1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

DevReply I lost 900 Infamy teamed with people TRYING TO LOSE and I GET the penalty

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Major Major, 27 Jan 2018.

1. Major Major

Major Major Active Member

I worked hard to get over 2400 infamy, and since then, I've lost dozens of games that dropped me down to 1500 infamy. I am playing with teammates that are deliberately tanking infamy and now I AM BEING PENALIZED for THEIR CHEATING. This is obviously unfair.

It appears that there is a huge penalty caused by losing 900+ infamy: your postgame rewards are dropped down to almost nothing. I was getting 24000+ gold after each victory. Now whenever I win (which is about 1 time out of 10) my max reward is around 10k. I have turned in dozens of floaters and infamy tankers with Mk6 ships with 80 infamy. And now I am paying the penalty.

The matchmaker should not be putting me on teams with cheaters, trying to beat opponents 900+ infamy above me.

This game is broken. Fix it.

Battle Bay Scrub and EyesTv like this.
  2. Zangetsu

Zangetsu Well-Known Member

Only bad players complain about matchmaking as their sole reason for losing lol. Yea, I'm sure all those losses were because of others and not you, you're never going to improve if you keep blaming others.

3. Major Major

Ya right. Blame me for floaters tanking the entire team when I'm getting over 15k points and killing 3 opponents, so we lose 3-5.

There should be NO 0-5 losses at this level. The matchmaker is broken.

EyesTv likes this.
  4. Zangetsu

Zangetsu Well-Known Member

Bias, you're too busy faulting the team when your actions could easily change the tide depending how you played.

If you can't realise your flaws and only highlight the few times you did well, you're not going to improve your technique/gameplay. Gonna be stuck in the same cycle and still blame matchmaking.

Shadow Moon!, Kitterini and Zachiderp like this.
  5. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

We should meet up sometime. I've never yet seen you in a fight, which is rare for me.

Also, try to avoid making infamy pushes in the weekends, to avoid "weekend madness".

6. craz¥burd

craz¥burd Well-Known Member

and don’t forget ‘end of season’ madness....:eek:
    Last 12 hours before end of season, everyone pushing - but making more mistakes....

Elena Kr likes this.
  7. ViscountSniffit

ViscountSniffit Well-Known Member

Can you post some replays? I float between 2150-2500 normally. Against 1500s, my ship and gear would be really unfair... I could pretty much charge forward and win games on my own. What boat are you playing?

8. Kitterini

Kitterini Well-Known Member

Bombs of truth!

9. Miika

Miika Game Lead

On your infamy range 1% of battles contains a floater on average. This is once per every 100 battles.

10. S.S. Von Snoot

S.S. Von Snoot New Member

The whole 900 infamy loss worse rewards thing is BS. I'm sorry but its a terrible rule. What about when your guild needs someone to play a certain boat and you suck at it? Or its MK4 when you play MK6 other boats? Personally, I take the infamy hit and I help the team and usually lose a lot of games in the process. So the system is definitely broken, and just because this guy sucks doesn't mean its his fault the game screwed him on the rewards. The game is broken and I agree.

Shermanator and Shadow Moon! like this.
  11. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

To do that guild quest you willingly made yourself under-powered and you should thus expect your infamy to drop without complaint. The problem is that playing under-powered boat is a disservice to your randomized teammates, so you're trading off being a good teammate for being a good guildmate. Hopefully you can figure out how to balance both.

I would HIGHLY recommend is that you do not run your MK4... instead, save gold and upgrade it. It won't take but a few days. IMO all boats should be leveled at once to avoiding this whole issue caused by guild quests... but that's a whole other topic. https://forum.battlebay.net/threads/level-all-ships-at-once.16185/

StrictSalmon307 likes this.
  12. xxxBISMARCKxxx

xxxBISMARCKxxx Well-Known Member

Which of course wouldn't prevent some players from having a significantly higher percentage than that, right? Don't try to have it both ways, saying it's just some clustered bad luck of RNG when people complain one way, then implying the odds are too much against it when they complain the other way.

13. :MrFixer:

:MrFixer: New Member

unfortunately when the game wants you to lose, friend, there is no way, you will lose, because the game does this so that your victory rate is the closest to 50%, I noticed this because after winning and having achieved enough infamy soon then I started to lose in an impressive way, 10 to 14 times in a row, I unfortunately can not do anything is to accept and keep control in the head

14. Trium

Trium Active Member

How will you comment a situation, when a person has to complete a quest with a ship/weapon which is not suitable for his infamy?
    How will you comment completing guild quests, when people don't have required weapons?

They don't float, they try to complete quest. But during these examples the trophies may drop down by 1000 and more.

15. :MrFixer:

knows if the game causes you to lose, I do not agree in any way you penalize him, in decreasing the reward, maybe you do not even know but the player does not want to lose on purpose, he gives everything, but still he loses, Why the penalty?

Major Major likes this.
  16. :MrFixer:

so you have to hate min in 100 battles I do not have 1 match with afk and yes 10 to 20, and 15 to 20 suicides

17. HeroicBubbles

HeroicBubbles Active Member

So 1% of games have a floater. In those games, assuming YOU aren't a floater, the odds the floater is on the OTHER team is greater (5/9) which actually benefits your record in the long run.

18. Major Major

OK Mister Smarty Pants Developer, please tell me what IS my infamy range? I worked hard to get into Ace 1, I think I peaked at 2430 infamy. I got their early, with max level 40 epic and rare weapons. I am getting consistently partnered with players at 2900 infamy. My weapons are severely underpowered, since I'm going up against people who have been in Nightmare League and have Legendary weapons. So which league AM I in, Warrior 3 (at my current 1202 infamy), Ace 1 at my peak 2450 infamy, or Ace 3 people with nearly 3000 infamy?

So NOW my infamy has dropped to 1202. It is impossible for me to compete against Ace League players. I will continue to be trapped in games with players at least 1200+ infamy above mine. This would be expected if my infamy was still 2400. But it isn't.

Perhaps this is what I keep hearing about: "seal clubbing." Except I am the baby seal. I am going up against players that are getting more than 20,000 points in a single game. They are going out of their way to kill me.

This game's matchmaker is broken. Fix it.

I hereby appeal the game restrictions applied to my account. This restriction is intended to penalize deliberate infamy tankers. I am NOT deliberately losing infamy. If you are a developer, you can access my reporting of Floaters. I must have reported dozens. They are all legit, they never move and never shoot. Go look and see how far above 1% Floaters I encounter.

Last edited: 1 Feb 2018
    HectorBarbossa likes this.
  19. TheAntiSnipe

Wow tho. You have EPIC 40!?! And are now in 1200s?

Tell me the truth.
    1. Are you F2P?
    2. Have you lost infamy for quests?

Also, I veeery rarely run into floaters. Punks with legendaries, of course. But slaying those fools who think money and no skillz can win them the game, that's my job as an Ace 2 F2P with all rare t4s hehe.

20. TheAntiSnipe

Also, I think that the devs can do nothing to fix the floater issue! I mean, how would they? At best, they would compensate infamy lost in case of a deserter(floater) like Vainglory.