1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Mk1 vs Mk5s ???

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by Rez Messing, 16 Jan 2018.

1. Ian

Ian Well-Known Member

Student
    whooooops. Edited original post a bit lol pretty sure I threw everyone into confusion

Last edited: 16 Jan 2018
    Rez Messing likes this.
  2. Rez Messing

Rez Messing Active Member

Ne’er-do-well
    It’s all good. No harm done.

3. Sh@rp shooter

Sh@rp shooter Active Member

Can any mvp or developer provide us with this stats about number of mk5 above 2k infamy and below 1k infamy plz @Miika @Pinecone @Bennunator @Zeus anyone

4. Help I Cant Swim

Help I Cant Swim MVP

Battle Bay doesn't have any data. At all. We've been trying for months.

5. nikeej

nikeej Active Member

+1

6. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

You know, some shooters rush mk5. And weapons matter a lot to shooters. The meta shifts as leagues change as well, changing from a quick style of play to one that involves snipers more. It's tough to adjust for a shooter. It's sometimes not skill, but gear.

7. Rez Messing

Rez Messing Active Member

Ne’er-do-well
    Still, it is interesting to see people complaining about people complaining. Humans, you are so peculiar. :)

Ian likes this.
  8. FDR's Think Tank

FDR's Think Tank New Member

Having joined the game and played a huge amount in the past two days.... I am still under level 10 and have a reputation of 600 or something. I have mark one boats, but haven't seen another mark one since the first day. Either my experience rate should be increased, or something. I die in one shot constantly now, even running Defender. I suppose it makes a bigger difference up top, but I must content myself to dropping mines and avoiding confrontation. Or die a bunch and drop rank.. which seems cheesy. Tough to get more than 9k gold a match right now... Woof.

Last edited: 17 Jan 2018
    Ian likes this.
  9. Snapshot

Snapshot Well-Known Member

Yup. That's the joy of the new matchmaking system which doesn't really factor in a gear score, just infamy. In the eyes of the devs, that's no problem because he's obviously good LOL. My personal favorite is when they stack 4 M5's on the other team and my team is all M4's. Obviously they did it based on infamy but just as clearly they could've balanced the teams properly had they chosen.

10. Snapshot

Snapshot Well-Known Member

And here's what you have to look forward to. Wait till you're a M2 and the system floats you up on a bubble until 1200+. Now the ONLY boats you see are M5's. You were already punching above your weight (well above) and you then you caught a lucky wave of good teams and now you'd better maintain that performance. If you drop more than 800 infamy you are severely punished. Basically the system doesn't perform well if you're an over-achiever and you get punished for it.

That's why I started "managing my infamy" which is commonly called "tanking" (dying a lot). It is cheesy as hell but I found it absolutely mandatory. The other alternative was simply abandoning the game. I'm facing the same thing right now debating if I want to push into Master league or not. Unlike you, though, one might possibly consider my M4 at the bottom end of appropriate for that league. Be warned. Tanking is considered a serious offense and is bannable.

11. FDR's Think Tank

Infamy caps perhaps, per level? That might sort this nonsense out. Honestly, there is not much getting a grip at the game. I either play a bad fixer who hides possibly to no use... Or a speeder who drops mines all over and hopes for a kill after he dies. The only reason to play other boats is for clan goals... Which I just chip away lightly.

12. YerJokinArnYer

YerJokinArnYer MVP

But I have seen it the other way around and saw two mk 5 ships, with infamy of about 300 and 500 who were fleeting together, pitched into a battle of ships of around 3000 infamy. These ships and their weapons were not underpowered for the 3k level (all lvl 4 rare or better).
    Thankfully my team beat them, but it wasn’t a walkover. If I remember correctly, they lost because of poor tactics, which would make sense if they normally play against inexperienced captains.
    At the end of the battle I looked at their guild, and just about everyone in their guild was the same (very low infamy, with very good weapons). It made me wonder whether they had a strategy to keep guild infamy low.
    Edit - your post has made me look back in my battle log and report them. Actually one was a mk 6 shooter with about 200 infamy, and a level 41 captain.

Last edited: 18 Jan 2018
  13. FDR's Think Tank

So infamy maximums and minimums. It means at challanger league, more people might tie for first slot... But does that matter? I am second in my league w/ 600.. the next guy is already at 800. Below me, only a couple actually broke 200. With a minimum infamy for your level, Rovio can spend less time policing players for questionable play practice that is considered necessary by some.

It would be a shame to lose access to maps, but I would prefer that to getting roundly trounced. And maybe Rovio could make a few lower leagues to deal with the new separation.

Sadly, people with good gear and terrible instincts will suffer... but without struggle, there is no growth, no advancement. I fail to see what they learn, one shotting me, other than "don't run into mines"

However, this would make custom battles more important. Now the predatory rank droppers could only lure minnows like myself into battles by asking nicely... And consent is King. Perhaps infamy limits kills a flock of birds with a two gauge solution.
    Edit:
    Also a possible solution to some woes: what if you could control your level? Below appropriate levels, upgraded boats and weapons would drop to the necessary mk. And you pick out the perks you want to use. Then it wouldn't be so atrocious when facing shady vets. Purple and yellow gear could be a pain, but there could be a rarity lock? This would all be a custom battle feature, of course...

14. HELLRAZOR

HELLRAZOR Well-Known Member

One of the problems with gaining infamy is either, getting matched up with bad players, weapon strength meaning that your still waiting for the same items to fuse & fighting against higher tier ships. The players stats show kills, but the scoring system works on damage given & ranking works with infamy ? Why doesn't match making work with tier level & damage given, it would work better with fair game play.

FDR's Think Tank likes this.
  15. FDR's Think Tank

What if base infamy won or lost was less, but affected on battle achievements. The more achievements in an battle, the more positive your infamy gain? Add more "negative" achievements like "I heart Torps" and "popular" to make dropping infamy difficult when you have powerful ships. This makes sense, since real world infamy is based on achievements.
    Edit:
    Having dropped about 250 points in rank while Guild Goal chasing, I am more comfortable at about 450. I fear a few good rounds will put me back in the dangerzone rapidly, though.