1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

The P2W (and Loot Box) Reckoning

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Jammo, 5 Dec 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Babablacksheep

Babablacksheep Well-Known Member

Thank you developers for making the items cheaper for whales yet unattainable for F2P.Thank you devs forcing F2P to spend on cheaper deals to survive in master race...

P.S.--->Have you seen those guranteed item prices,They are ridiculously expensive! 100$ for T5 evolution,Good luck with that...
    Even a mild spender cannot touch these offers

2. Sifa

Sifa Well-Known Member

So would you rather prefer the old system where you might have to spend thousands and still not get the item you were looking for? Full RNG system was better?

Also these special offers appear too rarely for big whales so that it would significantly help them to get their stuff faster / cheaper. What I'm saying is these offers are perfect for casual players who are not heavy spenders. They do not have legendaries but they might have been looking for certain epic item for many months and now they can sometimes get the long-awaited item offered for them in one guaranteed purchase -> no need to spend a fortune to hopeless box-lottery anymore.

Lastly, nothing has changed for F2P so don't understand what's the reason of complaint here. I also share the feeling that F2P should be able to get all items more easily but that was not the point of my messages in this thread. I was purely talking about the quality of in-app purchases available in this game, and if you think about it, any move to less RNG is good right?

Mr. Chompers likes this.
  3. TheFixer27

TheFixer27 Well-Known Member

A boat

The Otherguy and Mr. Chompers like this.
  4. D3X

D3X Well-Known Member

Who cares about this suggestion with the energy, it was one of many to lessen the P2W aspects. It’s not the best ideas, nor is it the point of this thread.

Babablacksheep likes this.
  5. *JAWS*

*JAWS* Well-Known Member

Point of this threas is for battle bay developers to fix loot box system.
    There has to be other ways they can make money then making this fake gambling rng system for everyweapon including duplicates. And i will applaud any effort to inprove their fix of this. I would highly suggest devs play Castle Crusg some time. And see how any of the top cards can be bought. They cycle thru all the best items thru out the week. And u know if u need it. And missed it. A week later you can buy it. Plus free players still get access to the same great items thru game playing but at a slower pace. Last I knew. Castle Crush and the developers at war machines and sniper assassin. Have more people playing each game then Battle Bay.

Battle bay has a lot good going for it. But needs to adjust to todays climate against loot boxes. I for one hope they adapt soon

6. FearsomeChicken

FearsomeChicken Well-Known Member

Clash Royale does this too. They have the RNG stuffs via loot boxes, and for f2p they have cards rotated on a 24 hour basis that can be bought via the shop with ingame gold (attainable through normal grinding). It takes maybe a month for all the cards to cycle through the shop, so anyone can purchase them with enough play time. The legendaries can also be bought, but it requires massive amounts of gold.

Now compare how well clash royale is doing vs battle bay. I rest my case.

_devill, D3X and Mr. Chompers like this.
  7. *JAWS*

*JAWS* Well-Known Member

With these other games showing the way. There should be no reason Battle Bay puts an artificial block on any weapon. Make them all accessible. Even duplicates. If they need to adopt a rotation basis. Fine. But they key to all of this....dont limit player choices. Make players have more access and more money will get spent. And player base will raise.

Also make every item accessible thru grinding free play. Equally a certain amount of battles to experience or rewards that open up items to be gained from free play. Epics? As all know here advertisement money is huge. So these players should also have a way to advance

8. Jammo

Jammo Member

Pirate
    This thread that has nearly 150 replies and has been on the front page for weeks still has no reply from any Dev. @Miika I see you replying to other threads so we know you're reading this. Grow some balls and address this concern with your customers.

9. D3X

D3X Well-Known Member

2018 Bump, hoping that EU and Rovio address and resolve some of these more serious issues.

Zachiderp likes this.
  10. The Grim Repair

The Grim Repair Community Manager

We address and talk about items in general when we have something to share and of value to say. Please refrain from being insulting - that’s not going to give you a reaction you want.

