1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Carronade on speeder......

Discussion in 'Strategy Discussion' started by Jayaramdbz, 5 Jan 2018.

1. Jayaramdbz

Jayaramdbz Member

Hey guys actually carronade is better on speeder due to close range combats. But if we come to swift talents what should we choose. Especially carronade reduces overboost, nitro, and also speeders speed talents. Right now I'm using Lev 15 epic turbo with two epic and one rare perk. So my speeder speed is 1.55. and also I want to use carronade. Anyone suggest me a good idea.

2. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

Run the carro at maximum perks. Select ALL the carronade perks and retrain. Also, you need VERY HIGH speed to run it. 1.6 is the bare minimum. What's your infamy?

noelips likes this.
  3. Adaxxs

Adaxxs New Member

Same problem here, I want to use a carronade but I need to be fast, What can we do? :(

4. TheAntiSnipe

1. Carro was never intended for speeder.
    2. Bi/trinitro works great if you really want to. But expect lots of losses before you can master it.

5. Sewah

Sewah Well-Known Member

Training Carro talents will sacrifice all ur ship speed.

Its worth the try.

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  6. jfcliche

jfcliche Member

I don't think you need that much speed to use a carronade on a speeder. With an OB and a nitro, you should be fine, but based on my (admittedly not very long) experience with the carro/speeder combo, you'll really need a tesla bolt too, which won't leave you with enough slots to carry a frost blaster or launcher. That means you can skip all the talents that increase the carro damage when you shoot at slowed down targets.
    For the rest, it depends on what you wanna do with your speeder. If you run only a carronade + whatever you pair it with, I guess you can focus entirely on Swift's carronade talents. But if you wanna run other set-ups, like dual mortar + frost launcher (I find it helpful for some guild quests), then you may be out in the open more and you may need more speed. Personally, the only times I sacrificed speed for carronade in Swift's tree, it was to add more projectiles. Those talents are crucial for any carronade user, as they make the biggest difference in your damage output.

noelips likes this.
  7. Jayaramdbz

Jayaramdbz Member

Hmm my infamy is 2400 to 2800. But when I want to train all carronade I should manage to decrease 20% of speeder speed and 10% of all ship speeds. But I have epic turbo which I can level it upto 40. I think that may be enough. With two epic perks and two rare perks. But my doubt is will speeder speed reach near to max if I change to carronade and level up turbo.

8. TheAntiSnipe

The good thing here is, more speed is always good, and if things don't work out, you can always switch your trainings back. But try not to enter the 2000s, and practice A LOT in customs. I like a good carro speeder on my team, they slow down my prey for my blast cannon to deal a truckload of damage.

You do realize the risks here, right? No use against a defender, or a punk mk6 shooter. Also, it'll mean a much more opportunistic playstyle for you.

Jayaramdbz likes this.
  9. Jayaramdbz

Jayaramdbz Member

Ya ill try this for sure

10. noelips

noelips Member

There are to routes you can go with your carronade.

If you're super serious about using the carronade, train swift for all the carro talents. You don't have a reason not to. If you do decide to skip any though, don't skip the talents to slow boat speed and turret rotation. Those two talents will give you a good strong carronade that can make it a little challenging for enemies to hit you. With a strong nitro, overboost and a decent turbo you won't have to worry too much about speed. So you could just train swift for more boat speed now and retrain for more carronade power later. I think it's like swift's 1st talent but train him for the turbo and don't worry too much about training the OB and nitro.

If you're not to serious though, the I would say just train for damage and range. This will give you a good defensive carronade (depends on how you use it really) that can wreak some havoc. It will deal out more damage than a carronade trained to slow but it won't really be too much stronger overall unless your going to be extremely aggressive with it, which is why I suggest training for the carro frost talents. An aggressive careonade user frosting every one helps the team more than one just blasting away.

From there you can use perks to customize your carronade (like any weapon). I would suggest a range perk and two damage perks to make up for talents sacrificed to the carronade frost. It will increase your chances of landing multiple pellets on an enemy just in range. And increase the damage you can deal to multiple targets. Especially if you take the carro range to its max. As a speeder the range perks might be better to help you hit a target your not locked onto yet and with some practice even multiple targets with one shot.

Any carronade talent you decide to skip should be traded for boat speed and handling instead of another item. I was serious when I said that a strong OB, nitro and an ok turbo would give you enough speed to not have to worry too much. You could also have a strong turbo, nitro and a decent OB. You can of course train for whatever you think you need now and retrain for the carronade later.

But beware, a strong carronade makes a boat slow. A strong turbo and rudder and can be trained and leveled to make up for this however. Both of which only have a few talents to train.

Jayaramdbz and TheAntiSnipe like this.
  11. TheAntiSnipe

Wow, superb! +1 mate.

