1. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

crit damage

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by lelemassa, 5 Jan 2018.

1. lelemassa

lelemassa New Member

hi all

i have a lvl 20 epic sniper

why sometimes it crits 850 damage and sometimes 1050? there is a stats table or it depend by precision?

where can i see the crit % of the ex cannon?

why my big berta sometimes make two number of damage? One of 800/900 and another number of orange damage of 200/300 with the same shoot

thanks

2. Zerolive

Zerolive Well-Known Member

It is because of ship defense points. Ship having more defense point takes less damage than lesser ones. Burning enemy can also be a factor.
    Click on ex cannon and below it's stats, you can see crit chance: 1% if you don't have any crit perk on it.
    Big bertha has got great radius and it can hit multiple enemy lumped together. 800/900 damage is the one where enemy ship was closer to center and 200/300 is the one where enemy was far from center of the damage radius. Basically two different damage means you hit two enemy ships with single shot but at different distance from center of damage radius. Or it is extra damage for bullseye which happens when enemy ship is at center of the damage radius when the shot lands.

Last edited: 5 Jan 2018
    lelemassa likes this.
  3. pcRazen

pcRazen Member

I am not sure why your crit damage would change unless they have 200 defense o.o... and if you have bullseye bonus that explains the extra mortar damage.

fr4nk1yn likes this.
  4. Rivet

Rivet Active Member

Not only the fact that certain ships have more defence, such as the defender, but the damage of each weapon fluctuates. Not sure the exact amount, but I believe 10%? Correct me if I'm wrong. So If your cannon does 500 damage a shot, it can become 450 or 600. And let's say crit damage is 2.5 times. Then it becomes either 1125, or 1500, plus or minus defence. Then, yes, burning damage, and there could be a critical multiplier chance fluctuation as well.

Kaletheshavage, Ian and lelemassa like this.
  5. pcRazen

pcRazen Member

Yeah i dont think you can deal more damage than what your weapons says it can deal without a burning boost. Or crit boost.

6. Rivet

Rivet Active Member

It happens. My triple torpedoes do 428, I once hit for 444, no frost

7. lelemassa

lelemassa New Member

please explain me what is a bullseye damage...in italian there isn't a specific translation....

for bigberta... it makes appear two orange number of damage for one shot... i was saying with only one enemy shoted

8. pcRazen

pcRazen Member

Wow.... hmm. Guess I never noticed.
    #noob

9. pcRazen

pcRazen Member

Bullseye is when the boat is in the exact middle of your mortar shot (big berta) and a bullseye bonus is a skill you get from crew training (mortarmar) which gives you extra damage if you get a bullseye.

lelemassa likes this.
  10. Rivet

Rivet Active Member

In crew training, you will notice one of the talents says mortar hits in the center to 30% additional damage. That's all it is. Whenever you hit somebody with the mortar straight on, it does an additional 30% damage.

Ex: 100 damage mortar. You hit the enemy in the center of your shot. 100+30 damage, making it 130 damage total.

lelemassa likes this.
  11. nikeej

nikeej Active Member

Damage from any weapons has a variance of +- 10%.

Critical is only 2x damage and not 2.5.
    Epic sniper tier 2
    does roughly 347 damage. Assuming another 10% plus fire damage bonus, it is possible to deal 1k damage on lower armour enemy, speeder
    or fixer

CaffeinatedChris likes this.
  12. lelemassa

lelemassa New Member

i do 1k and more because of perk of +20% crit on my sniper

13. Craigjnoble

Craigjnoble Well-Known Member

Def is also taken in to account before the crit multiply.
    So for a crit on 100 def (max) vs no def can make the difference pretty large.
    Say a 500 hit sniper with the talents to get the 2.5x crit damage and no burning damage bonuses.

No def target: 500 x 2.5 = 1250
    100 def target: (500-100)x2.5 = 1000

So the 100 def stopped the 250 damage before you start taking to account the 10% damage variation and extra burning damage.

14. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

I've said it before, but SOMEBODY has to analyze defence carefully. There seems to be more to it than meets the eye.

15. kurdish bndo

kurdish bndo Active Member

if you focus on yellow numbers you will see a diffrent DMG from the one you should get alot of time (more or less)
    i thinks it is bcuz it needed time to hit

especially for rail gun
    and torps especially big torps

Last edited: 6 Jan 2018
  16. lelemassa

lelemassa New Member

it's not exposed on stats of ex cannon...boh!

17. A55A51N

A55A51N Well-Known Member

Student
    As stated many times before, weapon damage varies 10 %. It is not because of time needed for the hit. It can do more dmg too, it’s just random.
    I don’t know when the algorithm takes defence, before crit or after. I would like to know.
    @nikeej crit damage can be increased with talents and perks.

18. kurdish bndo

kurdish bndo Active Member

thats what i have heard and read from many popular,old and trusted player i dont remember who but iam 99% sure it is true

19. Stelmo

Stelmo Well-Known Member

It's not true. Distance travelled only matters with the railgun.

A55A51N and The Otherguy like this.
  20. Rinse & Repeat

Rinse & Repeat Well-Known Member

You either hit two targets:
    or you have your crew trained(Mortimer) for Devastating Blow! Which increases the amount of damage for a direct morter hit... i don't think it would be added to the original damage i think its separate damage...