1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Don’t Shoot At Me!

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Rez Messing, 23 Jan 2018.

1. Rez Messing

Rez Messing Active Member

Ne’er-do-well
    Why do people shoot at their own team mates at the beginning of a battle? When they do that to me, I lose all motivation to win the battle, so please, stop doing it. It may be the very reason why you lose battles. Thanks for listening.

YerJokinArnYer and fr4nk1yn like this.
  2. Disguised

Disguised Well-Known Member

Lol. I'm nevah gonna stop doing that now.
    I sometimes also just wonder what it's like to not have auto-aim/sticky target.

Captain Gilligan and Rez Messing like this.
  3. Rez Messing

Ne’er-do-well
    What did spiteful people do before the internet? :D

4. Snapshot

Snapshot Well-Known Member

It's a form of team communication. They are telling me that they aren't serious about winning this match so I shouldn't waste my time either.

5. xxxBISMARCKxxx

xxxBISMARCKxxx Well-Known Member

I thought it's so I would know they were following me..

The Otherguy likes this.
  6. Snapshot

Honestly who knows what their motivations are? All I know is that it's not serious play. A serious player finds himself very busy in those first 15 seconds.

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  7. xxxBISMARCKxxx

xxxBISMARCKxxx Well-Known Member

How is letting me know- for example- that I have backup going up one of the side paths on Dropdead Gorge not a serious play? It saves me having to look around when I want to keep my eyes on the other team.

There have been times where it seemed like trolling but most of the time it seems like the other player is trying to be legit helpful. But maybe it's an infamy range thing, I don't know. Most people don't get over 3000 without being at least a little try-hard (or spend-hard).

_devill and ninjamutantti like this.
  8. Snapshot

I'm curious why you would need someone else to tell you that but if it works for you, ok.

Well, given I'm sub 1000 infamy right now and you're 3000+ I'm gonna go with "it's an infamy thing". Either that or I simply have a short patience which is also true. My general attitude is that I'm too busy to play cowboys and Indians so they'll have to do it on their own. No, I don't need anyone to tell me what my team is doing. I already know that.

9. Jujujuan

Jujujuan Active Member

If we are all Mk5 and one of us is paired with a Mk3 with low infamy i just shot him till unfoes appear. Is like trying to say "If we lose will be because of you"

Neptune_Gaming likes this.
  10. Ovidmikel

Ovidmikel Active Member

Sometimes it means hey stupid were all going this way wtf are u doing

11. Ian

Ian Well-Known Member

Student
    I just shoot friends or guild mates so they know I'm in a battle with them lol

Shadow Moon! and The Afenogaster like this.
  12. BoomBoat4000

BoomBoat4000 New Member

It’s more of a “I’m here and I can aim, let’s do this”. Normally it’ll be at someone in front of me but I’ll also do it at someone who isn’t moving immediately from the start and it’s part of my prep to see who is switched on and who is floating while moving.

That first 15s of the fight is figuring out your own team and getting positioned accordingly, so if it turns you off...?!

The Otherguy likes this.
  13. Rainbow Warrior

Rainbow Warrior Well-Known Member

When he is the reason you won, what do you do?

14. EyeOfDoom

EyeOfDoom Well-Known Member

Well, I'm one of those guys. I like to warm up my cannons and test how far can I shoot my carronade for all 7 hits. Plus hitting someone with carronade at point blank is oddly so satisfying no matter whether it's enemy or teammate. :p

15. Rainbow Warrior

Rainbow Warrior Well-Known Member

I do not think there's a reason someone shoots a friend, but since that does not affect your HP, why do you let it affect your mindset? How will you reverse the tough battles to come and you can not handle a shot that is not capable of harming you?

16. Spongeboat

Spongeboat Well-Known Member

Don't take it too seriously, I do it sometimes just because it's fun shooting people, or because I want to signal a teammate that they're going the wrong way and I want them to regroup.
    Relax people, have some fun.

HELLRAZOR and The Otherguy like this.
  17. Jujujuan

Jujujuan Active Member

Long time playing this shi%.

18. Rez Messing

Ne’er-do-well
    Harassment is harmful - at minimum it’s irritating - I’m trying to get ready for the battle and some jackdonkey is shooting me from behind. It also feels a tad disrespectful. Some of the time I know it’s because I killed that person in a previous battle :) but not always.

19. The Afenogaster

The Afenogaster Well-Known Member

Bbay player / free time artist.
    They always fail when trying to hit me! Because I blast with my nitro away to scout at the beginning of the battle sometimes but in the first match I just warm up my blast cannons. When there is a guy wandering off I shoot him while I say together or if there is a friend or guildmare we both shoot at each other, Stuns or torps I just launch them forward but cannons? They can’t reach the invisible unfreinds till they are close so I just entertain myself a bit or show my intentions to teammates. In my secondary account I shoot my two carronade just to the water because I love how fast their cool down is.

Shadow Moon! likes this.
  20. Rango8

Rango8 Well-Known Member

I aim for friendly speeders just to see if I got skillz or aim for friends to mess with them. But I use my standard cannon which has a short reload time anyway.