1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Frost nerf

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Candido, 22 Jan 2018.

1. Candido

Candido Member

Croupier
    I dont see that the top players are affected by the frost nerf..??or am i mistaken?

2. ViscountSniffit

ViscountSniffit Well-Known Member

@YSL was one of the most famous frost users, for ages, but now she seems to have stopped using it, which is telling.

It’s kind of hard for frost to affect anyone, when no one uses it anymore...

Ian and The Otherguy like this.
  3. A55A51N

A55A51N Well-Known Member

Student
    I know 2 speeders that still use frost torp, and the other one’s main weapon is a t5 epic mine so compared to what it was before nerf it’s quite clear.

4. Ian

Ian Well-Known Member

Student
    I've used torpedoes ever since mk4, and at mk5 I started using frost to go along with them. After tons of battles I fell in love with the combo even before frost was buffed/talents were fixed and it was "OP". After the nerf, I tried using the combo but it just wasn't the same. I may as well have just ditched the frost and used only torpedoes as over 60% of my frost torp attempts would be thrown off by teammates shooting or mortars landing. It isn't always their fault either, some situations the mortar shell or bullet is already flying at the guy even before you frost, so a lot of the time it is unavoidable. Even after 5k battles using the combo, and falling in love with its uniqueness and risky playstyle, I've been forced to switch off of the combo because its no longer fun; it isn't worth it anymore to try and 1v1 players or infiltrate fixers, you'll just end up dead with little to no reward.

If frost was buffed in the slightest, and the combo became fun again / even slightly viable, I would switch back to it in a heartbeat. But as of now, I am left using the boring explosive cannon + flare combo which is currently the meta, and I believe was always the meta.

A55A51N likes this.
  5. wtfack

wtfack Active Member

frost rip
    non-useful

6. Gnu

Gnu Well-Known Member

Games
    After looking at the frost nerf, it was seemingly surprising most torp speeder players were too relient on the slow affect of the frost to land their torpedos. Now it's useless i think they need to reconsider buffing it again

(Like the profile picture? Still Dwayne Johnson)

7. A55A51N

A55A51N Well-Known Member

Student
    Please. Most people used frost only because of extra damage, not the aim. The easy target was just bonus. But now you don’t hit targets before they get unfrosted, and don’t get as much damage if you even manage to hit. If the one hit removing bullsh*t would be changed, people would star using frost again

Ian likes this.
  8. Candido

Candido Member

Croupier
    Im trying new things..not going with the meta..there is potential somewhere..just need to find it

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  9. Ian

Ian Well-Known Member

Student
    Nice profile lol.
    Also, no, this wasn't quite the reason. The frost getting broken after 1 hit was by far the biggest nerf, and I've played over 500 battles post patch to experience it. I only had a t3 rare frost, so the slowing effect, while noticeable, wasn't the biggest issue.

10. HARPO!

HARPO! Well-Known Member

I’m a Performer! Television and Stage!
    Frost is now as pathetic as the stun from the Tesla bolt. Some idiot is gonna shoot it off and waste it’s affect. As soon as the nerf came out, I got rid of mine, and epic.

11. *Rubber Duck*

*Rubber Duck* Well-Known Member

I used frost torp from my begining to end, it has ended due to this nerf, i dont like playing flare cannon combo, i spent ALOT of money on my frost torp combo anf quit once they nerfed it as hard as they did. Find it hard to belive u can spend so much money towards a company just to have something made so usless after a nerf. I even complained directly to devs and rovio but we have still yet to see it changed back. Did the combo need a nerf? Sure but it shouldnt have goten the break on damage nerf. Thanks devs

A55A51N likes this.