1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Legendary Help

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Thinn Bihh, 29 Jan 2018.

1. Thinn Bihh

Thinn Bihh Member

After more than like 7 months, I've finally got my first legendary, a cannon. Now I was gonna quit if it was mortar so it's fine. But I can't seem to find posts on the Cannon (I'm on a phone and it's hard to search). I play fixer and sometimes speeder, so could someone give me advice, like dmg perks vs critical chance. I plan to retrain and abandon my sniper (it already does more dmg at lvl 1 o_O)

Neptune_Gaming likes this.
  2. Disguised

Disguised Well-Known Member

Nice weapon first of all.
    With the perks, it all matters up to you(I'm too lazy to make calculations). If you like the critical hits of a sniper, go crit perks, but if you like constant damage of blast cannon, go damage perks. I would personally go either 1 crit chance + 2 fire damage or 2 crit chance + 1 fire damage because there is a lot of fire on the bay, and I like seeing the ! pop-up after my burst damage.

3. Miku Da Yo 39

Miku Da Yo 39 Well-Known Member

All crit chance perks 100%. You fire the cannon so often that you will feel like it is critting as much as a sniper haha

Thinn Bihh, Disguised and Ian like this.
  4. Thinn Bihh

Thinn Bihh Member

I'm pretty sure I won't ever get duplicates, so I'll only have three perk slots. I have 1 EPIC of each (dmg, crit, fire chance) and a few rare for dmg, so idk which to choose yet.

5. Syla5

Syla5 Active Member

statistically over 100 hits going all crit va going all damage perks there is very little in it, 59k with all damage perks and 58.4k with crit perks

Thinn Bihh likes this.
  6. Miku Da Yo 39

It's about burst potential

7. Syla5

Syla5 Active Member

It’s about preference at the end of the day. You get better consistent higher with burn perks.

Rainbow Warrior and Ovidmikel like this.
  8. Rainbow Warrior

Rainbow Warrior Well-Known Member

Cannon + Napalm or Fire bomb :D:D:D with all burn perks

9. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

Canon is very flexible as we already have 4 perks mentioned. I used a crit perk, a damage perk, and a range perk for a while, but ultimately I converted them all to range perks. Canon is high DPS due to low cycle time, but damage per shot is sort of low, so I'm not convinced that damage or crit makes a big difference. What I like is to have the ability for that Canon to reach far... It's the best weapon to finish off a critically injured speeder when they try to flee.

10. Miku Da Yo 39

What kind of range are we looking at if we equip 3-4 epic range perks?

11. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

Base range is 25. I have 2 rare range perks (+8% each) and a 31.5 range which isn't far from LRM @35. 3 epic perks (+10%) would get it there. I misspoke though as I still have a damage perk on it.. I think 31.5 is a good range, as it is farther than most mortars or missiles at base.

Unfortunately I have yet to see an epic range perk in all my months of playing this game.

12. Trium

Trium Active Member

Worst advice ever

Cannon is a nice weapon, stable damage, easy to hit, low cooldown.
    Best perks are either damage boost or damage boost for burning targets (good if you have firebomb)