1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Gamepad compatibility

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by FDR's Think Tank, 18 Jan 2018.

1. FDR's Think Tank

FDR's Think Tank New Member

It would be nice if Rovio added gamepad detection and compatibility. I have a Moto Z and prefer not to touch the screen unless necessary... At a quality of life issue, this seems straight forward. Don't forget to remove screen controls when the gamepad is detected! A less visually noisy, widescreen experience is what it's all about. Of course, you could replace the touch screen controls with nautical meters and gauges if it looks too quiet. A speedometer and a compass, perhaps? Nah, now I am just being greedy.

2. Ash KOT

Ash KOT MVP

FDR's Think Tank likes this.
  3. FDR's Think Tank

Thank you. I don't have to like it... But I understand.

Ash KOT likes this.
  4. CaffeinatedChris

CaffeinatedChris MVP

I've seen this requested a few times now; perhaps I'll try making an overlay using something like Tincore for Android to see if it's even possible.

If it is, I can share it as a completely "YMMV, use at your own infamy-risk" overlay. But personally I think there's too many different inputs needed to work effectively on a gamepad.

FDR's Think Tank and Ash KOT like this.
  5. FDR's Think Tank

Weapon/item select could be done with the screen if necessary. All you really need for the gamepad is movement, aiming, and trigger. I am still level 9, so I am more than willing to risk my grossly inflated infamy.