1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Fixers are being abandoned

Discussion in 'Strategy Discussion' started by :MrFixer:, 9 Jan 2018.

1. :MrFixer:

:MrFixer: New Member

Hello, great people from Battle Bay, I have played some battles with the fixer and I have a certain difficulty in staying alive, I realized that the fixer was, let's say nerfado many times, for example, well the fixer had defense, boat with more defense but they took it from him, something else was the repair pulse, before the repair pulse healed the boat itself, let's say, healed according to how he healed the allies (sorry for the stroke) the boat itself in 50%, or any boat takes down the fixer, and can not do anything not to run away, if you think it's right to leave the weak fixer, I respect, but if you are against some ideas what can be improved on it.Thank you for reading.

Sewah and Head Zilla like this.
  2. Head Zilla

Head Zilla Member

Some of extra hp for fixer wouldnt be bad...

Rokstrmahesh, Ian and Sewah like this.
  3. jfcliche

jfcliche Member

I don't think the Fixer is weak. All the other boats can fend for themselves, but none can heal the others. For the Fixer, it's the other way around and, consequently, it is if the Fixer could both heal AND defend itself alone that it would be imbalanced.
    What it means is you have to adjust your game to it. You stay in the back, equip a long range weapon, make sure you have both a turbo and an overboost (it makes slipping away easier, and you'll need the speed to cover some ground in help of a teammate), and your priority is always to keep your team alive (you only take shots at the other team when your healing items are reloading).
    Also keep in mind that at Mk5, the fixer gets a third green slot that you can use for a ducktape.

ChickenSurprise likes this.
  4. Sewah

Sewah Well-Known Member

Lots of fixer still think the duct force is a no no items and scrap it when they got it.

As i had said numerous time, to stay alive longer and be more usefull in the battle longer, USE DUCT TAPE.

The solution is available but some are to arrogant to Embrace the Duct Force.

Thats my opinion.

5. Ian

Ian Well-Known Member

Student
    I think fixer mk5 and down are doing just fine, it's at mk6 where fixer gets outclassed by other mk6s.

6. Poupichou

Poupichou Member

Say that to Brizo or Waveblower. :)

7. LimeOnMars

LimeOnMars Well-Known Member

Fixer imho needs a slight adjustment.

Maybe it can change from
    3RR 1Y 5GGG 2BB
    To
    2RR 1Y 5GGG 3BB

Or bring the pulse to 75% selfheal

8. :MrFixer:

:MrFixer: New Member

I say these things because well in the beginning in the game everyone already focuses the fixer, and with little life and little defense, the fixer and destroyed in seconds and with that the team loses.

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  9. Ian

Ian Well-Known Member

Student
    You mean the two top mk7 fixers who still can't get as high infamy as other mk7 boats? Probably not because they are "less skilled". Yeah I think they'd agree mk6-7 fixer is underpowered relative to other mk 6-7

10. jfcliche

jfcliche Member

^This.^ I'd say "hesitant" instead of "arrogant", but to the point : anyone who has used that boat at some point knows the Fixer is always a prime target for the other team. So I'm not saying the infamous "selfish Fixer" is the way to go (it clearly isn't), but at Mk5, adding a duct tape will be at least as helpful as a second bolt, box or pulse. More often than not, you will be heavily targeted by the other team ; even with a duct tape you will have to dance around to avoid taking too much damage, but if you can heal from it, then you will make the unfriendlies take shots in vain. A good tape + pulse can get you back to full HP (or close to it) rather quickly.

11. Rokstrmahesh

Rokstrmahesh Active Member

Stop suggesting gear for fixer when you've not played it, it's a pain in the ass surviving and helping others, unfriends first focus is fixer, a 13k hp defender runs on me and takes me out in 4shots, neither my pulse box duct tape helps me, don't forget about that annoying 15sec bolt from speeder, they can easily take out a fixer, because every fucking shooter abandons fixer they just spam the help button but don't protect their fixer, and spams abuses in my inbox after the match, this is a very irritating situation, help us out of this. I'm talking about mk3-mk6 players, because players in those range still be learning strategy

12. Rokstrmahesh

Rokstrmahesh Active Member

If you keep suggesting without actually playing there will be more selfish fixers and I plan on to Be one, because we're frustrated enough.

Sewah likes this.
  13. Scourge Argaen

Scourge Argaen Well-Known Member

I don't think fixers are too bad. I'm an MK5 and generally do alright, the difficulty I'm suffering with at the moment are players who kamikaze at the start of a fight (needs a report for that behaviour :mad:) or the team splitting up so I can't 'fix'.

I've sunk over 300 infamy in the past 3 days due to this kind of behaviour.

I have to remember that a fixer is built out of glass and keep distant. If I'm pursued by DPS at my tier they chew me up.

So yeah , the Duct Force is very appealing right now as I'm fed up of trying to do the impossible.

fragglelator and Sewah like this.
  14. Joey who

Joey who Well-Known Member

A skilled fixer can stay alive with no duct tape. It's something called "tactics".

15. Scourge Argaen

They gave us a boost recently, not confident they will want to give another one so soon..

16. fragglelator

fragglelator Active Member

Don't you just love Captains that spam "Together! Together!" then turbo off to the other side of the map away from the pack to their doom?

Scourge Argaen and Disguised like this.
  17. Kitterini

Kitterini Well-Known Member

Yet somehow these arrogant Fixers reach Nightmare at mk5, whilst others are stuck at 3k infamy in their mk6 boat ;) Play however rocks your socks, but go easy on the preaching when your results are suppar.

Most top Fixers run 1 Tape these days, the Pulse nerf was pretty efficient in enforcing that.

Scourge Argaen likes this.
  18. Scourge Argaen

Hah so true! :D