1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Current Shop System, does it suck?

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by D3X, 26 Apr 2017.

?

What do you think of the Current Shop / Item System?

1. Needs work.

93.0%
  2. Good.

7.0%
  1. Helius Maximus

Helius Maximus Active Member

PM
    14.6 k battles, not so much into the game anymore, still only have one T4 epic cannon (one more to T5), one T4 epic big torp (two more to T5), rest of gear is T4 and T5 rares. Not very competitive yet for Nigthmare league, every season is a struggle to stay there, and constantly battling against 5k+ infamy oponents.

I'm staying around mostly doing missions and waiting for the game to get better, at least in the matchmaking part.

The Otherguy likes this.
  2. Miku Da Yo 39

Miku Da Yo 39 Well-Known Member

This is probably the most upvoted poll/thread on the forum. Rovio, we have Hundreds of players telling you that the shop system just doesn't work. Please take notice and improve it so that we do not have a situation similar to "star wars battlefront 2" on our hands. The PLAYERS are what keeps Rovio going, if the community speaks up, Rovio will change. Not only is their reputation on the line, but this entire venture they called "project battle bay" is. If the venture goes bankrupt and the game servers shut down, how much do you guys think the whales are going to sue for? Listen to the community, there are freemium models that work, but Rovio is not one of these.

Earel, Riddlerpaji and The Otherguy like this.
  3. Stelmo

Stelmo Well-Known Member

The only way it'll ever change is if there's a boycott, and that's not gonna happen. Everybody is addicted :)

4. Miku Da Yo 39

Or if the community takes to the media and actually makes headlines damaging Rovio's Reputation. This community is not organized nor large enough nor significant enough for that to happen. Unlike with Battlefront 2, we are out of luck.

The Otherguy likes this.
  5. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

Point is, not all of us fight for the endgame. Personally, I just wanna stay Ace 1 and fight those "unfair" Nightmare matchups. Pixonic is an example here. Those guys have been working on War Robots for three years. No official forum, nothing. Devs don't listen at all to players. They are waaay more guilty of gambling and bad shop management stuff, but the playerbase had just given up and is playing for fun.

Im one of those players. I play for the fun and the challenge, not for the endgame, whenever that may come lol.

The Otherguy and ThatOnion like this.
  6. Stelmo

Stelmo Well-Known Member

It wouldn't be a problem at all for me if the matchmaking wasn't such a disaster.

7. Miku Da Yo 39

If the majority of the community are players like you, soon enough people will realize complaining is futile and either quit or start spending money. If they community like I said was actually a true community that cares about the game enough they would never stand by. That said this is a mobile game and a mobile community with no history arguing with the company that made angry birds.
    If I can just throw a random idea out there, why not open up a merchandise shop in real life and online, you can make revenue there and ease up on the steep IAP model. You can add bonuses in game from merchandise bought. That way my purchases have substance and I don't feel so bad blowing hundreds on a virtual gambling machine.

8. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

...okay. And what about all the people who spent cash on the game? Their investment will suddenly lose all its value. How do you suggest Rovio to make it up to them? I think that, above all else, a good community should look at the situation from all angles.

9. Crashedup

Crashedup Well-Known Member

They certainly had benifited a lot from thier money spent on this game haven't they?
    They are in nightmare league as long as I can remember.
    Now it about damm time for game to change its course to more f2p arena.
    Because as f2p we aren't getting anywhere in this game and the whales are bored with the game too facing same opponents over and over again or killing someone in two shots is not fun.
    The game needs to boost the progress of f2p players so that whales can get some new competition and we as a f2p player have some real shot at progressing in the game.
    Rovio needs to dole out free stuff more often do a lot of changes in shop like epic Sunday shop where you can buy duplicates or parts in bulk rather than the cheap deals we get everyday.
    Host events with crazy rewards
    Remove unnecessary stuff from game like common uncommon cells.
    This thread was posted 7 months ago and still no change to one of the imp aspect of the game is mind-blowing.

Ovidmikel, Riddlerpaji, Kalbs and 4 others like this.
  10. D3X

D3X Well-Known Member

I think the Crates drop rates and item level (uncommon, rare, epic, legendary) should be improved based on the League. This is what normal progression of other games are like, especially in MMORPG, or MOBA games. 99.9% of the GREY boxes are completely useless parts and weapons, waste of time. After a certain point, I gave up even buying the Green ones as they were wasting my precious time playing the game.

Last edited: 6 Dec 2017
  11. Shadow Moon!

Shadow Moon! Well-Known Member

Its boring to be on whales team as all I do it to overboost and nitro all match as the whales kill opponents and its also boring if they are on opposing team we get killed in a minute.
    I had match in which I hit 1 sniper shot 380 damage then stunned for 15 sec 4 opponents were dead already I was eager to hit atleast another blow but was stunned for another 7 seconds and the match was over like that. What I did was to just shoot 1 shot no fun at all.

