1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

DevReply I lost 900 Infamy teamed with people TRYING TO LOSE and I GET the penalty

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Major Major, 27 Jan 2018.

1. Major Major

Major Major Active Member

Here's the loadout I'm playing on my Mk6 Shooter.

Loadout.png

F2P? I have spent exactly $5 on this game during the entire time I've played it. I am trying not to pay to advance but it looks like the game is rigged to force you to pay to play.
    I started with this game during the worldwide release. Apparently there were NZ players for over a year before the worldwide release. So there are a ton of "seal clubbers" beating up on guys like me who advanced due to skills rather than heavy weapons.

I don't know what you mean about losing infamy for quests. I am playing personal and guild quests and my infamy keeps dropping.

I am fighting as hard as I can, only to receive more and more penalties. I just have one question: WHY?!?!?
    IMG_0034.PNG

Last edited: 1 Feb 2018
  2. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

I don't see you losing like that in a mk6. Did you try replacing the rudder with a bandage?

Look, the way you lost seems odd. Dropping from 2400 is unnatural no matter what I consider. Agreed, I went down from 2725 to 1975, but that was my worst streak, AND I had rare t3 blast and t2 flare back then.

How did you lose THAT much?

3. Zachiderp

Zachiderp Well-Known Member

My gear is literally HALF as good as yours yet I'm double your infamy. There must be something you're doing wrong because not EVERY game you lost was your teams fault. But I do see that its very brutal to negate 100% of a players reward for losing infamy

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  4. HeroicBubbles

HeroicBubbles Active Member

Actually it does make sense if no matter what his infamy is he is matched up with other MK6's from nightmare or near. He continues to lose but his matchups don't change when they should get easier if infamy was the only matchmaking requirement. To add insult to injury he gets no rewards for playing.

Major Major and Elena Kr like this.
  5. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

Well, he has to have gone down to, what, 1600? Before he got "tanked". With his gear, unless it's "weekend madness", the possibility is worse than remote.

6. Major Major

Dear Mister Smarty Pants Developer:
    Of my last four games, I had TWO floaters on my teams, causing 0-5 losses. THAT IS 50% FLOATERS not 1%

xxxBISMARCKxxx likes this.
  7. Major Major

You are absolutely correct. That is exactly what is happening.

My current peak infamy for this season is 1798, so maybe I will get kicked down to Master League in about TEN DAYS. By then, if I keep playing I'll be down to almost ZERO infamy. Then I'll be mismatched again and probably overpower every opponent.

The matchmaking system is seriously broken if the most common battle result I see is 5-0, regardless of who wins. Battles should be more even, at least 5-2, and ideally teams would be so evenly matched that 5-4 battles would be common. But no, the system is broken.

8. Major Major

I am continuing to lose, current infamy 1108. Yes, it would be nice if I had a bandage, but I have never seen anything but a common bandage. It appears the "randomness" of some items is deliberately skewed, so that extremely valuable items like Epic Bandages are almost impossible to acquire except by paying cash. I noticed the game increased advertising of these expensive $29.95 packages. I am sure as HELL not going to pay more money for a broken game. I am on the verge of quitting forever. If it is impossible to advance by playing fairly, there is no point.

The reason I lose that much is that I am almost always the first to die. That is seal clubbing. The moment I am spotted, the entire team focuses on me. It's a legit winning strategy, but based on a flaw in game balance. Or worse, I get spotted by someone with a Legendary weapon and get taken out with one shot. I have tried many different strategies, for example to hang back and wait until my teammates do a little damage, and the game turns into a boring battle of attrition by the two teams shooting artillery from a long distance, doing no damage to each other. At some point, one team or other attacks and I still get killed instantly. I also have an L40 Epic carronade with perks, I tried using that since I thought it might help when I get attacked from close quarters, but it wasn't any better.

I am pretty accurate shooter especially with long distance weapons, I've taken out speeders at long distance with my rail gun several times. But no matter my skills or weapons, it is all futile when I am mismatched.

9. Major Major

THIS is unfair. Victory 5-2, top kills, top score, ZERO reward.
    IMG_BFFCCC781ECF-1.jpeg

10. LotharusMaximus

LotharusMaximus Well-Known Member

Major-
    You probably don't want to hear this but we have all been through this sort of 'streak'. I just went 3-18 the other day before I stopped counting. Problem is, in a week you will probably be above your highest infamy and forgotten about this losing streak. While it IS frustrating while in the midst of the losing streak, I suspect we won't be hearing from you when you are on the inevitable winning streak that is likely right around the corner. Try to remember that this is just a game that is supposed to be fun. You obviously like the game or you wouldn't be here venting. When I have these streaks I bitch to my guild mates and then look back at it and shake my head. With your load out I'm sure you can achieve a much higher infamy than what you have stated.

On a side note, might want to stow the grenade for a longer range weapon for the time being. It works better on enforcer/speeder. With the slow boat (shooter) you have to expose yourself too much/too long for it to be viable in my opinion. I use the same exact weapons as you except I have Blast in place of your Grenade.

11. Major Major

I've been through plenty of losing streaks before. None of them resulted in penalties or restrictions. This is NOT fun.

