1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Something bugging me for long time

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Sh@rp shooter, 15 Jan 2018.

1. Sh@rp shooter

Sh@rp shooter Active Member

Hey folks
    Being a non sniper user there is something that is bugging me for long and although some people have given me answers on in game general chat, i would like the devs to answer this so that i can be sure. The problem is that many times i got hit by enemy snipers while i cant see an enemy at all(usually at the start of the game) so i think there is a range beyond which we cant see an enemy or enemy appearing range. For a long period of time i thought it is same for everyone but just recently i got to know from people that it depends upon your weapon that is equipped. Does that mean people having snipers equiped with 40 range can see others who have blast canon with 25 range before they can see them? If thats true then people having torps equipped should be able to see anyone all the way to the starting point since torps have infinite range. @Miika can you please confirm on this.

2. Rivet

Rivet Active Member

I may not be @Miika But the answer, I am fairly confident, is no. Either they are getting lucky and hitting you blindly based on you using a weapon and therefore revealing your location indirectly, there is a server issue that allows some players to see other players before they can, or they have one member up close to you guys, allowing them to see you, but not you to see them. Hope this helps :)

3. _devill

_devill Well-Known Member

I don't think it works like that. It's just that every sniper has a base range which can be increase with perks/training.
    First things first, let's say if one of the unfriend is in your line of sight your entire team can see that unfriend location in-game and on the mini map regardless of their location or type of weapon they are using. Same is the case other way around. If you are visible to an unfriend then their entire team can see you too.
    Now comes the point of getting sniped from nowhere. As I said before sniper range can be increased so even though not all players prefer to have more range a significant number do have range above base with the help of range perks or training. It makes the initial sniping easy as you can hit your target from a distance. I guess @Miika said it somewhere before, I don't remember when, that maximum distance at which you can see a ship is 35 points with a clear line of sight and no obstacles between the target and you. I'm not sure so any correction in the number is welcome.
    Sniper base range is higher than the maximum visible range so you can stay back and still get your target as long as someone has got an eye on it. :D

Rahul :) :), Sh@rp shooter and Rivet like this.
  4. Jasper21

Jasper21 Active Member

Normally it’s the speeder (can be any other ships too) who goes out scouting that has seen you and your team, making your team visible to the unfriends, and allowing them to fire at your team. That’s one of the purposes of scouting ;)

5. Rahul :) :)

Rahul :) :) New Member

may be they r using perk which increases the range further more than 40

6. Rivet

Rivet Active Member

Now here's what I
    This, however, doesn't allow them to see any further than usual.

The Otherguy and _devill like this.
  7. Rahul :) :)

Rahul :) :) New Member

oh i thought it may help them

Rivet likes this.
  8. Snapshot

Snapshot Well-Known Member

Sniper user from day 1. The answer is no. Generally about the moment I hit my fire button I'm also hit by the unfriends. I'm pretty sure my sniper cannon shoots farther than I can "see" but hitting something with a lone bullet that you can't even see sounds more like a scene from The Matrix than anything which happens regularly in Battle Bay. The advantages to the sniper are as you see them... fast bullet, low trajectory, potential nasty crit.

TheAntiSnipe and Mr. Chompers like this.
  9. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

You could, if you looked well enough, shoot someone right after they fired a torp, since the launch bloom perfectly pinpoints the position of the user. If you have range perks, and know the enemy spawns, you could be shipped in at that exact moment in time, and in position to shoot. But that's really conditional.

_devill, Rivet and Snapshot like this.
  10. Snapshot

If you have range perks. If you know the spawn locations. If the enemy is in that spawn when the bloom happens. If the enemy is not moving substantially, and if you're lucky as hell. I think we can safely prioritize that pretty far down the list of dev balance tasks :)

I've actually had someone hit me blind like that. My thought was, "Damn! They deserve that." That was roughly 2 trillion times luckier than the random torpedo spray.

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  11. Rivet

Rivet Active Member

This is exactly why I use my Long Ranged Mortar
    ...with range perks :D
    I mean, yeah, I should change it to mortar damage, but the (two, actually) range perk is epic, and I don't have any great mortar damage perks.
    And it's always fun to have a range of 43 and hit people literally across the map :eek:

12. pcRazen

pcRazen Member

I blind shot with sniper.all the time.. all i do is spray and pray or look for a weapon launch. Torpedo is easiest to cacth blind.

When ever i hit blind i always call out yes so team.knows i hit someone... so long as they have sense to know why i am calling yes.

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  13. Snapshot

Yes, except I keep my weapons at peak readiness at all times meaning I have no need of a minute of weapons testing before the match starts. I wasn't firing since i had no targets. That guy who hit me really hit me totally blind. He just flung a bullet over towards our end of the map and hit me. No, I wasn't in the spawn still. I tend to move immediate on game start.

14. Sh@rp shooter

Sh@rp shooter Active Member

Calling yes to let team mates know u hit someone, now that's a long shot lol

Snapshot and TheAntiSnipe like this.