We have been reading - since the beginning and interacting with our community more than I’ve seen in most other games.

When we hold out with info or comments it’s not because anything is being ignored - far from it.

I can’t say yet when I will write here about some of the items and concerns raised in this thread but I want to point out that I especially found it fruitful to see all of you trying to think “outside of the box” and look at solutions or recommendations at least and not focus solely on perceived negativity.

I’ll see when I can follow up - it will happen on topics raised like RNG and Lootboxes vs gambling ( yes, we are aware of course, of that general topic and it is very interesting to say the say the least.).

_devill, Ultrah, Tmfh67401 and 5 others like this.
  11. *JAWS*

*JAWS* Well-Known Member

@The Grim Repair
    Thank you for looking at this topic seriously.

Some of the other games mentioned, do a better job at allowing the freedom to choose exactly what we the players/payers want to buy. And rotate those items thru shop over the course of a month. Plus in those games thru grinding those same weapons items can be earned.

I know it' a different model slightly from battle bay. But assure u, it will raise spending in the game. And the player base will be happier since an rng limitation has been removed.
    No one wants to feel blocked.
    Also it will keep battle bay compliant with all international laws regarding Loot boxes and things that make it too. Random. Ie gambling.
    I think the battle bay content is top notch and very entertaining. We just need a better way to progress. Free players and paying players alike.
    Also it might be a good time to introduce cosmetic changes to boats for free players and more options to paying players. It would be another source of income.
    To recap. Random selection of weapons and items is getting old.

Best regards,

Jaws

xBonk, _devill, Spinners71 and 5 others like this.
  12. Rokstrmahesh

Rokstrmahesh Active Member

Clash royale way of box rewards is much better, I made good progress in that game (my friends too) rovio in every way forces players to make in app purchases or its hard to survive in the game, it may take 5-6 years to reach captian level 50.
    Too much of gambling is going on in the game, this needs to be fixed or I'll officially quit this game in a few months tired of this greedy developer.

*JAWS*, Zachiderp, D3X and 1 other person like this.
  13. Jillycut

Jillycut Member

I’d like to see these odds when available. The majority of rational players seeing odds(curret) are more than like wouldn’t buy loot boxes. Kinda like scratch off tickets.

Zachiderp and Mr. Chompers like this.
  14. *JAWS*

*JAWS* Well-Known Member

The new implementation in shop with random items cycled daily for purchase as possible duplicates is an improvement devs.

But still slightly off.

Let me explain.

Lets say there is 4 items. Flare, firebomb, naplam, and grenade. With only 3 items that can be purchased for epic. 3000 pearls. Its still random which 3 we get.

This is almost good. Better than its been. But is still odds and random based.

Whereas if u cycled thru every rare and every epic item over the course of a month and could select and buy up to 3 of any. This would be perfect.

And would work just like other games suggested by previous posters.

Please look into fixing this to buy anything we want. Including duplicates. This will end gambling and morality issues and make the game compliant with internation laws.

@The Grim Repair

What do u think?

15. *JAWS*

*JAWS* Well-Known Member

Here is my f2p players solution.

Make it easier to get from level 1 to level 50.

There are f2p players who have played over a year in this game who still arent rank 50.

That says 2 things.
    The metric to rank up is too difficult.
    And it cost too much of everything, gold, sugar, and pearls to do so.

Let me put it to devs this way. If someone devotes a year of playing this game and hits 10,000 battles. Should they not complete all 50 and every crew training? I think the answer must be yes. Or the game is slanted too hard. Many players in f2p and partial p2w land quit between mk2 and mk5 because they feel they cant compete.

2) by making duplicates easy to get the way I suggested it actually evens the playing field for f2p and p2w players. Let me say how. Every f2p can join guilds and win pearls and eventually own every item in the bay. ( do I think they need to raise how many pearls are every where including raffle, yes) but if devs make duplicates easier to purchase. Even grinding players can get them. And note to all f2p players.

