1. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

I'm done with this game guys... I am very sorry. (Not a Joke)

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Gnu, 4 Jan 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zerolive

Zerolive Well-Known Member

I am pretty mad at you but considering I just made it to nightmare,you caught me in a happy mood:):). I forgive you.And considering you removed me, it is only fair that you add me. My tag is RZFGGCGV :p

Nikkie! and vis1234567899 like this.
  2. pcRazen

pcRazen Member

Quit.....? I don't know if I can quit. I have so much work to be done v.v .. and yes a forth perk slot for rare sounds amazing.!!! Hello more crit damage.
    #sniper cannon.

The Otherguy likes this.
  3. Kitterini

Kitterini Well-Known Member

The attention whore strikes again :)

4. Stelmo

Stelmo Well-Known Member

Careful Gnoob. Someday there might really be a wolf out there, and the village will just ignore your call.. think of the sheep;)

5. Zangetsu

Zangetsu Well-Known Member

I'm so glad someone said this

LimeOnMars, Ultrah and TheAntiSnipe like this.
  6. Gnu

Gnu Well-Known Member

Games
    Then maybe i should reconsider what i said and actually just delete the game.
    then i think just maybe you'll be satisfied and also so that this thread could be locked.

Last edited: 6 Jan 2018
    Nikkie! likes this.
  7. Ultrah

Ultrah Well-Known Member

8. The Otherguy

The Otherguy Well-Known Member

Tech support
    @Gnu, you want it locked?
    We'll be on it once we get ok (pun intended) from Gnu, as nothing has (yet) happened, and we aren't lock-happy. ;)

9. Gnu

Gnu Well-Known Member

Games
    I'd like to keep it open for another 2 days.
    Before it's locked, i'm gonna write down an improvement list.

Nikkie! and The Otherguy like this.
  10. The Otherguy

The Otherguy Well-Known Member

Tech support
    Okay, take your time. :)

11. DoktorTeeth

DoktorTeeth Member

lots of improvements to be made.

I've said in other posts about fixer, but it goes for all the classes. there should not be a period where your crew skills climb, your weapons levels go up, but your ship doesn't advance. to keep people interested, they have to feel like they're advancing, even the F2P, otherwise the core player base will just dwindle down to nothing. I've seen it over and over. I understand it needs to make money to support itself, but it won't make money without players. It needs to be a symbiotic relationship.

infamy is not an indication of actual player skill, so matchmaking should not be made based on infamy... i should not be able to swing from being able to one-shot Penta kill, to being one-shot myself several battles later, and that's what the infamy system of matchmaking does, at least that's what it does at my level. maybe it evens out over 800?

12. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

If infamy is not based on skill what is it supposed to represent? It's a serious question... if it's that flawed then lets just scrap it and do all matchups based on items and boats. That's not far from how it works now, as I had two guildmates upgrade to MK6 as soon as they got to level 40, against my advice, and they both tanked 600 infamy and parked them until further notice.

To your question, infamy doesn't even out until at least 2k that I know of because I've never gone above 2k. In fact whether I'm playing a 1300 or 2300 match (my match range in the past week or two), more often than I have top kills and damage, quad kills are common even at 2300 (fleeting), yet I can't get over 2k. It's truly mind-boggling, and I can fully understand the desire to punch a wall after getting one shitty team after another. I still have hope.

Da Carronade King likes this.
  13. DoktorTeeth

DoktorTeeth Member

infamy is a measure of team performance... sort of ... it increases when your team wins, and decreases when your team loses. in a case where one player is far more skilled or stronger than all of the other players in the match, there's a chance that even if you try to, you won't contribute at all to the win. n fact, there's a chance that that person will be the only person in the team that contributes to the win. Therefore, no, infamy is not a measure of personal skill.

it's modified by contribution, but does not seem to modify it by much

teamwork is an important component that should be rewarded, and most games have trouble adequately rewarding it, but personal skill also needs to be rewarded and the two should be displayed as separate totals.

As I said in another thread: give us ALL the stats... if I'm rated for 30% contribution to the win, it should also tell me my %DirectDamage vs ∆PotentialDamage, %SupportDamage vs ∆PotentialSupport, %Fixes vs ∆PotentialFixes, etc, etc, each broken down by item use... this data is already there, because every Battle's datastream is recorded... every position, every shot fired, all the shot data... everything... it just needs a page to display it.

Not everyone cares about stats.

I don't particularly care about stats myself. You won't see me pulling my hair out because I dropped one accuracy percentage like some people.

But after certain battles, I sometimes check to see how I did against the others, and there really isn't anything concrete to see. I add up my fixes and damage, and it adds up to being the highest number, yet I'm listed in third place... maybe it's because support damage counts differently towards rank, or because I'm playing below my infamy level somehow, but how do I know? there's no way for us to know because those numbers, if that's what is happening, are behind the scenes.

Last edited: 7 Jan 2018
    The Otherguy likes this.
  14. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

Exactly... If infamy is team based it should be attached to a team not an individual, but since teams are different every match so it's impossible to assign an infamy to a team. Therefore infamy is meaningless.

15. The Grim Repair

The Grim Repair Community Manager

Hey everyone -

i will close the thread now and also remove any future "leaving" threads.
    It's no problem people leaving or taking breaks - but after some consideration and also concerns from other members, such threads don't belong in the forum where we want to discuss all things Battle Bay.

You can keep in touch by any other means with your friends and are of course welcome to any time to write here and we will be glad to have you back :)
    OK? ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.