1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Noob to Noob: You thought napalm was a useless weapon? You're right! (but there's more to know)

Discussion in 'Strategy Discussion' started by Snapshot, 23 Jan 2018.

1. Snapshot

Snapshot Well-Known Member

My Noob to Noob series is just as it says.... one Noob talking about the things he's learned hoping to help other Noobs. A large part of my reason for this is that many of the things I read here on the board turned out be relevant to the 3000k+ crowd and completely different in the <1000 infamy area. So read on and learn the quite probably incorrect lessons I've learned.
    --------------------------

In this installment of the ever-popular Noob to Noob series I want to discuss Napalm. For the longest time I thought napalm was a useless weapon... and it is. What it took someone from these boards to point out was that it's not really a weapon. Generically napalm is in the class of "crowd control". You use it to move the enemy team around the map not to damage them. On open maps, of course, that is going to be problematic. But just take a look at what I did with napalm in Chill Zone. A few notes up front:

• Watch how I use the napalm and the tunnels. The opening was just plain luck that the enemy team had gone around and I was in the perfect position to capitalize on that. After that it was all on purpose. Also pay attention to how I use my own juicy little fixer as a lure to bring the unfriends where I want them to go (back into the tunnels).
    • This is only my 3rd try at Napalm. An awful lot went right here but I have no doubts there is room for improvement.
    • Speaking of "an awful lot went right", pay attention to the little M2 captain who shows up near the beginning. He's a large part of what went right in this match. That guy rocks.
    • That all being said, I'm pretty much willing to say that it was the napalm which owned this battle from beginning to end. It penned up the unfriends in the tunnel o' doom. It split them up later. It generally messed with any team strategy they might have had.
    • The napalm in question here is only U-20. It barely hurts. But people sure do have a strong reaction to not standing in the fire.
    I'm on my M3 fixer in this battle because I think napalm goes extraordinarily well with a fixer. It doesn't require much attention but it does require you to be aware of the combat space so you can control it. Conveniently, a fixer also needs to be aware of the combat area to fix. So without further ado... Herding friends and unfriends with napalm (and my boat) :)

For more in my Noob to Noob series, see the thread: Noob to Noob: A compendium of dubious knowledge

Blueee and _devill like this.
  2. NoTzHoNg

NoTzHoNg Active Member

Battle Bay Player
    Do you own snapple? It's a drink company btw

3. Nam_Nam

Nam_Nam Active Member

Weeze (the best fixer) runs Napalm+Blast cannon.

Just a few tips. (take them with a grain of salt)
    Always keep a slight distance from friends, so torps don't ravage the whole group
    Use your overboost more-in the beginning, you don't activate it. You have the option of staying still!
    Be careful when baiting- you never know when a fast shooter starts chasing you!

4. a_creeper_won

a_creeper_won Well-Known Member

Basement dweller
    Where did THAT come from?

5. nosesabe

nosesabe Well-Known Member

Nicely done. Napalm is one of the weapons than can deal more damage in the game. The problem is that its use depends on the situation, and most of the times is not that useful...

It’s the same as blast cannon vs snipper canon, BC deals way more damage, but SC is more accurate and so, in the end, SC may be even better.