1. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Rebellion Guild Accepts....

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by MasterMind, 31 Dec 2017.

1. MasterMind

MasterMind Active Member

Rebellion/Evolution have agreed to a 5 on 5 guild war in custom battle.

We accept your challenge. (This makes it official)

We Also accept all members of the Battle bay community to our Rebellion/Revolt/Resistance discord which you can come to just hang out with the peope, Pick the brains of the best players in the game, Pick the Brains of the games elite yellow boat users, fixers, and shooters/defenders. Talk game strategy and so on. Also come and join in on custom battle fun (separate forum post on the way) or propose challenges for 5-on-5.
    Discord server link: https://discord.gg/nFzanR4 (hope this works properly)

For other challengers feel free to throw you hat in here too.

The proposed Rules for the 5-on-5 guild battles. (Not set in stone can be changed)
    Tried to make them as fair as possible and involve more then just 5 guild members.

- Best of 7 or 9. Home-Away-Home sequence alternating. Overall home field advantage is decided by guild ranks
    - Rounds 1-3-5-7-9 Home team (higher ranked) and Away team (lower ranked).
    - Rounds 2-4-6-8 Home team (lower ranked) and Away team (higher ranked).
    - Each round 3 players must be swapped.
    - No same player can be in for more than 2 rounds in a row must sit out at least 1 before going back in for another 2.
    - No limit on boats or weapons used. Anything goes.
    - Maps can be chosen. This is where home-field advantage comes in play. Home team choses a map in each battle, see few lines above to know who is home team when.
    + Can also do 4-4 home/away split with a random map or 3-3 with a random map depending on best of 7 or 9. Or let home team have advantage.
    - These guild battles must take place on a weekend when we can all have more available people.
    - Each guild can have 2 spectators, Grey Storm has volunteered his services to stream and will be streaming it all so he will be one of the 2 from Rebellion side, other side will get 2 members also. (Remember due to the way it is set up, we are limited to 5 spectators total).
    + Could also allow home team a 3rd spectator each round.
    + spectators would end up being spies due to their ability to view all boats right off the start bat. (So select a good spectator not a random)

Need some help from Devs:
    Custom Battles need a chat room of it's own. Currently Vip is what we use to talk about it.
    This will help us know which players to rotate in or out. So we can communicate better.
    Or allow multiple people to send invites. This should help eliminate some of the Flaws/Delays we would have.

Side note: someone post this on the Facebook group.

If your wondering why I won't do it: Dobson is upset at me because of the whole farming incident (yes you read that right because I farmed).... 3 months later I'm still banned from the FB group. Can one of you devs put lil dobby in his place and override his ban on me?

If you don't want to do it (due to facebook not being a part of the game/rovio) I have no issue creating a new page which I can assure will grow quickly considering that most of the people who post stuff that draw interest in that page is either a friend of mines, or in a guild of our alliance, or a friend of a person in our alliance.

Last edited: 1 Jan 2018
    @YSL, Ian, Eeyore and 2 others like this.
  2. Evilchicken235

Evilchicken235 Well-Known Member

CSIE Student
    Looks good! Been waiting for something like this for ages.
    But maybe there should be some ship limitations.
    Shooters/defenders won’t really stand a chance against 5 top yellow boats with proper organization. Especially with communication on discord. People will just play enforcer or speeder.

MasterMind likes this.
  3. MasterMind

MasterMind Active Member

Well how many guilds can throw that many yellow boats out there effectively? People have to rotate. Not everyone is a good yellow boat user. But until we have a legit battle of the elite guilds we won't know what changes to make, gonna have to be all trial and error bases for a couple of battles, then after that we can see what is tipping the scale.

Evilchicken235 and Aamos like this.
  4. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

This makes me want to see official tournament brackets in this game by league.

Evilchicken235 and Zachiderp like this.
  5. Gnu

Gnu Well-Known Member

Games
    Gg. Ok

6. MasterMind

MasterMind Active Member

Well we are taking the steps to set up a NCAA march madness style bracket, but we need to figure out all the rules and what not first through this.

Evilchicken235 likes this.
  7. Eeyore

Eeyore Well-Known Member

Hi buddy!