12. Miku Da Yo 39

Honestly I think there is a better way to solve these problems. Think about it this way, we don't like whales because they blow money and can destroy a large majority of players who don't have the gear they do. Now if we want to balance things out, we need to use a technique I like to call "herding".
    In order to make the game fair for the majority playerbase but still keep it's model and revenue as a freemium game we need to make the gap between F2P and Whales ever the more bigger. Here is why, if whales only consist of players like American Marauder and Bunta then even though we get destroyed by their t5 legendaries we can so whatever and move on because reality is they took out a second mortgage for that. We want the whales to pay exorbitantly high prices to keep them in the top 0.1%. Then the 99.9% of the majority can all play together with our t5 rares and occasional hard earned epics. There should not be allowed to be any whales in the majority range as they would have to be at the Bunta/American Marauder level to be able to afford the title of P2W. There are too many whales that are spread out in all ranges of infamy now and that's what makes the game unfair. Start herding them and turning them into American Marauders or strip them of whale status because they either are not spending enough or are abusing the "sweet minimal spending whale zone" and ruining the game experience for the majority of the community!

13. CaffeinatedChris

CaffeinatedChris MVP

It's almost as if we need some metric of that would, over time, separate the highly-geared players from those without. Since it's kind of a measure of how much those players are loathed for their spending habits, perhaps we could call it "infamy."

;)

14. Shadow Moon!

Shadow Moon! Well-Known Member

They loathed because playing with or against them is no fun you have to either wait and see how they kill all unfriends or wait and see how they kill you.

15. Miku Da Yo 39

It's almost as if we need some metric of that would, over time, separate the highly-geared players from those without. Since it's kind of a measure of how much those players are loathed for their spending habits, perhaps we could call it "in f
    We don't care of we occasionally get rekt by Marauder or high end whales because they spent a mortgage. You really gonna complain? What most people don't like is the whales who spent between 1000-10000$ they hit a sweet spot that while not getting then t5 legendaries allows then to have t5 epics that dominate almost as well. These whales are spread far and between the infamy range. We need to herd them into with the high end Whales. Otherwise make sure they can't aquire those gears without at least 20,000$

16. D3X

D3X Well-Known Member

Honestly, that's a wrong logic to consider. To be frank, to even have the high echelons of $20k up to 100k in spending for a Mobile game is absolutely absurd to begin with. Ask any of the whales if they would proudly admit in public (I mean amongst their family, collegue, friends, business partners, strangers) that they have spent this much, I assure you there's at least a fathom of regret because there's a million things out there that are probably a better investment in terms of providing value (as in joy, entertainment, return etc). That said, the game to have such high costs is like artificially manipulating the costs of this game, and in my point of view, even if you "herd" these whales into a "special pool", they are very rare to begin with, it would be so secluded that it would be very boring or have tremendous wait times.

The game is really imbalanced since the advent of the current shop system, I've advocated this for months on end, and the player base has come and gone. Which includes people that replied earlier on this thread from months ago, I would bank that excluding myself that a few have likely quit.

Rovio doesn't want to admit that this is the wrong pricing model, but their limited number of a few thousand paying members is solid proof that this game has been severely capped by this model. Batlle bay is a fun and simple game, but it's hampered and dragged down by a clunking upgrading system and incredibly expensive Loot-Box model.

The Lootbox model definitely needs governance, which I'm hoping that some government body steps in soon:
    https://forum.battlebay.net/threads/the-p2w-and-loot-box-reckoning.15085/

Last edited: 9 Jan 2018
    TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  17. Snapshot

Snapshot Well-Known Member

I'm F2P. I gave Rovio one pearl diver purchase because I thought they deserved $6.99. I've been playing for maybe 6 weeks or so. I've got the items for several T3 rares... only stopped by training. I've got the parts for one T4... almost T5 rare. I don't envision a really hard time getting rares leveled up. Epics... on the other hand...

18. pcRazen

pcRazen Member

My thoughts on shop..
    1. The legendary pieces is ok. They are supposed to be hard to get.

2. The epic crate is to expensive. You only save 100 pearls by buying it. At least let us save like 10% pearls to purchase it. Make it 3500 pearls or something.

3. I can't buy powercells. Kind of annoying.

4. I think the free crate is bogus. This is supposed to be a gift to your memebers. Make it worth the log in.

5.the star crate is ok. No problems with that. I have got a lot of my weapons from it.

6. The special offers are bogus.to expensive for just 1 item lol.

7. I would like bigger quantities of materials. I am lvl. 35 now. Not lvl 12. I need more!!!

8. I think perks and pieces should have there own tab. And materials and powercells have there own tab.

Last edited: 9 Jan 2018
  19. D3X

D3X Well-Known Member

Hard to get so much that it takes 6-8 months to get one item? And that if you considered that metric, it would take you 70-80 years to get a T4 or T5 Legendary? The fact that Legendaries are 25% stronger than epics, and the only way to get them is to pay 50-70K USD? https://www.reddit.com/r/battlebay/comments/7d6n45/unlocking_everything_in_battle_bay_requires_330k/

Star Crate are the ones you purchase with Stars. In my books they only give out Green items 95.5% of the time, so my ask was to give out more than that and have the odds higher to get epics and rares.
    If you're talking about EPIC crates, sure, but they are a bit too expensive.

Another RNG tactic to hold you back from progressing. Nothing new.

99.9% of the Gray Items. Garbage and only useful for complete noobies.
    Agreed.
    All part of the plan of creating more RNG into this to hamper progress. One page shop of 8 items every 6 hours.

20. pcRazen

pcRazen Member

I meant epic sorry. Tanks for pointing that out. And yeah maybe legends are bit to difficult to get your hands on. But let's face it. P2p players need something to brag as if there money isn't enough.

TheAntiSnipe likes this.