longer. If there was a crystal-clear way to tell that your Fixer is packing rolls of Tape instead of Pulses, this issue would go away. @PastelPiku mentioned an option to "highlight your favorite item" which would do it nicely, but it needs to be something like that rather than just the Fixer remembering to spam "Help! Negative!" at the start of the match.

2. Ineffective Selfish Fixers
    It doesn't help your team if you're the last one alive, but can't finish the job. Fixers below Mk6 had better be packing a high-level Epic or Legendary weapon, otherwise they typically won't be able to deliver enough damage to make themselves viable. Once you hit Mk6, the second weapon slot gives you the ability to lay down more fire, whether that's a pair of Sniper Cannons or the traditional Flare/Blast close-range combo.

The first issue can be solved by coding. The second one cannot.

TL;DR - "Please Duct Responsibly."

18. PastelPiku

Security
    Fully agree. I've seen one mk5 fixer do it right in person. Otherwise, I highly recommend waiting until mk6 to try the selfish build.

The second thing, however, could be applied to any build. While each and every build could serve useful purpose, you're bound to encounter someone who simply does not "do it right".

19. The Friendly Fixer

The Friendly Fixer Well-Known Member

Im Getting So Sick :confused: 2 Duct Tapes!!!???! On a MK 4 FIXER :eek: Hope I'm Dreaming

PastelPiku likes this.
  20. Pallas Athena

Pallas Athena New Member

I suppose I understand the concept. I play fixer most of all my boats. I have seen fixers with only duct tape loaded that do not warn in the beginning of play - in fact, I didn't know that was a thing. The issue I have is not being a hybrid, but being a recognizable boat that does not do the work and leaves the work undone.

Menrva and Sewah like this.