1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

A compilation of Mini/small tips!!

Discussion in 'Strategy Discussion' started by TheFixer27, 27 Jan 2018.

1. TheFixer27

TheFixer27 Well-Known Member

A boat
    Hey guysI'll be posting tips that I don't think many people know/little known fact here
    You may also post yours and I'll add it up
    I'll also update more when I get more ideas

General
    You can damage enemies behind thin walls by throwing torps or any aoe shot at the wall,the same applies to repair pulse,assuming the target is very close to the other side of the wall
    Obiouvsly,if you land napalm close to a wall the fire will exceeds to the other

Always stay away from walls
    Avoid Choke Points
    Avoid ALL mines
    Capture when you cannot break the enemy team's defense- especially useful against a fixer team!

When in doubt who to follow.
    Follow the highest infamy player on team.

An obvious thing: GO TOGETHER!
    When your teammates say "together" they are not trying to cheer you up, they mean it!
    Same goes for "help" message. It means someoneneeds you somewhere. SO GO THERE!

Cannon related
    Explosive cannon also have a 1 % crit chance,but there are just not enough space on the item stat to show it
    Incendiary related
    How to classify orange AoE mortar circle:Napalm shot lands noticeably faster than firebomb shell and has darker colored fireball

Tesla related:

There's blue sparks that come out of ships which have been stun shielded which indicates stun resistance buff. Wait for the sparks to die down to get maximum durations!

Tesla Stun will remove the Tesla shield of an unfriend.You can use this technique to remove enemy shield OR intercep stun with shield whenever it make sense.

Try to work with stun duration. Don't break itright away just so you can deal some damage.You're likely going to mess up someone's tactics.Try to line up your shot at the moment the stun is broken, either by the duration wearing off or the stun-inflicter breaking the stun themself.Well-timed stun breaks lead to cleaner kills and more efficient trades.

Speed related
    Use overboost in a high wave (Crash and burn / subzero) them when you are on the low part of the wave use NITRO and your boat will fly up in da air!

For speeders:
    When scouting, try to find the range at which sniper cannons are effective. Once you get there, go 90° to the enemy team's spawn.

Also, USE the waves, especially if you don't have a nitro. Staying just behind a wave(from the unfriend's perspective) makes you immune to sniper cannon and excannon fire, while making them waste shots since their reticle shows GREEN. The shots will just get extinguished.

Last edited: 17 Mar 2018
  2. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

Stun related:

There's blue sparks that come out of ships which have been stun shielded. Wait for the sparks to die down to get maximum durations!

3. TheFixer27

A boat
    Added:)

super_sonic181 likes this.
  4. BoomBoat4000

BoomBoat4000 New Member

Tesla shield mortar deflect was mind blowing when I found out about it, made me love my enforcer even more.

Railgun does shoot through friendly ships does it not?

5. LotharusMaximus

LotharusMaximus Well-Known Member

Tesla Stun will remove the Tesla shield of an unfriend. I find this very handy on my enforcer.

6. Nam_Nam

Nam_Nam Active Member

Always stay away from walls
    Avoid Choke Points
    Avoid ALL mines
    Capture when you cannot break the enemy team's defense- especially useful against a fixer team!

7. *JAWS*

*JAWS* Well-Known Member

Couldnt disagree more with some of these.

Hug walls. Use obstacles. This affects radar for oppossing team. No line of sight. No radar.
    Walls are your friends. Yes u think a torpedo will get u. But most of the time it wont.
    Choke points and mines are like yellow lines in a road. They are there for suggestion. But can be used tactically to destroy unfriends.

Just because someone doesnt want you to go somewhere. Doesnt mean u always listen. Ie sometimes you storm the fort.
    Sometimes u go thru the canal. Sometimes u crawl thru the mud.

Having a spine is good. Using tactics is good. Never fall for pat answers.

Raunak, Neptune_Gaming, Ian and 2 others like this.
  8. The Grim Repair

The Grim Repair Community Manager

9. Nam_Nam

Nam_Nam Active Member

Lol sorry. Let me clarify-

Never thought about radar, but hiding BEHIND walls is good, not standing in front of them. However, still don't cling to thin walls like the buoys in Destruct 9.

Do not bunch up in choke points unless you want to die- go through or don't, don't stay there.
    Examples: The entrances to the Capture point at Dropdead Gorge, the low tunnels in Chill Zone, the broken tunnels in The Foundry

Avoid mines, especially in the end of the game. You never know if a speeder dropped them there, or if it was there for a while. (Can be similarly applied to Napalm, but going through it is necessary to stick with the team.)

Sorry for the miscommunication.

FaceChomped, The Otherguy and *JAWS* like this.
  10. Kelvs599

Kelvs599 Member

Actually, Carronade has more stats in its description than Explosive Cannon, so it seems more like a mistake than a limitation that the crit chance isn't shown for EC.

Neptune_Gaming likes this.
  11. The Afenogaster

The Afenogaster Well-Known Member

Bbay player / free time artist.
    Use overboost in a high wave (Crash and burn / subzero) them when you are on the low part of the wave use NITRO and your boat will fly up in da air!

12. The Afenogaster

The Afenogaster Well-Known Member

Bbay player / free time artist.
    Another one: know the weapon slots of your enemy, then watch their weapons and act knowing what weapons they have, if they own mortars or torp be close, if they have carronade / grenade flee and attack them from the distance, if they have the flare explosive combo just die... it's Op

13. Nam_Nam

Nam_Nam Active Member

By watching, you can also predict when they will shoot and Nitro out of the way. :p It's not even that hard!

Mr. Chompers and NoTzHoNg like this.
  14. Nam_Nam

Nam_Nam Active Member

Watch out for when the mortars are overlapping! Even if you block one, you suffer major damage from the other. Or, it could be the first of several BERTA shots...

BoomBoat4000 likes this.
  15. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

For speeders:
    When scouting, try to find the range at which sniper cannons are effective. Once you get there, go 90° to the enemy team's spawn.

Also, USE the waves, especially if you don't have a nitro. Staying just behind a wave(from the unfriend's perspective) makes you immune to sniper cannon and excannon fire, while making them waste shots since their reticle shows GREEN. The shots will just get extinguished.

16. TheFixer27

A boat
    All the comments before this one added:)

17. TheFixer27

A boat
    Stickyyyyy theread

18. *JAWS*

*JAWS* Well-Known Member

Another mini tip:
    When in doubt who to follow.

Follow the highest infamy player on team.

Ps: most nitemare league players follow this rule by default.

Think of it this way. If they have a higher score than you....they are most likely doing something right.

Next mini tip:
    Whoever is your most forward player in team formation, is not only a scout. Ie upping teams radar. But they are also the first shot fired from your formation to unfriends.
    Your forward player also get shot at first. Drawing fire.
    Pay attention to the this scout and fire at their target. IF your scout fires at american maurader. Fire all together at American maurader. Per ex.

Great things happen when u do this

19. Disguised

Disguised Well-Known Member

If only infamy ranking was perfect...

20. _devill

_devill Well-Known Member

+1:)

And if the scout is a speeder and top infamy on your team, don't back away when the guy runs back for cover. (Help! help! Negative!!:()

Neptune_Gaming and PastelPiku like this.