1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

More rewards for holding capture point

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Padres, 15 Jan 2018.

1. Padres

Padres Member

Larping
    no one really cares about the capture points plus they are kind of a death trap for a team. I think there needs to be a change either 1) on the duration of staying in the capture point shorter. Or 2) give out more points for people that stay in the capture point. It just seems pointless to me. Yes I know you can draw a player out or a team towards you but in the long run they don’t really matter. Oh or 3) Even make the capture point bigger or add some kind of buff like extra shield points or fire power as long as you are in the capture point.

Sifa likes this.
  2. Sifa

Sifa Well-Known Member

Good suggestions there, I also agree that capturing should be "buffed" greatly. Currently it's nearly impossible to get a capture win unless you get really really lucky and that's why hardly anyone ever tries it seriously.

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  3. Padres

Padres Member

Larping
    Mhm thank you and with changing up the capture point it will allow for players to do more and get more involved with the objective.
    I hate it when a speeder has no hp left so they just hide forever and get a shot off and if they hit you then they hide for the rest of the game.

4. _devill

_devill Well-Known Member

Making the duration shorter will not be a good thing. What if the other team has 2 or 3 speeders and you have 0? Adding 3 people to capture reduce the time greatly. Reducing it further will be a pain on maps like chill zone.

That would be as unfair as giving a floater 3 stars just for being in the game. Capturing can not be done without the team effort. I play a speeder and whenever my team asks me to capture I rush and leave them to bear the brunt of unfriends attack. I hate doing nothing in a capture while my team mates are getting picked off one by one. But whatever gets you a win works for everyone.

I don't know what making the capture point bigger will accomplish. You can capture with Max 3 players anyways. Any more are useless on the capture point as they don't add anything except act as blockers for enemy shots trying to break the capture. But I definitely like the idea of some buff like first shots won't break capture.

5. Padres

Padres Member

Larping
    Idk how to cut up the quotes yet lol but for making the capture point bigger would allow the person that is capturing to dodge more shots and it would be harder to hit the player capturing.

Also if one player is capturing it still takes forever so the other team still pays no attention to that one person capturing but a shorter capture time will force a team to push out and not camp in spawn area. Also I mean when it gets down to a 1v1 the capture time is forever and plays no factor because a speeder with no hp will just hit and run one time then hide the rest of the time.

In chill zone a team can just launch mortars over the ice it’s easy to stop the capture and it’ll make that team push out.

6. Padres

Padres Member

Larping
    Even when you win a game by capturing you don’t really get any bonus you still get a low amount of rewards which I think you should get even more rewards if you won a battle off capturing because statistically very little amount of battles are won by capturing which in turn if you do win in that fashion you should be rewarded.

I’ve been in battles where my whole team dies and I’m like 1v3 but we win because I captured yet because I didn’t do damage I get the lowest amount of rewards. I understand that maybe if I was helping do damage we would of won but still it just shows how useless the capture point is.

7. _devill

Just select the text. A reply button will show up. At least that's how it works on my phone. :p

Fair point. More capture area will be a good to have but will it effect the overall game play style? Idk if capturing is easier then more and more players will go for capture. It will be boring fighting over a green blob on the map.:D

It works as a good distraction but at the same time if you ignore that one person on capture point, rest assured there will be one more joining up to speed up the process. Usually waiting for capture for too long is bad. The remaining amount could be cut in half in terms of time if another players joins capture. Worst case scenario, you won't make it in time cos the remaining players on unfriends won't budge and you have to take them out. Best case scenario, take out the 3 remaining players quick and the game is partly won, a plausible situation but not always feasible.

For 1v1 against a speeder, the chances of anyone but a speeder coming out on top are low. In general going against speeders is tough. And they will stop at nothing to hold the capture. Reducing the time will be of no consequence. Take any map and figure out how much time it will take a speeder to get from one end to another. Capturing usually takes 100 sec with a single player and the time is cut in half up to 2 more times if more players join.
    This is a team game so imo devs made it really hard to get the capture with a single boat or else speeders would win the game even before the other team has made it near the capture point considering they have no speeders.

8. _devill

True. You don't get any special bonus for capturing. If a team wins by capturing the rewards should be better as it takes a lot of effort, more than the usual confrontation. Also considering the odds that one team is putting itself at disadvantage by removing players from the game by sending them to capture it's a really good display of team effort.

This is a good idea. Capturing earning more rewards will push teams to work together. Definitely worth considering. :)

9. Rainbow Warrior

Rainbow Warrior Well-Known Member

Winning by capture is usually boring :D

The Otherguy likes this.
  10. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

Great suggestions. Right now it's possible to win a match with capture, be responsible for that win, and receive less rewards than if you tanked and lost the match.

vis1234567899 likes this.
  11. vis1234567899

vis1234567899 Well-Known Member

Lol I love the being the speeder on less than 100hp who takes a lucky shot then hides so the match eventually ends in a draw.With 100hp there is nothing else I can do.

Last edited: 15 Jan 2018
    Rainbow Warrior, Rated R and Padres like this.
  12. Snapshot

Snapshot Well-Known Member

I suspect capture zones are intended to be an additional strategic element that requires attention not a primary source of winning. I don't particularly want to add incentive to yet more passivity in this game. If it was even remotely rewarding, I'm guessing that TONS of players would be floating in the green circle collecting whatever scraps of points they can before the team loses. Battle Bay captains prefer low intensity, low attention strategies (hence the mortar/torp thing).

LimeOnMars, Neu, Padres and 1 other person like this.
  13. envylife

Passivity? How about eliminating the torp spam at the beginning of every match, which turns into mortar spam before any real battle begins? Capture area is far more strategic than all of that garbage play.

Snapshot likes this.
  14. Padres

Padres Member

Larping
    Ok I see what you're saying. When 5v5s come into like a guild rivalry people will start to play with strategies and then the green zone will come into play better.

Well that gave me a new idea for BB which they should be thinking themselves I think but BB should have 5v5 rivalry tourney battles sooner or later. That would improve the gameplay by a significant amount.

15. Padres

Padres Member

Larping
    No that would ruin the game are you serious? Think about it in a battle you would fire off all the shots you can get even if you can't see them. If you can't see them without seeing names or radar then get better at the game.

16. Snapshot

... my fondest dream. I cringe every time Destruct 9 comes up (which seems to be every cursed time for me). I typically time about 1:30 before any damage is done unless I... uh... help things along. I don't know what Rovio was thinking giving each team a little starting line. Obviously, nobody is every going to cross it.

17. envylife

One of the issues with Destruct 9 is that it's too small to engage except center, but too big such that mortars don't reach each side, and because of that everyone spends the first minute blindly firing torps, which is more pointless than other maps because it has a torp protection wall (the starting line).

Snapshot likes this.
  18. Snapshot

I actually suspect it's more psychological and the starting lines work in conjunction with the wide open area. It's a place to be simply because something is there and all that water is so scary. There might be UNFRIENDS over there!
    [​IMG]

LimeOnMars likes this.
  19. ViscountSniffit

ViscountSniffit Well-Known Member

I think capturing is actually okay how it is. The main difficulty is that teams don’t coordinate properly. If you can get all of your team on the capture zone, defending it, then it can be very difficult to stop, and puts a lot of pressure on the unfriends.

I’ve started to feel that teams should ‘always’ go for the capture zone, and try to camp it together while they fight.

If your team has been doing that all game, then it’s much easier to finish it off at the end, when there are fewer boats left.