12. Jayaramdbz

Jayaramdbz Member

Wow, a very good suggession and I'll sure try what you have said. So which other weapon will be better with carronade. As enemy slows should I use Torp or something else like explosive, sniper, etc.

13. noelips

noelips Member

Um... You use the carronade with whatever weapon you like or know how to use best. Here's why, the carronade has a short range, even after being buffed. The weapon you know best or like most will be the weapon there to back you up once your in the thick of things.

Now with that said, here's a few secondary weapons that i like to use with my own carronade and the reason why. In no particular order.

First up is the carronade itself. Two strong carronades can be devastating in the right hands. One is always almost ready to fire after the other. And with the frost talents i can usually make a speedy get away while my target can't really move. If go for this as a secondary weapon to your main carronade, please don't rush straight into battle. Infact, just sit back and let your team scout for you. If you wait for it, I can guarantee you that a chance to sneak in for a few food hits or to start brawling with an unfriend will present itself.

Next up are the torpedoes. I noticed that you mentioned them. Wether it's the swift and big torp you can't really go wrong. IMO it's the perfect weapon to pair with a carronade. They have infinite range, deal great damage and are even buffed by the frost effect. I prefer the big torp for my speeder and like using the swift on my enforcer. Before the update they where good to fire of just before you could get into carro range. But now you can fire them off AFTER frosting a target and be pretty sure that your torpedo will make its mark on time (if your torp aiming is good that is). I am now 99% percent sure that with perfect timing and aim you can frost a target just before your torpedo arrives for a clean hit to deal extra damage. However that's not an easy move to pull off, so work on it in custom battles before you try it on the battlefield. And don't try it at all if you think your going die, get out of there.

I have to bring up mines somewhere here on the list. So here's a story. Back in the day when I was a speeder (I might come back to this boat soon) my friend told me that in order to move up I needed to use all my strongest gear. So I mercilessly scrapped everything that wasn't my steongest. All I had left was 2 mines, 2 nitros, and a turbo, all rare. I put them on my ship and with some work I moved up. Eventually I leveled up one of them, so of course I had to get another weapon. I tried out a bunch until RNGesus gave me 3 rare carronades, my favorite weapon in this game. Once my carronade was leveled up, I moved up even higher. End of story. Don't rush out into battle. Go lay mines in some game changing areas.

I am now a loyal carronade user and close range battles are my thing. So I have to bring up the grenade launcher. And of course, I'm going to say that it pairs beautidully with the carronade. If you want to just straight up brawl, I don't think you can get anything better than this. The GL is just as devasting a weaopn as the carronade, it's a tad bit easier to use and even deals out burn damage every now and then. This is the fire and ice combo that you really want. Great damage, great team support, horrible range. Don't rush out into battle with this one either though, I'm begging you.

Ok so last up is... The standard cannon. I'm pretty sure the list has pointed this already but.. I'm not really cannon kinda guy. But, even after saying that, if I had to use a cannon with my carronade this is the one I would pick. And here's why. The standard cannon's cooldown compliments the carronades cooldown even better than the carronade itself. At the peak of its training its cooldown will keep it constantly ready to be fired. Giving you the perfect back up weapon to allow you to keep calm in nearly any close range situation you can come up. You have all of global cooldown time you need to decide what your next will be. And if it just so happens that you need to hit an unfriend absolutely right now to win the battle, you have your reliable standard cannon ready to go. This pair, the carronade and cannon, migbt honestly be the deadliest pair a close range boat could hold. This is consistent, constant damage dealing worse than double carronades, worse than flare gun or fire bomb. But don't get to trigger happy, you have otber items you need to use as well. And be careful when you're in cannon range.

And that's about all I can recommend from the items used with my carronade. Uh, the flare gun could be argued to be better than grenade for dealing out fire/burn damage. If you want an insane dps go for it. I don't currently have a flare gun at the moment but I want one to place on my enforcer with my carronade and a standard cannon. But remember this, a high dps doesn't mean you will deal out a lot of damage.

Seriously though, use the weapon you know best or like the most.

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  14. TheAntiSnipe

I think flare shouldn't be used with carro since it is gradual and carro loadouts are almost always assassin setups. Otherwise, great list!

15. noelips

noelips Member

It is definitely not the most ideal pairing, the carronade and flare gun. This would be one of the more unconventional carronade-based setups. But the point of it would be to leave burning targets for your friends to shoot, not slaughter the one boat low on hp or something. You get in, get out, leave someone's boat on fire and call the target out. Your mark has been left on the battlefield.

What makes the grenade launcher a better choice than the flare gun is the power it brings to keep your 1v1 battles as short as possible. You can get in, duke it out and leave whenever you're ready.

I just thought that it would be good to mention the flare since it litterally deals damage out by the second. Which does compliment the carronades dps, served up by the pellet. But the carro/flare setup does start to take things outside of the box. You have to be extremely creative to make this setup work.

TheAntiSnipe likes this.