1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

I am Stuck with shooter in lower leauge

Discussion in 'Strategy Discussion' started by Golden Shooter, 6 Jan 2018.

?

Is shooter best ship for higher leagues?

1. Yes

12.5%
  2. No

25.0%
  3. Depends in a lot of things

62.5%
  1. Golden Shooter

Golden Shooter Member

Y
    Thanks for the info and advice on detail. I expect same in the future ✌️✌️✌️

The Otherguy likes this.
  2. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

I really don't recommend the standard cannon, though I worked some math on it myself. For a shooter, no. For a ship with three slots, frickin meta. Also, what Hades said about bshield and firebomb, calculate for that. There's plenty of good firebombers out there.

The Otherguy likes this.
  3. Golden Shooter

Golden Shooter Member

yeah I guess standard cannon is pretty weak in higher leagues. I am working on blast cannon and will upgrade it up to t5 soon to replace in place of standard cannon. Blast cannon will also be useful for enforcer and speeder on future if I change the ship.

4. TheAntiSnipe

Be aware that blast cannon will conflict with sniper cannon. I would recommend a good explosive cannon. Trust me, it sends speeders packin'.

5. craz¥burd

craz¥burd Well-Known Member

Totally agree with this. Was running sniper blast and ex but now I have Mk6, I’ve swapped out BC for RG and re-trained Bhurt to HURT with EC and SC :D

Lightning sword and TheAntiSnipe like this.
  6. Golden Shooter

Golden Shooter Member

Mmm...true I never thought that. Snipers works well with shooters but have less damage. But using explosive cannon with shooter ship will be surely painful . It gets proper hit only in short range and gets only utilised for few times

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  7. Snapshot

Snapshot Well-Known Member

I suspect this is a play style thing. By far the vast majority of shooters I see are stand off players. A canon is useless to them because they aren't ever close enough to use it. These are the guys with 2 mortars and a torp equipped. They need something longer ranged to match their play style like the sniper. I read the "common wisdom" on these boards regarding the canon and I disregard it also. I'll cycle out my canon when it's no longer useful which may happen when I get another weapon slot at M5.

8. Olibooger

Olibooger Active Member

Freelance Bum
    2018-01-06 11.41.39.png
    That setup on a mk5 got me to nightmare. Of course everything wasnt leveled as strong either. Yes, I played four weapons and got used to it. Now at mk6, I have a " free " slot to add mines or a questing weapon option and of course the bandaid. I too have played for nearly a year.
    Very foolishly scrapped stuff I didnt like at the time.
    I know another guy with better stuff than myself struggling to get out of ACE 1.
    It's all about 2 things in a shooter.
    1) Dont miss. Obvious right? Some people simply miss too much. Just dont miss.
    2) Movement. If the people around you suck, which I assume they do if they are way down there, stick with them and shoot (dont miss!!) what they are shooting at. Taking down a ship one by one is easier 2 - 1. Dont sit in the open like a moron asking to be targeting, sense when you are targeted and head to cover. Lobbing mortars in the back doesnt do a ton of damage no matter what anyone thinks. Not missing point damage weapons is far more reliable.
    Another thing that helps, if one unfriend is down to around 2/1k health, call his target like your pants are on fire. Get rid of him.

That is my two pennies on a shooter.

Of course what everyone said about the big shield, and drop the bandaid until mk6.

Happy fishing

O yes. A mortar maybe two are good to control unfriends movement where you want them to be. Either they move where you want or take a well placed bullseye mortar shot. Their choice. Capitalize on it either way.
    Good luck

Last edited: 6 Jan 2018
  9. *JAWS*

*JAWS* Well-Known Member

Agree with alot of Olibogers points.

My most obvious things to add to this discussion for the original poster is a few things.
    1) have an end goal in mind or a target to grow your ship to. MK.6 and beyond add a red slot.
    2) preferably only have 1 to 2 arcing weapons ever on your ship. Hardly anyone that is a great shooter goes past 2 arcing weapons in nitemare. Especially if your goal is to be the best. 5k and up players. Reason. Arcing weapons take too long to land. And ships are faster in 4k and beyond league play.
    3) study the top 50 players every 2 weeks right before season ends...your boat preference. And keep track of what they are using. And mimic if you want to improve. Do as the best do. There is a reason so many people have certain weapons. Example. Rail gun isn' just for distance shots. It also drops tesla shield. It provides good yellow boat protection for the shooter. Not saying u need one. But it makes sense to have a weapon somewhere on shooter that can drop tesla shields. Only a couple weapons are strong enough to do it. Know them. And determine what u like best.
    4) always create damage. Olibogers previous poster said it as don't miss. I say it as Always create damage! Make your presence a horrible thing to deal with for unfriends. Get sooo good at the weapons u decide upon by mk.6 people have to mash your name attack "JAWS" like they do when I am charging.
    Or attack "YSL" etc. When u create damage always. U get feared. Players have to account for u first. Ie. Your teammates have a much easier match when u are in a game. It is a team game remember that. So when they only focus on Me for instance. My friends team mops them up.

