1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Improve guild quest contribution

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by Elothean, 27 Dec 2017.

?

improve quest contribution

1. yes

25 vote(s)
    96.2%
  2. no

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. i don’t have a guild

1 vote(s)
    3.8%
  1. Elothean

Elothean Active Member

We’ve noticed that the contribution points for the guild quests are skewed towards the early boards. It means if you complete an entire quest for board 1, you will have the same contribution when you complete a quest from board 5 all by yourself. This may be a minor thing but it is very important to the guild’s decision makers who to keep and who to let go, especially in a guild with lots of requests to join. Please just base the contribution to the actual number of damage or wins for all the board rather than quest completed. Your 10 kills in board 1 should have the same contribution as your 10 kills in board 5.

Last edited: 27 Dec 2017
    FearsomeChicken and GigaBeard like this.
  2. Elothean

Elothean Active Member

more votes?

3. craz¥burd

craz¥burd Well-Known Member

Totally agree....we’re having this debate within our guild.
    We’ve been using cups/trophies to measure who has been active/inactive and contributed within our guild...but this season was the first time I was able to contribute to board one and two instead of thre four and five, and I am top contributor in my guild, but for far less effort. It’s not a fair measure...and difficult to know how to ensure you’re kicking the right people for the right reasons....

4. Elothean

Elothean Active Member

I hope they'll do something about this

5. Wainwright

Wainwright Member

An easy way to fix it would be to multiple the trophies by the board number (1X 2X etc) to get a better idea of the members activity

Elothean and craz¥burd like this.
  6. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

We've offered multiple threads on this completely broken Trophy calculation. Here's how it works now

Easy board: 1X effort, 1000 trophies available per quest.
    Medium: 8X effort, 1000 trophies per quest.
    Hard: 64X effort, 1000 trophies per quest.
    ...etc.

We can have a guild member complete a bunch of easy quests in a couple hours, take the rest of the week off, and still have more trophies than the others who spend 6 extra days grinding.
    It's ludicrous, and to add insult to injury guild leaders are known to kick people on this completely flawed calculation.
    Either fix this or remove it from the game entirely.

Seriously. Don't delay.
    Devs?

7. Trium

Trium Active Member

Wow, I didn't even know that it works in this way.

This is ridiculous.

But I would also like to have more improvements on Guilds and Rivalry.

For example, the possibility to see players contribution for last 2-4 weeks (some people may be busy or go on vacation).
    Also it would be nice to see info about contribution on the guild list, where you may actually kick people, instead of switching the screens all the time.

8. envylife

In my guild I calculated the difference in overall matches vs trophies acquired, and there is literally no correlation between the two.
    In one case a player accounted for 2.2% of the total guild matches and received 6.5% of overall trophies.
    In another case a player accounted for 10.2% of all guild matches, but only received 3.2% of the trophies.
    I could go on, it's all over the board.

Devs, please fix this or remove trophies entirely.

Mad_Bulls_007 and craz¥burd like this.
  9. Trium

Trium Active Member

Where do you watch "guild matches"?

10. envylife

If you need further evidence... In the first 30 minutes of this rivalry I acquired 2x the amount of trophies as I did the entire rivalry prior where I put in over 200 matches over 7 days. In that rivalry I started on the hard board. Again, the problem is that bad, and really deserves an immediate patch.

I do it manually, and it's a pain. The trophies system is that bad, and that misleading. I've used it to save people in my guild that otherwise would have been kicked due to lack of accurate data, or in this case, completely misleading data.

Trium likes this.
  11. Trium

Trium Active Member

I agree, right now there is no acceptable way to monitor the activeness of your members (furthermore, i even didn't know that current system is such a lame)

The only way is by making screenshoots everyday and then comparing.. which will basicaly take few hours every week.
    I'm not ready for this.

Rovio, we need fix ASAP.
    Also it would be great to create auto filter, which would kick people, whose 2 week contribtuion is below the set value :)

PastelPiku likes this.
  12. Help I Cant Swim

Help I Cant Swim MVP

https://forum.battlebay.net/threads...ht-the-guild-quest-trophies.13853/#post-74572

Posted about this a looooooooooooooooooooooong time ago. Still nothing.

13. enotSenO

enotSenO Active Member

Rovio created guild system and de-values it by not yet fixing the contribution points. Why does it take so long?

14. Help I Cant Swim

Help I Cant Swim MVP

They've already stated that they have heard our requests. Honestly, it would be nice, but there's much bigger fish for them to fry. If it is not in the next update (soon), then I'm sure they'll get to it.

15. GigaBeard

GigaBeard Member

Agreed, this needs fixing.

Also, having a longer history available to guild leaders on each member's contributions would aid in making informed and fair decisions on who to keep/remove from the guild.

16. envylife

Rovio works like a giant corporation... seemingly too much red tape to make a single tweak to the software, they would rather throw a bunch of stuff in a release every few months and hope it works out.

17. PastelPiku

PastelPiku Well-Known Member

Security
    Was this fixed in the previous update?

18. Help I Cant Swim

Help I Cant Swim MVP

19. PastelPiku

PastelPiku Well-Known Member

Security
  20. Elothean

Elothean Active Member

I think this is a resolved issue, thanks for the discussions!

PastelPiku likes this.