BTW I have an Epic range perk on my grenade launcher, as well as epic increased chance of catching fire. It's a pretty effective weapon generally, but I'll try swapping it out. Unfortunately my best other weapon is an L20 epic carronade and a L20 rare napalm launcher. Everything else I have at Epic level is stalled at L10, waiting to acquire additional spare weapons so I can evolve. But with these penalties, I will never acquire additional weapons, let alone enough sugar and gold to evolve.

12. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

Your matchmaking issue is the MK6 boat since it throws you into an entirely different class of battles. The 800 infamy penalty should actually take into account your boat, so that if you were 2400 as MK5, you're probably 1800 MK6. That's the issue with using boat level on matchmaking. I personally think it should be based on infamy, period. People can bitch about getting one-shotted as an MK4 by an MK6, but the reality is the MK4 is probably reaching and the MK6 is probably too low, so the result of the match should adjust both infamies... bubbling both up and down until they are in the right area.

That would work in a pure system, but the wrench gets thrown in is when that true MK4 brings out their MK2, or the MK6 brings out their MK4 and all of a sudden they are under-powered relative to their infamy, and their items are over-powered relative to boat. I've said this in many threads, but the easy solution to much of this is to fix all players boats to their highest MK level... then matchmaking doesn't have to artificially match boat levels, and infamy drops on boat upgrade will also be a thing of the past.

I don't understand why we have a system that punishes boat upgrades when there is an easy solution.

13. Major Major

I see a lot of Mk5 boats in my battles so matchmaking is not totally based on Mk level.

Yeah all these problems started when I finally got to level 40 where the Mk6 is unlocked. I believe it used to unlock at L38 but it was changed in the latest update. Of course they changed this when I was L37 and that really irritated me.

I got to L40 and bought the Mk6 shooter, then I was astonished to move pretty rapidly up from about 2000 to 2400. Then the moment the season ended and I hit Ace 1 League, things went straight to hell. Currently at 1100 infamy, I am being matched with ships 1700+ Infamy higher than me. If I tried to Fleet with those ships, the system wouldn't let me. What's the limit, 800 Infamy difference? Why should the Matchmaker put me in matches with ships that it would prohibit Fleeting with due to Infamy difference?

14. HeroicBubbles

HeroicBubbles Active Member

My suggestion is to take your OP weapons and put it on another boat you have at a lower MK level. You should get matched closer to your infamy and be able to win more and climb infamy enough to start getting rewards again. Then you can start playing your MK6 again and try to gain enough skill/upgrades that you don't lose all of the time when you play it. You can always go back to your other boat to keep your infamy at a reasonable level. Just don't upgrade it to MK6 until you are comfortable the same problem won't happen!

_devill likes this.
  15. Major Major

FINALLY a useful tactic!

Yes! I put my maxed weapons, shield, and turbo on an Mk3 Defender. I was at 1059 infamy, all other players were max 1630, a much more evenly matched battle. Unfortunately, I hate the defender and all the other ships besides shooter. I focused on developing the shooter and weapons for it. I don't even have any yellow defensive/stun weapons at all.

Last edited: 1 Feb 2018
  16. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

Good question.

Yes! This is the same advice I gave to a couple guild mates who got into the same quandary as soon as they went MK6. They too dropped 800 infamy in a similar range to the OP. In other words, this is more of a systemic issue than most want to admit. I made a decision long ago I'm flat out not upgrading my main to MK6 until there is a clear advantage to doing so... which means the ship-upgrade-infamy-drop issue is no longer a concern. I've toyed with upgrading secondary boats, but even that seems risky as there's no going back once things start to go terribly wrong.

17. Major Major

I wonder if this Mk6 problem was an issue before they moved the unlock up from Captain Level 38 to Level 40. But I have been examining teammates and opponents and they aren't all Ace 1 league, some are in Master league. I still don't know how they're assigning people to teams. But it clearly needs some play balance.

18. Jeff's Jammers

Jeff's Jammers New Member

19. Berbum

Berbum New Member

Same here, I want to play fair but most of the time the mismatch is really terrible. I mean what is wrong with the logic of battle if the chances of winning is zero. Hey devs fix this thing. You call this fair play. I even subscribed for VIP and this is what I get. You made a fool of myself thinking fair play is done in battle bay. It is even in your rules. 10 loses straight is not what i call fairplay or fair match. The game even lags and the crates we receive are stupid. The raffles that we get that we painstakingly played is full of useless parts and perks. I know you can control the system because you made it, so stop scamming us players.

This game used to be fun!!! Now it is all about the money!!!!

HectorBarbossa likes this.
  20. Jeff's Jammers

Jeff's Jammers New Member

image.png I totally agree Major. I have only been playing a month, but am finding it impossible to break out of noob infamy (700-800). There are so many kamikazis, floaters, and poor players that I find myself constantly losing, yet being the top hit points scorer most every time.
    Infamy needs to be counted by personal hit points and ships sunk, and not tied to 4 other players and their performances.
    I will not spend another dollar on this game when scoring makes no sense. I can't join Guilds with serious players that I can learn from, and a 800 infamy entrance cutoff that I so far can't obtain.
    Oh, and the statistics that state floaters are in the one percentile is just a complete joke. At least at my level, I would say much closer to 10 times that not counting kamikazi's and other infamy dumpers.