1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Will Tesla Bolt nerf affect top 50?

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by xxxBISMARCKxxx, 20 Jan 2018.

1. xxxBISMARCKxxx

xxxBISMARCKxxx Well-Known Member

Would a Tesla Bolt nerf affect speeder dominance of top rankings, or would they still rule the Bay?

Just curious since it sounds like there's some changes inc. Tell me your opinion!

2. A55A51N

A55A51N Well-Known Member

Student
    Not dramatically, but maybe in the long run speeders wouldn’t be so good. But tesla bolt is already balanced, it’s not the way to balance speeders

3. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

Imho (bracing for salt) speeder needs a COMPLETE makeover. It no longer fits it's role as a fast ship at mk6, becoming a fast ship+juggernaut+crowd control class ship. I don't know about you guys, but the kind of weapon combos that exist in this game not just empower speeders, they make them highly dangerous boats to the point that the speeder is unnatural no matter how I think about it. At mk6, the ability to wield a bandage with the incendiary combo and tesla shield, makes a good opening damn near impossible to come by in case of skilled speeders.

Unfortunately, the main problem here is that most other classes assume speeders to be a literal godlike class of ship. That may be slightly true. However, the skill ceiling is high and it is an unforgiving ship to play as well.

A tesla bolt nerf, while in my opinion being well deserved, will need a complete rebalance across rarities. I do believe that any stun beyond 13 seconds is an excess. But that's coming from me as an Ace 3-2 player. My perspective on this may change as well. Since the OP didn't specify a nerf, I'd say that capping all stuns to 13 seconds, while killing most people who spent lotsa cash on legendaries, would do it. Not that it's the best idea, or even a good idea for that matter. However, making it a twoslot will hit mk5s hard, and I think(believe) that tesla equipment deserves it's own slot. Make it so that the tesbolt and tesshield becomes an altogether different category of item(orange maybe?) And this will ensure that people use only one of them(mk4 speeder and mk5 speeder will have one slot point, one slot, while mk6 will have one slotpoint, two slots, i agree this needs modification, but bear in mind this is an example).

Whew. Well, that's my opinion on the matter. Feel free to comment, my details are sketchy.

4. Babablacksheep

Babablacksheep Well-Known Member

Bandage nerf will affect shooter and speeder And frankly they will have to look for varierty like std shield,Lube or rudder which is good considering how underused they are...a good epic T5 Bandage heals +1.5k HP if a boat manages to survive a minute...

5. xxxBISMARCKxxx

It sounds like what you're saying is that the best speeders are good players, not just derps with an OP build, but that the build allows them to leverage their skill more than other ships.

6. Kraptastic

Kraptastic Active Member

Sales
    I'm all for nerfing speeders (only because I'm horrible at playing them), but continuing to nerf yellow items has become a problem for me. So far, every yellow item I have used on my Enforcer has become nerfed, and not in a small way. Why not nerf shields? That would effect speeder dominance, and everybody else's.

7. xxxBISMARCKxxx

Why not nerf shields, I don't know, it just sounded like there's some inc changes to Bolt specifically which was why I made the thread about Bolt's influence.

8. YerJokinArnYer

YerJokinArnYer MVP

The way to buff or nerf a ship is to change its speed, HP, rudder, slot allocations etc.
    Weapon/item nerfs should only be used if that weapon/item is OP by itself.

TTrain and TheAntiSnipe like this.
  9. TheAntiSnipe

Well, I guess you could say that. See, what I think is, BB is a game that values positioning, speed, the ability to dodge, and good aim. The speeder GIVES you speed and the ability to dodge as the basics. You only have to cultivate the rest.

Fact is, speeder is unforgiving to learn, but almost too rewarding to master.

xxxBISMARCKxxx likes this.
  10. Zachiderp

Zachiderp Well-Known Member

all ships should get a speed buff. Then they'd be able to keep up with speeder and could swap out their turbo for lube to keep their sights on them as well. Speeder could also drop turbo in favor of rudder to assist in escaping and even aiming. Win Win for everyone

11. xxxBISMARCKxxx

Yeah you might be right, with an optimized build. But if you are right, I don't think what you proposed above, where you mentioned 13 sec max on Bolt, will change things that much for the optimized build. Yeah it would present more actual danger to the speeder at certain times but in many situations it would create nothing more than an inconvenience for the speeder just slowing down their rotation somewhat. Now if they changed the mechanics in some way or made it two slots or something, it might be meaningful but who knows what they will do.

Last edited: 22 Jan 2018
    TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  12. Stelmo

Stelmo Well-Known Member

Try playing a f2p speeder against a turret boosted max shooter.

ThatOnion, _devill and Disguised like this.
  13. TheAntiSnipe

Making it twoslot, as I mentioned before, will create a problem at mk5. What do you think about my "orange slot" idea?

14. TheAntiSnipe

See, that's another problem. From a F2P perspective, speeders are balanced. Reason being, F2P speeders in NM are pretty strong, but not ridiculously OP(yet). But when the said speeders acquire those ridiculous 15+ second stuns and titanic tesla shields, speeder becomes truly OP. Unfortunately, a speeder nerf affects both F2P and P2P.

Considering that a F2P nightmare speeder has to survive taking a hit from AM's excannon, taking away the tesshield will effectively kill the F2P Nightmare speeder.

15. xxxBISMARCKxxx

I don't like to think about it because from that point it's next stop, complete rework of BB and I don't think that will happen so it's kind of like a pipe dream or bong hit dream if you will... "hey what we really need to do is change everything!" I think that some core changes could actually be really good but I don't think about them much because it's a waste of time imo, no offense intended.

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  16. Stelmo

Stelmo Well-Known Member

I don't have even 1 epic ts yet. After 2 years ish..

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  17. Disguised

Disguised Well-Known Member

It's called f2p RNG.

18. TheAntiSnipe

My point exactly. People go, "OMG nerf!" looking at all the P2P players, which might be ok if not for the poor F2Ps.
    I DO agree here, no offence taken. However, I don't see another way of stopping the "immortal" meta that doesn't effectively crush damn near every mk6 F2P. Open to suggestions as always;)

19. The Afenogaster

The Afenogaster Well-Known Member

Bbay player / free time artist.
    Dont you ever change my Tesla boat slots... I will kill everyone who doesn't leave space on my mk5 for a T bolt ;) nahh but it's fine as it is, maybe the cool down is a bit low? That's my opinion, Tesla bolt having more cool down will make speeder 1vs1s more of a damage battle and not a stun battle

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  20. xxxBISMARCKxxx

I don't know, not a big speeder player. Didn't start it as a suggestion thread. There are a ton of changes that could or might be done, tbh I am rooting for some other ship/build to be OP for awhile but for now I'm just curious what the Bolt changes might be.

TheAntiSnipe likes this.