1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Balance Tesla Shield

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by benguin8, 10 Jan 2018.

Tags:
  1. benguin8

benguin8 Well-Known Member

I do not doubt that the high level tesla shields were OP and needed a 5s stun if broken to balance it. However, lower level players are never going to get there to appreciate why it was done. So now I have two options, either not use my shield until it is a high level, or I can suffer having a low hp shield broken every time.

I propose balancing based on tiers. Just add a 1 second stun for each tier.
    T1 = 1s, T2 = 2s, etc. up to T5 having a 5s stun if broken.

Also, I like the 5seconds but the hp could use a slight buff. Epic is more robust but a T5 Rare barely brakes 1k... unless I am missing some training perks later on that will change all of that. Admittedly I have been focusing on duration rather than hp, and I think I should do half and half. Almost every rare weapon does 1k well before T5.

Rant over. Please fix.

2. benguin8

Really, no comments on this one? Must mean either that nobody uses this anymore, or it is not broken and I don't know what I am talking about.

3. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

Yes, the tesla shield is unbalanced in early and mid-game, but people have workarounds nowadays. We just run duration and not HP perks since most people don't waste shots on it.

The Otherguy likes this.
  4. noelips

noelips Member

Ever since it was introduced for the tesla bolt, I always thought that the tesla shield when broken should add a stun resistance to balance out the stun.

LimeOnMars likes this.
  5. benguin8

I have tons of duration perks and training. In lower infamy, people shoot first and ask questions later. A more experienced player might wait out the duration. So my nice duration is not helping me as much as I would like.

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  6. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

I purposely break tesla shields. Not sure why others don't?

7. Disguised

Disguised Well-Known Member

You can carry HP perks on a Tesla Shield? o_O

8. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

Oh, I'm talking about the talent tree build, not ACTUAL perks. Speaking of, I really don't think they exist!

9. Kitterini

Kitterini Well-Known Member

Tesla Shield could absolutely need a look at how well its balanced across rarities. The rare one is borderline useless in Nightmare.

TheAntiSnipe and benguin8 like this.
  10. FDR's Think Tank

FDR's Think Tank New Member

If you make it useless enough, instead of buffing the HP or Duration, you only need to swap who suffers the stun on a Tesla shield break. When people know there is a punishment for not being patient, it drastically alters behavior.

In that way, it might better reflect the intended response to the item. No doubt enforcers would rejoice.