We from EVT will do this first and unique guild war in a soon future. I’ve talked on the phone with Grey today and he told my those rules you’ve exposed here. I’ve communicated our members about it and we are reviewing if they have anything to add. As soon as we are ready, I’ll let you guys know. It’s 2 hours to midnight to the new year here, most ppl travel and enjoy the Holiday, but it won’t take more than a week, i guess. If not this weekend, The next one on Saturday will be ok, as far as I’ve seen.

I believe that would be more interesting to always do a 5vs5 Match to give the chance of all mates to participate. We apreciate so much this unique and legendary moment! There have never been such thing in Battle Bay since the start of the game and we are the first ones to do - veterans on board! - but we might remember, this has nothing to do (for us) with reputation or who is better. We will be Able to face battles in a way that ppl never experienced before: Extreme team work - in voice coordination - chance to face legendary opponents at both team, all arranged.

Looking toward to join this war :)

8. MasterMind

MasterMind Active Member

Come into our discord, makes things easier to communicate lets plan for it in near future when we figure out who is all free at what times so we can find an optimal time to do it considering that people are spread all over the world in both of our guilds that we would like to use for help.

Nightmare Clan, Guardsmen, RNG and others where you at? Feel free to join this mayhem..

IF we get more interest from other top guilds, we can have a multi-series feature (depending on teams/guilds interested).
    Even those guilds with top heavy players who wanna participate we can figure something out and only use ur top 8-10 to keep things even for you guys.

Eeyore likes this.
  9. Eeyore

Eeyore Well-Known Member

I’m there in discord buddy!
    Most ppl here in Brazil don’t used it, but I’ve alresud recommended them to download it.

10. MasterMind

MasterMind Active Member

Was talking about joining the Alliance server in discord link is in main post, we can have a sided channel open to make things easier to organize this event. We can talk about times/days that would work and officialize everything. Blind guess would say the 13th/14th would be most idealistic to give everyone a chance to prepare and make time for at least 60-90 minutes.

Eeyore likes this.
  11. Eeyore

Eeyore Well-Known Member

Totally agree!

12. Captain Gilligan

Captain Gilligan Well-Known Member

Freelance Motion Designer
    A very good and well thought out guild war idea! Hopefully this can set the stage for a bunch of guild wars In BB. Also the spectator spies would be a great new aspect to the wars.

MasterMind and Eeyore like this.
  13. MasterMind

MasterMind Active Member

Well Bae watch can take over these wars in the future and set up a bracket challenge. (we can discuss full details another time)

Captain Gilligan likes this.
  14. Dobson

Dobson Member

Marketing Lead
    Hi Mastermind!

Just to clear things up I am in no way affiliated with the FB group BB world, nor can influence any ban in there any more than you can.
    As far as I know The Widow Maker and DMG Don moderate it. If you cannot access the group hope you can contact them somehow.

Many players in the guild alliance you are currently are my good friends too - so lets focus on the nice games to come!

You have some great ideas there - the one I most urgently feel too is the lack of Custom Match chatroom to connect with the
    fellow players but that can be solved with Discord.

I hope you or someone else posts them also to the BB world group!

Best,
    Dobs

15. MasterMind

MasterMind Active Member

Dmg Dom and Widow kept asking me to ask the other, then was told it was your decision. Widow said ask DMG, DMG says ask Widow, neither can tell me why at first, the I said dobson and farming and then they like ohh...

Anyways It's not that big of a deal. Just trying to help improve the game and defend myself when my name gets called out.

Looks like I'll be creating a friends of BB page where anyone is welcome.

Btw you said your not affiliated to the fb page? Lies when I was in there you were all over that thing unless your are not Oli. 26513165_1781092715265217_1150216784_o.png

Right after that I get no access to the FB page? cuz I responded to that? isn't calling someone out directly wrong? LOL move along young dobby, send me a Real Dev.

16. MasterMind

MasterMind Active Member

Anyways back to the real discussion, 5 v 5 guild wars.

17. Eeyore

Eeyore Well-Known Member

I have access to the Facebook page and Widow is my personal friend. Is there anything I can do to help ?

18. MasterMind

MasterMind Active Member

Get me unbanned from it, I was wrongfully banned in the first place.

19. Eeyore

Eeyore Well-Known Member

Hold on a second.

20. Eeyore

Eeyore Well-Known Member

Is your Facebook account also named MasterMind or its ur personal ?