1. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Too much infamy!

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Zerolive, 3 Jan 2018.

1. Zerolive

Zerolive Well-Known Member

I am an mk5 enforcer and usually hover around 3k infamy. My weapons are tier III epics and tier IV rares. After this season reset, I was paired up with nightmare players. As you all know, a good nightmare player can carry the team to victory by themselves. Same things happened and I got paired up with Orpheus, Orange2fighter, Xplosive, penal code and great caliber players like them. I don't have standard shield and they could easily two shot kill me. But somehow I got up to 3800+ infamy. Now I know that I got lucky to be paired up with a great team but now I don't know what to do when I start to lose. When I get to the infamy that I was before, my rewards will be cut off and then it will be no more fun to play. What do I do then?

2. The Otherguy

The Otherguy Well-Known Member

Tech support
    Idk, it depends how far you drop. :(
    Sorry for you though.

H.A.D.E.S likes this.
  3. CaffeinatedChris

CaffeinatedChris MVP

You're saying that like it's inevitable. I've seen plenty of Mk5 Enforcers in the 3400s, I'm betting you'll just be another one that I'm frantically dodging (or trying to hide under the shield of!)

4. Zerolive

That is true. Considering I don't have tesla shield and standard shield too, Two shots can kill me though. And thanks for hiding me under the shield(not that it happened).

5. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

Is it just me or is it usually enforcers, speeder, and fixers that rise faster than shooters and defenders are able to?

6. Joey who

Joey who Well-Known Member

Idk. I dropped from 3700 to 2400 and I'm still getting rewards

7. Zerolive

Really? Stars too? Officers, arrest this man!:p

craz„burd, Ultrah and Joey who like this.
  8. Zerolive

I think so! I couldn't get past 2k infamy with my shooter, made it to 2.5k with speeder and now 3.5k with enforcer.

9. Iunch

Iunch Active Member

The buff to enforcers speed and hp might also be playing a role in this. Have faith in yourself and I think 3500 average isn't out of the question

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  10. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

Those ships have a lot of learning time, and fixer is team-dependent. And it only looks fast, I've grown with plenty of shooters, it isn't really fast.

H.A.D.E.S and The Otherguy like this.
  11. TVNPryde

TVNPryde Well-Known Member

As an MK5 in ACE1, I took a beating the last 2 seasons when resets were done. I learned that the best way to help your team is staying alive more than doing damage. My tier 4 rare weapons tickled those type of nightmare players. The longer I can stay alive in my speeder, the more I can stun and drawing fires.

StrictSalmon307 likes this.
  12. H.A.D.E.S

H.A.D.E.S Well-Known Member

Depends on everyone's playstyle....I have reached 2.8k with my Shooter but can't go beyond 2.3k with my speeder.

13. Rivet

Rivet Active Member

Haha meanwhile I fell down to 1800 infamy! I can't seem to get a good team. Usually ends up with at least half of the team doing less than 2000 damage :(

14. The Otherguy

The Otherguy Well-Known Member

Tech support
    :eek: Fleet?

15. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

Sage advice, and definitely important for Speeder... too often they are careless and are the first to go. I'm continuously dumbfounded how so many players rise in infamy with zero play skills. In at least half my matches I'm hammering at the unfriendlies as a Shooter, making great progress, and then find myself 1 vs 4 only 2 minutes into the match (and yes I usually have that 1 kill). Apparently a winning strategy is to make a kamikaze run with their pea shooters and tiny shields. While matchmaking may be broken in the upper tiers, infamy is a crap-shoot under 2k.

16. Rinse & Repeat

Rinse & Repeat Well-Known Member

Be optimistic:), you don't know for sure you are going to drop and even if you do you don't know you will drop all the way down...

The Otherguy likes this.
  17. Rivet

Rivet Active Member

Nobody I know is in my infamy range :D

The Otherguy likes this.
  18. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

What's your range?

19. Rivet

Rivet Active Member

~2000-2200.
    Not that I couldn't find anybody, just that the people in my guild and my in game friends are at ~1300, with a few exceptions.

20. H.A.D.E.S

H.A.D.E.S Well-Known Member

I can feel you....I have been stuck to 1.4k infamy for 1-2 months and then 2.1-2.2k infamy for one month and it's really painful to lose continuously.
    Now I have climed back again to 2.6k infamy by fleeting.

Rivet and TheAntiSnipe like this.