1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Star calculation hello???

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Cpt. Dong, 14 Jan 2018.

Tags:
  1. Cpt. Dong

Cpt. Dong Member

I have highest damage and 3kills yet my team mate gets more stars than me lmao

Attached Files:

2. Scourge Argaen

Scourge Argaen Well-Known Member

It's the contribution that has put him ahead. His Flare Gun, Grenade Launcher and Fire Bomb leave fire DoTs which can boost the damage of team members which counts towards contribution thus more stars.

You don't have anything in your arsenal that will give you that same kind of contribution. In my experience actual kills don't count for much.

3. Cpt. Dong

Cpt. Dong Member

I see, thanks.

4. Snapshot

Snapshot Well-Known Member

I agree. My boat is setup for precision damage. As you'd expect, I frequently get the kills but it's the mortar guys who mostly get the big damage numbers. I'm mostly content with that since I see it as a team work thing... they soften them up and I kill. I just wish it didn't facilitate the mortar boats who hang by the side lobbing mortars occasionally until the battle is done and then they collect whatever additional damage they can before they die too.

The Otherguy and Scourge Argaen like this.
  5. learner008

learner008 New Member

I think the stars do not depend 100% on the damage you get but also on how many ships you damaged during the battle which represent also the teamwork
    I use speeder so it's kinda hard to get three star on the battle cause I focus on one ship after another, but for those who use mortar or fire bomb especially shooter, it's kinda easy for them cause those weapons have a whole area to hit which means they have more chance to hit 2 to 5 ships at the same time, and yes they get even more damage, but for yellow ships if you get three stars on a battle that's means you did atleast 70% of the work while your teammate where just turning around lol
    I say that cause when I get three star on a battle means I did the whole work without my help the whole team would be down lol
    And for fixer of course it's depend on how he healed, how many teammates he healed, those few damage he\she get help him\her too tho and so so ...
    Now you know how to deal with you shooter if you want more stars ...

Well, that's what I think cause I kept wondering why too, after switching some weapons and ships, I came up with this logic ...
    Hope it's help you understand

And if you find another explanation please tell me ...

The Otherguy likes this.
  6. Ash KOT

Ash KOT MVP

Its not the number of ships you shoot :)
    Its hidden contribution, like number of stuns (tesla bolt)and number of times you froze enemies.
    A bigger factor is the burn stat, which can be triggered with flare gun, grenade launcher and fire bomb.
    Whilst an enemy is "burning" cannons will do bonus damage (with the right perks / skills) so if you were the one that caused the burn, this greatly boosts your contribution and therefore more stars.

7. learner008

learner008 New Member

Yeah, you got a point with that, it is and explain much why those who use fire bomb get more stars and the contribution for the team (Teamwork) ...

But my logic is still not false, cause not In all battle players use fire bomb, flare gun, But mortars they are always there and most of the time they are the ones who get more stars ...

8. Ash KOT

Ash KOT MVP

Maybe they are a yellow boat and its not the mortars but their stuns / frosts?
    You definitely do not get any contribution modifiers for number of boats hit, number of ships sunk, or using a mortar.

9. learner008

learner008 New Member

Lol, I am not saying that you just have to hit a boat, and sinking a boat has a less contribution than others,
    1. Fire bomb, flare gun cause they give bonus damage for your teammate and for yourself ... (you said that)
    2. Stun, frost , frost launcher for yellow ship, slow down your enemy which give bonus damage to your teammates too especially for torpedo users .. (you said that )
    3.damage you get on a battle helps too and for those you don't use any of those weapon, more damage you get means more ship you damaged (does not mean that you destroyed them), I see that as a contribution for your team, why not get three star cause I've already saw that ...

Well, I guess I understand your point, do you understand mine ?

The Otherguy likes this.
  10. Ash KOT

Ash KOT MVP

Yes damage is the most important factor, and if there are no stuns / fire contribution then is the only factor, apart from healers obviously have their fixing plus damage :)
    The damage is a single figure, regardless of if you inflicted all the damage on 1 ship, or it was spread across the 5 enemies, it makes no difference.