Once a p2w player is maxed at epic V. their is no further to go. And u eventually will get there also. Ie. No long term advantage.
    I can only point out to 2 grinding f2w players that eventually collected epic V weapons themselves. (BIttersteal as one ex)
    Devs these are real quality of life issues for our bay. And should be fixed quickly.
    Make everything for purchase. Make gold, sugar, and pearls easier to come by. Or reduce the total amount of everything needed for ranking up and lower the cost of all items.
    However it is done. 1 year and not ranked level 50 for 10,000 games is bad management of player base.
    There needs to be players that can testify how to move forward as a f2p player and compete...and so far all anyone can point to is 2 players. Thats bad math devs. Same with its bad math for players that want to spend money. But quit the game in frustration because they cant buy what they want to buy. Its not commerce then. Its gambling. All of these things can be fixed.
    @Zeus
    @Miika
    @The Grim Repair

You have fantastic content, and weapons and boats are really fun. What all this forum is saying is the method of implementation to getting items and progressing is mismatched to societal expectations now for our gaming community. And international law is cracking down on all loot box systems. So what harm will it be to give purchases and progression equal the expectations of the player community? We want to spend money. Help us spend it the way we want to spend it. Not your way. Our way. I have spent over 7k ( still not level 50). If u gave me what I want. My spending would be higher. Same with someone who spent $200. And is about to quit. Dont u want them to spend $100 more?

Same with helping f2p players. They will tell more of their friends. Play this game. Advertisement money will be earned. And a new player base grows to spend money. Win/win.

Lets get these issues fixed.

Last edited: 7 Jan 2018
    xBonk, Cpt. Dong, D3X and 7 others like this.
  16. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

We need a faster pacing to BB. For sure.

17. Cpt. Dong

Cpt. Dong Member

The current system needs to be revamped. Progress is SUPER SLOW even if i play 200 battles per day. Bought VIP thinking it would make my grinding more efficient. Ive been playing 200 games per day for a week but still no progress is being made. Im getting sick of this game, grinding is pointless and a waste of time. I only play when i have max quests now. How can i enjoy playing a dead boring game where u have to pay and gamble for a decent amount of progress to be made while playing alot gets you no where, its so stupid.

Earel and D3X like this.
  18. SCOOTY PUFF Jr

SCOOTY PUFF Jr Active Member

I knew there was something about Clash Royale, I went digging for an old thread where BB was actually compares to WoW then sort of taken back to be compared to Clash Royale. At the time I didn't bother replying because it was clear it was more like playing chess with a pigeon

19. Help I Cant Swim

Help I Cant Swim MVP

Except maxed T5 Legendary.... But I get your point.

This game has already lost it's "new-game appeal" in the app store and no change to the loot box structure will bring in enough new players to make Rovio the amount of money that they clearly want. They need to go the way of Angry Birds and make a second Battle Bay, but with more depth and much less P2W. More depth includes more game modes, a campaign, and maybe some sort of PVE "endless horde" mode.

20. TheEpicWarlord

TheEpicWarlord Active Member

I have played this game since about two weeks before global launch (i got it from an APK from APK Pure, i had played the game from about November 2016 on a amazon tablet using an APK). I still play it and i have not spent a cent on the game and i am pretty close to level 40 there are a lot of players in my league who have not spent a dime.

However i am gonna say i wish the economy was fixed primarily how expensive each weapon level is (lowering it significantly), and that they have 6 items in there shop that are whole items, as well as 6 parts/perks.

The other thing i would like to happen is that the matchmaking would be changed to take in Item Power, Ship mk (mainly for lower levels, i tried a new account and i fought mk 4 with a mk 1 at 300 infamy), and previous battle results. As well as performance changing how much infamy is gained or lost.

Last edited: 10 Jan 2018
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.