1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Other Fixers out there, what is your preferred weapon?

Discussion in 'Strategy Discussion' started by StarBurstX, 28 May 2017.

1. StarBurstX

StarBurstX New Member

As the title says, I'd like to know what weapons you guys like to use on fixer. Along the same point, how many weapon slot points does max level fixer have?

2. aaaxxd

aaaxxd Member

I use cannon because I don't have a choice. It is one of the few rares I have. (Somehow I managed to get four rare cannons in a row.)

3. JDAR

JDAR Active Member

Cannon is in my opinion the best weapon (unless you have like a legendary carronade)
    Because damage/reload so DPS is unbeatable. Also the fast reload time makes it so you can adjust your plan quickly and don't have to waste a ton of time aiming because I mostly focus on healing!

4. Kitterini

Kitterini Well-Known Member

Cannon at lower mk's.

Lategame you have more buttons (3heals, 1yellow and 2weps), so you'd probably benefit more from something with a slower reload time.

5. TwitchTvPopeDave

TwitchTvPopeDave New Member

Content Creator
    I started off with the Cannon like most, then I tried using the Blast Cannon, and did not like the projectile speed. I ended up moving back to the Cannon and my Damage went right back up. Of course, Fixers shouldn't be focusing on shooting, but when necessary, you want it to be quick and not miss. Cannon > All - in the early game

Rock'N'Rolla likes this.
  6. @Typically

@Typically New Member

7. Chad Iyet

Chad Iyet New Member

Cannon by far. Mine is so far level 10 rare and I'm loving it. Even as a Fixer mk3, I can equip a 2-point weapon, but there's nothing with as high DPS as Cannon that is as reliable in damage output. I just shoot at whatever my teammates are shooting at while healing them up and it works so well

8. BirdFly

BirdFly Member

I'm using 20 lvl rare blast cannon and I really like it. I'm around 1600 mk3 and it does pretty good job. 400 damage with every hit. Sometimes I see critical 800 damage. Most of the time when I stay at 1v1 or 1v2 I win the game alone by making them chasing me.
    I suggest you to use blast cannon if you have a good aim but please don't use torpedo or mine if you are not mk4 or higher.

9. LOLdude

LOLdude Member

and blue slots

10. LOLdude

LOLdude Member

why

11. BirdFly

BirdFly Member

thats why

12. Kitterini

Sure also that. They are passive though, so not very relevant for the point I wanted to make.

13. Miathan

Miathan Well-Known Member

I like using a swift torpedo on my mk2 fixer. I experimented a bit with mines and cannon too. I feel like when I take a cannon I get too focused on DPS instead of healing and stunning, and the mines are often never triggered. The swift torpedo has nice dmg and aoe with a reasonably short reload, and also applies pressure because of the visual (enemies sometimes forget their shooting for a second to try to move from the approaching torp)

14. Bennunator

Bennunator Moderator

Hey,

I started with the Standard Cannon. It's a great weapon, but to make lots of damage you need to shoot A LOT which might distract you from your job as a fixer. Tried Triple Torpedos but as it's often good to stay behind your team to not block their shots, it can be hard to use. Many Mk6 fixers use mines because they also have another weapon and they're strong enough to go in the middle of the action to throw them and not get destroyed. Wouldn't personally use mines in lower level fixers.

Now, my choice of weapon is the Napalm Launcher. It can do great damage but can also be used for defence. Blocking the enemies way or when you see your team mate getting destroyed, throwing napalm on the enemy ship might just buy you enough time to save them. Also, if you're too busy fixing, simply spamming napalm somewhere makes the enemies life harder.

Happy fixing!
    -Bennunator

15. LOLdude

LOLdude Member

same, napalm is good but Ben(nunator), why do you chat as if this was a letter?

16. Jabynator

Jabynator Member

I would either, if you have a high level fixer with 2 weapon slots, use a cannon / sniper / blast cannon and fire combo to deal as much amplified damage as possible or a well rounded weapon (for example cannon or sniper) if you only have 1 slot OR a very long range weapon to not get targeted by enemies (for example sniper, railgun or long range mortar)

17. BEN

BEN Active Member

Im no fixer, but one thing to consider is POV. Since fixers heal and support the team it might be a good idea to get a better view of your surroundings so you can dodge torps, mines, etc etc and focus more on healing your team mates. One way to do this is to equip a weapon that launches its projectiles. All 4 mortars, grenade, napalm and fire bomb, I think even mines and missile launcher changes your pov too.

18. Tom Davidson

Tom Davidson New Member

I like cannon. I have a rank 20, on games where I am only healer I don't do much if any damage. On games where I am second healer it puts out enough where I can help the fight. MK3 1700hp 1200 inf

19. Kitterini

I go back and forth between Cannon (rare lvl 30), Flare Gun (epic lvl 20) & Napalm Launcher (epic lvl 9 without talents).

For lower infamy I tend to do best with my Cannon, but closer to my current peak infamy I think the Napalm Launcher does a better job --- I hardly do damage, but the unfriendlies will almost always respect your fire. Its an amazing support weapon that can be used both offensively (toss at the escape patch of someone trapped in the open), defensively (toss between a dying teammember and the unfriendlies, giving your friend time to hide & you time to move there to heal him back up) & it also works wonders for movement & positioning.
    It's trash at the closing stages of the game, but with my current damage output I'm likely the one trying to draw at that stage anyway.

Next step - Learn some talents & level it up to a more useful level!

20. Talzi

Talzi New Member

I use the blast cannon, because it can do lots of damage and I focus on the fixing, so the DPS is not so important for me.