1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Battle Bay makes me Angr-... Unhappy

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Zachiderp, 26 Dec 2017.

1. Zachiderp

Zachiderp Well-Known Member

Ok so I rejoined the bay and after a few days I see once again the reason why i quit.

Matchmaking: Players with overleveled weapons (compared to mine) sinking me instantly
    Weapons:
    Mortar spam is rediculous and too many maps support them. They should be slower at lower levels and faster at higher levels to scale with ship spees
    Torpedoes are a mixup for me. Swift torp and Tri torp are ok with me but BIG TORPS. When i get hit by a big torp I lose ATLEAST 1/4 of my 4000 hp instantly making me a target since I'll usually be left with the lowest HP on my team. It also aggrivates me when a blind big torp shot not only hits me but also my teammate dealing crap tons to us both. A fix could be that torps do less damage the farther it travels (Like a reverse railgun) to the point where it sinks. So NO MORE BLIND SHOTS HITTING ME SO DANG HARD. They should also have area damage reduced greatly (Like they did with explosive cannon) BUT! bring back frost. Players hit by torps mortars and fire items instantly lose frost. Anything else reduces frost effect by 10-30%per hit.
    SNIPER: GOD THIS WEAPON IS SO- ok so sniper is too viable as a 1 slot weapon. Its more BS than a big torp. For a 1 slot weapon it can deal so much damage from crit chance. NERF THE DAMAGE OR CRIT CHANCE PLEASE! It has the longest range and high damage.

Last and most definetly most enraging... RNG: I WILL TEAR APART THE PERSON WHO CA- ok so the rng in the game is beyond my own amazement. It has so much rng that the basis of progression in this GAME (gear) is RNG! Want to use a certain weapon? Beg on your knees and pray to RNGESUS cuz he's a cruel monster. I could go on for hours about this but let me say how it can be fixed
    1. Allow lower weapons to be converted to higher weapons. 5 common dupes -> Uncommon. 10 UC dupes -> rare. 5-10 rare dupes-> Epic. 5 Epic Dupes -> Legendary
    2. More customizable weapons
    Refer to https://forum.battlebay.net/threads/weapon-rework.15318/
    3. Remove legendaey draw and instead allow players to chose the reward they want at the end of the guild war depending on their rank. 1st gets to chose 1 epic item and 1 legendary piece. 2nd Place gets 1 rare item and 1 legendary piece. 3rd 1 rare item and 1 epic piece. 4th 1 epic piece and any rarity parts. 5 4 rare pieces and any rarity parts. 6th 2 Rare pieces and any rarity pieces

That concludes my (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

2. TheFixer27

TheFixer27 Well-Known Member

A boat
    Shoud've say this in suggestion and ideas section

3. Zachiderp

But then no one would see it

4. TheFixer27

TheFixer27 Well-Known Member

A boat
    Oh yeah I completely forgot that community idea take years to implement

5. Kalbs

Kalbs Well-Known Member

Lmao. Didn't read the rest after this

Captain Gilligan and Disguised like this.
  6. Disguised

Disguised Well-Known Member

Umm, only big torps please. My reason is that they are too heavy to stay afloat (big == heavy; get it?).
    A bit too cheap. More like:
    10 common dupes -> Uncommon. 15 UC dupes -> rare. 10 rare dupes-> Epic. 10 epic Dupes -> Legendary

7. Zachiderp

ok I'm fine with that

8. Zachiderp

why? matchmaking is ok but It aggrivates me that players with such high level weapons are at wuch a low infamy when people with the same tier weapons are higher.

ThatOnion likes this.
  9. Earel

Earel Active Member

There isn't any profit for Rovio > so , forgot this.

Rokstrmahesh likes this.
  10. Zachiderp

Theres no harm in trying

Mr. Chompers likes this.
  11. Ian

Ian Well-Known Member

Student
    Matchmaking is fine, nothing you can do if somebody wants to stay low infamy with good gear.

A load out with a bunch of mortars seems op, but it's not. Never seen those people get to a very high infamy relative to their gear, usually it's the cannons/firebomb.

Try using big torpedo and then tell me whether it's op or not. Once you're more experienced only the torpedos that you don't see coming due to waves covering the torp at just the right time, and the ones sent in from close range will hit you. The other 80% of torps shot will not. They also cannot focus fire very well, just dish out damage. (Similar to mortar's weakness).

Sniper is a top tier weapon, and there have been talks already to change it a little. I don't think they wanted to do it right before Christmas and make people mad lol. But personally I think it only deserves a very slight nerf. (I don't use one either, and play speeder)

RNG is in many online games, and it's how the company makes their bread. If you can't handle that then sorry, but what RNG is at least good for is creating weapon diversity and variance.

Good luck man, I understand your frustrations but I hope you can still find fun in the bay!

Tmfh67401 likes this.
  12. Zachiderp

I have used a big torp before and loaded it with speed perks. I was destroying poor ships in my range and punishig those close to walls and clumped up. Mortars are very good at my level since ships are still quite slot and closing in on a mortsr player makes you a target to the entire enemy team and since so many maps support mortar play, its difficult to engage with the spammer. I don't see the fun in the game anymore. RNG is ok in games but this amount is just inflated to the fact that its unbearable for me

GoreSnorkle likes this.
  13. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

Why not just use all these weapons you consider OP rather than complaining about others' use of them? If it's a matter of leveling, that's just a time thing.

14. Zachiderp

Because they'll probably recieve a nerf eventually. I can't swap back to them since i don't have enough duplicates for them to be on par with the rest of the gear I have equipped

15. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

You'll get more over time to allow you to swap back to them. I'd recommend a bigger inventory to avoid this type of situation in the future.

16. Zachiderp

yea... My inventory is reaching near max XD

17. Killerduck

Killerduck Member

I use big torp, s
    Really I use two motars and two torps and I wish more people used that setup then we’d actually win. I get a lot of damage

18. Tmfh67401

Tmfh67401 Member

I wish more people would use just torps and morters too! So I can get close and pound them with cannons. ;)

19. WarCream

WarCream Well-Known Member

ITS fair collecting 10 rares is hard af
    k

Zachiderp likes this.
  20. Snapshot

Snapshot Well-Known Member

LOL, I run 3 canons and a long range mortar. I LOVE snuggling up to those mortar/mine/torp boats.

Tmfh67401 likes this.