Last thought
    5) Be tactically smart. Fight in a way that serves your weapons. Use cover when needed. But don't be a camper. U have to be seen in order for your friends to survive.
    Does this sound confusing. It is.
    It's a balance as shooter between being a target. But not being hit.
    Attacking but not being a camper.
    A dance between OFFENSE while behaving defensive in posture.
    The Art of War would call it choosing the battle field from a high side with the sun behind you so the enemy has already lost the war. Choosing the terrain tactically.
    As u progress from mk.5 to mk.6 and beyond. U should know 1 thru 5. Adapted the proper weapons and learned proper tactics.

When in doubt copy the great ones. And after battles where someone hands you your boat on a platter. RE-watch it.
    But from their boats perspective. See how they played your boat to perfection. And learn to adapt.

Happy hunting....
    From JAWS

10. ViscountSniffit

ViscountSniffit Well-Known Member

Your experience in the game, would undoubtedly be valuable to anyone hoping to be stuck in Master III by this time next year, but that’s not what you’re aspiring for ;)

At your level all Tesla Bolt users are going to start having the Buzzkill talent that prevents healing on stunned ships. So you can’t depend on healing, and 3k hp just isn’t going to cut it.

I agree with the others about the cannon. You’ve got enough weapons now that you don’t need the speed, and you’ve got too many actions to take full advantage of the DPS. Maybe if you had some synergy with it, like double firebombs and fire perks on the cannon, then I might get it, but as it stands it’s just a peashooter taking up space.

11. *JAWS*

*JAWS* Well-Known Member

To do the same thing over and over again expecting different results is the definition of :insanity
    Einstein

Lots of great advice here to improve you from Masters.

Want to play with the big boats. Listen. Mimic the best.

Fyi. No shooter in Nitemare uses regular cannon at all. Except to do a quest every now n then. Too weak.

Real talk. Global cooldown affects all weapons. So even as u cycle thru every shooter weapon you are never gonna be at a loss of something to fire.
    What matters most is high damage. And consistent damage. At this point. Your community has been nice enough to answer how u can improve. Take note. And advance.

12. fr4nk1yn

fr4nk1yn Well-Known Member

tl:dr... You're asking for advice, accept it. Get rid of the bandage and drop on the shield. I seriously doubt that bandage is repairing more damage than the big shield you could build could take.
    Swap out the standard cannon for something else. Another sniper cannon? Also check you crew training. Easy to miss some things.
    Blast cannons aren't easy to hit with and you have to be close, Not someplace you want to be especially with a bandage. Missiles could be an option but you have to have lots of crew training and have them leveled up.
    If you want a sit back play style I'd personally use dual sniper with that firebomb, with the trainings, then equip the big shield, keeping the long range mortar. You should be able to do a ton of damage.

The Otherguy and TheAntiSnipe like this.
  13. Olibooger

Olibooger Active Member

Freelance Bum
    Last bit of advice. Watch who you take advice from.
    Some things just make sense. Some do not.
    Think about what makes sense for you.
    Best wishes

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  14. Golden Shooter

Golden Shooter Member

I can't thank enough to everyone who has shared their valuable knowledge with me which are really useful to me and others who uses shooters like me and helped me to the fullest. i will try to get the most benefit out of all this suggestions. I love this game!!!

15. 00starlord00

00starlord00 Member

I don't think u have ever got knocked out of battel by a torpedo. Cause if u have low health n u got hit by two t4 BT at the start of the match then ur r done. And I personally think that in Masters league shooters are not supporting type of ship

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  16. Lightning sword

Lightning sword New Member

I did once get killed by millions of tritorps and bigtorps coming in at the biggining of a battle and also had a very lucky kill with a tritorp but apart from those two times, I haven't. I am only mkIII Lvl21 so I don't know if it is different in higher lvls.

17. TheAntiSnipe

People who think shooters are super support AND have the good aim and sense to ACTUALLY stay in the back shouldn't use turbo at all, since they don't really need it. Big shield+bandage is workable for a sniper. No assault shooter should use this, though since this makes them prone to torps and mortars a lot more than most.

fr4nk1yn and Golden Shooter like this.
  18. 00starlord00

00starlord00 Member

Sorry I didn't mention that "within first 15 sec of match"

19. StrictSalmon307

StrictSalmon307 Well-Known Member

Professional student
    Here's my shooter setup (I'm infamy 2350)
    Some type of mortar (preferably Berta), two blast cannons, one std cannon, and preferably a big torp or railgun to get you out of sticky situations :)
    I'd still recomend speeder over shooter though