1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Scrapping For Parts - Query

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Scourge Argaen, 22 Jan 2018.

1. Scourge Argaen

Scourge Argaen Well-Known Member

I was thinking about this the other day and I'm confused by the number of parts being yielded from scrapping items.

Common, uncommon and epic items suggest between about 46-56 each. However the rare items offer about 133.

Is there a reason for the big discrepancy?

2. Snapshot

Snapshot Well-Known Member

Just a wild guess but maybe it has to do with the frequency of getting these things? My experience is only lower level but I know I have a much more pressing need for blue parts than purple. It's going to be a long time before purple parts become an issue because I'd need to get 5 of any desired item to even start worrying about it. In the mean time, it's all about blue.

That, of course, may be totally different at higher infamies.

3. Scourge Argaen

I'm currently at 3600+ with captain level 35 but still having to level up my rares as I don't have epics to spare for now and find the parts a wee bit expensive to buy.

I'v found more recently that I'm hard pressed for the uncommon pieces more than the rare with upgrades consuming towards 800 at the moment. I'm having to buy the stacks from the shops when available to keep the upgrades going as scrapping doesn't yield anywhere near enough.

4. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

Scrapping never actually yield enough to level up so I regularly need to supplement common, uncommon, and rare parts from the market... more rare purchases than the other two, perhaps because of the free and star crates we get.

Scourge Argaen likes this.
  5. Scourge Argaen

It's fair to say that's true for everyone that you need to buy more parts. Good shout on the other crates, handn't thought about that.

6. Sh@rp shooter

Sh@rp shooter Active Member

U must be a speeder right?

7. Snapshot

Snapshot Well-Known Member

This might be a lowbie thing but I buy every blue part. I never have enough... ever. I can only assume that sooner or later it'll be the same thing but with the epic parts.

Scourge Argaen likes this.
  8. Scourge Argaen

Fixer