1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

New 2 Point Fixer items

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by Miku Da Yo 39, 29 Jan 2018.

?

Poll

1. Yes, slot points shouldn't be optimized for only 1 build

17 vote(s)
    89.5%
  2. No, it will be harder to farm gear

2 vote(s)
    10.5%
  1. Miku Da Yo 39

Miku Da Yo 39 Well-Known Member

Like the title says, can we get more 2 point green items? As of now, we must run double pulse to make use of all 5 slots which is wasted if we don't.
    Can we get maybe just 2 point versions of current items or something? Idk let me know what you guys think.

2. Ian

Ian Well-Known Member

Student
    Definitely need more 2 slot point green gear! Some ideas because I'm bored lmao:
    - A slow travelling projectile that heals teammates in its radius. Would be shot in a direction, then people would follow it to move somewhere safely.
    - a healing blaster: works like frost except when it hits it heals over time. Maybe would be pulse healing power but last 2-3x as long.
    - healing circle: sets a circular area of the water into effect, healing every second(s). (Maybe lasts ~10 secs with high cd
    - charge healing blaster: similar to healing blaster but longer you hold the button (up to 5-10 seconds) the more powerful the heal. Shouldn't be healing overtime for this one imo
    - healing torp: hehe I just like torpedos. Just make it look translucent / green and it's all gud. Kinda weird tho idk bout this one
    - explosive heal: grenade shot
    - who knows, any more ideas?

HARPO! and Rainbow Warrior like this.
  3. Thinn Bihh

Thinn Bihh Member

I think farming shouldn't be an issue. I've gotten 12 rare repair bolts as a f2p player, and it's not that hard since there's only 4 items. But we definitely need good item suggestions.
    I propose a buffed repair bolt that acts like a blaster and has 50-75% power compared to a regular bolt. But it would have a universal resistance to stun/frost/fire, like half duration for each. And the training tree and perks would make the duration between 10-20 seconds (most stun,frost,fire items are 1 slot)

Ian likes this.
  4. PastelPiku

PastelPiku Well-Known Member

Security
    I think we just need more green items in general lol.
    Isn't the repair bolt kind of like a torpedo already? It travels along the water until it reaches its destination.

5. Hokuse

Hokuse Well-Known Member

A circle that protects allies by %20 maybe :)

6. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

I agree... one of the reason Fixers can progress quickly is because they have so few items to deal with... which is efficient, but lack of variety is also a little more boring than some of the other boats.

StrictSalmon307 likes this.
  7. Kitterini

Kitterini Well-Known Member

More green items should also result in more green pieces dropping, so thats mainly a downside for non Fixers ;)

Im sure we will see more 2p options eventually, and hopefully they learned something from the Repair Bolt 2p introduction.

- Chain Heal?
    - Healing link (short range bolt that heals both Fixer and Target)
    - Healing Bouy (Drop Bouy, it pulses aoe healing for some duration).

8. OMTonyG

OMTonyG New Member

I was thinking about this earlier and the simplest idea I could come up with was a double repair box. (I know creative right :))

9. PastelPiku

Security
    That's part of it, but I think it also has to do with the fact that having a fixer gives your team an advantage, even if you're not that powerful of a fixer. When I first started fixer, I was the only fixer in the whole match about half of the time. I'm sure this is because fixer is a very unpopular boat at low infamy, from my experience at least.

Kitterini likes this.
  10. Ian

Ian Well-Known Member

Student
    I like the buoy idea!

11. NoTzHoNg

NoTzHoNg Active Member

Battle Bay Player
    Maybe a healing mortar.
    You would aim like a regular mortar, but instead of damaging, it heals.
    The closer the ships are to the center of hit, the more healing is done

The Grim Repair likes this.
  12. Kitterini

Kitterini Well-Known Member

Perhaps a Healing Rain, raining down ticking healing in a green circle for some duration.
    Upside: Aoe healing at range.
    Downside: Requires targets to clump up (and stay) within a zone for aslong as they want healing.

PastelPiku and The Grim Repair like this.
  13. Battle Bay Scrub

Battle Bay Scrub Member

So that’s like a healing napalm which sounds awesome ngl.

Double Pulse is overrated.

14. Disguised

Disguised Well-Known Member

I disagree because it's the only way to utilize all green slot points on the Mk6+.

15. CaffeinatedChris

CaffeinatedChris MVP

I like the idea of a deployable (and possibly destroyable?) "Healing Buoy" that gets launched in an arc.

A double-pulse build also means that you're forced to get up front and be more vulnerable to enemy fire if you want those pulses to have their full effect, so another ranged heal would be useful. I could see running Pulse+Bolt+Buoy.

Either that or make the Mk6 slots 5GGGG. ;)

Last edited: 31 Jan 2018
    The Grim Repair likes this.
  16. HARPO!

HARPO! Well-Known Member

I’m a Performer! Television and Stage!
    Check out my Deployer in new ship under General Discussion

17. TheFixer27

TheFixer27 Well-Known Member

A boat
    All fixers unite and let's help each other think of a different way to heal our patients ;)

PastelPiku likes this.
  18. MobyD1ckXXL

MobyD1ckXXL New Member

I posted this in a thread of my own but thought it was pertinent here too:
    Repair Halo (name open to suggestion)
    A 2 pt healing item launched in an arc like a mortar that lands a large radius "napalm of healing" that heals friendlies in the "fire". A green fire would look awesome lol

Repair bomb
    A "fire bomb of healing" that instantly heals freindlies in impact radius. lands like a fire bomb or mortar and explodes in a green flash instantly healing freindlies in radius.

19. The Friendly Fixer

The Friendly Fixer Well-Known Member

True P.S FIXER NEEDS MORE LOVE!!!!! ... what I Just Really Like the Fixer :):p:D

PastelPiku likes this.
  20. PastelPiku

Security
    Support Drop
    Airdrop 3 repair boxes within a circle designated anywhere on the map. Their power should be less than or the same as the normal repair boxes with a base cooldown of about 30 seconds. It also takes a few seconds for them to parachute down to the water, so they aren't as quick to deploy in emergencies. Their best strength is supporting your teammates from afar. There should also be a couple talents to increase the amount of dropped boxes (let's say 5 boxes max for now) and it should benefit from the repair box launcher talents.

Not sure how well this item would work on Wayward Pains. I guess you could still airdrop them in the center of the map or capture point, where there's no ceiling, so it's probably fine? I think if this is added, the UI for picking the drop coordinates should show where they can and can't be dropped, similar to aiming with a mortar. Here are some of the pros and cons of the support drop item.

Pros:
    • Infinite range
    • Does not directly give away the fixer's position
    • Boxes can still crit
    • Potentially more healing than the single repair box launcher
    • All boxes can be picked up by one person, making it the most powerful when used for one friend
    Cons:
    • Long cooldown
    • Slow deployment
    • Boxes can still be snuffed by unfriends
    • Can't drop boxes under a ceiling
    • Unfriends can see the boxes as they parachute down
    Also, something like this would require some kind of indication of who's repair boxes are who's, like unfriends' being red, because this kind of item could potentially turn the map into a mess of unknown boxes that have a 50/50 chance of healing you. But oh man, those games with 3 fixers on each team would be insane with these things available!