1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Sick of abusers. But report button is just for show, nothing more.

Discussion in 'Offtopic' started by Flint, 29 Dec 2017.

1. Flint

Flint Well-Known Member

Hi All,

I think most of you have come across those people who spout abuse everyday in the chatrooms in the Bay. There are a couple of guys who post the most disgusting threads over and over again. I have tried to reason with these people, but they just enjoy themselves by harassing people. Or I think some are just yearning for attention. Whatever it is, these people spoil it for the rest of us!

And these people have been reported by so many people, but nothing happens. I have complained to support@rovio.com about it. Not that I am a snitch, but I even gave their names to Rovio, but nothing happens. All they do is apologise, but that is all they do.

I got so sick of these abusers that I stop visiting the chatrooms all together. Because blocking did not even work some of the times, or they just made a new account and started all over again.

So, is the report button only for show? Or don't the people at Rovio care what happens in their game?

All the best,
    Flintje

2. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

Hi from a fellow saltzoner. The problem is, some of them just keep making alt accounts to spread their slander all over the chats. I don't know where this stupid attitude comes from. Anyway, Rovio handles reports manually, but that is not enough for handling thousands of individual reports a day. Also, this alt account problem just makes it a headache to any dev/mod/support staff for handling a complaint.

For now, fair winds and block buttons! xD.

-TheAntiSnipe/5.56x45 NATO

The Otherguy and Mr. Chompers like this.
  3. Epekka

Epekka Well-Known Member

This reminds me of Deigolazo~1, 2, 3, and so on. Luckly, he is gone now :)

I feel you.

The Otherguy likes this.
  4. Babablacksheep

Babablacksheep Well-Known Member

Some special cases need to be permanent IP blocked,you know who i'm talking about(i can name send three accounts with TAG).please send those specific account details to dev,the amount of profanity they use is beyond limits.And also this thread should be in general discussion to get attention

Biggest lie,i write reports with every specifics the person says.Every day,not banned..

NOPE! you think block solves everything,it doesn't..

5. TheAntiSnipe

I understand that the block button doesn't solve everything LOL. Also, I think we are both people who blocked AND reported THAT person with description. Anyway, yes, the reports are taken seriously, but that's about the only consolation I can give:( we both hate saltzone.

6. Babablacksheep

Babablacksheep Well-Known Member

can i ask devs?mods to look at chill zone chat in game. CURRENTLY,its populated with those people

7. ~CanadianGoddess~

~CanadianGoddess~ Member

This dog thing though!
    ( But It’s nothing compared to what was happening before, and I wouldn’t post that.)

TheAntiSnipe and Babablacksheep like this.
  8. TheAntiSnipe

I'd delete the image if i were you, but YES. This is the exact person me and blacksheep were talking about, I'm sure.

Deleted :)

Last edited by a moderator: 30 Dec 2017
    ~CanadianGoddess~ likes this.
  9. Flint

Flint Well-Known Member

Hi Guys,

Thanks for your replies! We all talk about the same person, the one who uses multiple names. With one the account he plays the senstive person, mr nice guy. But it is one and the same. I think he uses two telephones at once, because he was talking to himself at one point. It was easy to see, because he uses the same language and makes the same mistakes in his grammar.

I tried to reason with him, but to no avail, sadly. So, did some of you and Armedto.. as well. I have reported him so many times, even wrote to support@rovio.com. They apologised, but did not act.

So, what else can we do? I blocked several of his accounts, but today he came back with the one I blocked. So, blocking is not watertight. And this Dutch guy Stoom... who was in a fight with him, pointed out to him that he just alters one letter with his new account, so it looks the same, but it is slightly different. I checked and he was right.

He said Stoom...(am I allowed to use full names here?) was Sid... or Looseaf..with VPN, but I doubt that. Because he knew Dutch, don't think they speak one word of it.

Best wishes,

Flintje

10. Kitterini

Kitterini Well-Known Member

Find an active guild where people talk to eachother (makes it alot easier to just ignore the global chats).

But you are right, the report button doesnt seem to do much.

Mr. Chompers and TheAntiSnipe like this.
  11. Snapshot

Snapshot Well-Known Member

Heh, not me. Somewhere around 15 years ago I stopped looking at almost all chat in any game but most especially global chat. I suppose it'd be handy to check in in case I needed some new juvenile anatomy jokes but other than that, what's in global chat in ANY game that I want to hear? In battlebay I'm happy to chat over the barrel of a canon.

TheAntiSnipe, Epekka and Mr. Chompers like this.