1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

16,000 Battles & Can't Compete!!!

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Jamel H., 26 Dec 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jamel H.

Jamel H. Active Member

Thank you very much!

2. Jamel H.

Jamel H. Active Member

Who would play a game for 7 months and not watch ads for the bonus, not open all available crates, and then complain? That would be purely stupid. Apparently you think I'm stupid or, I perhaps I suck and don't realize it.

Yes, Im in a guild and we have 12 wins and 1 third place finish so far.

No, I do not use all mortars.

What makes my OP a rant? Quite frankly, I find you to be a bit rude.

Last edited: 27 Dec 2017
  3. Jamel H.

Jamel H. Active Member

Here is more info...

Attached Files:

4. Jamel H.

Jamel H. Active Member

Sorry... I don't know how that one image got mixed in. Here's more of a my inventory.

Attached Files:

5. Eeyore

Eeyore Well-Known Member

753FC700-D868-4CE6-9E20-CFCEC07AC1D6.png @Jamel H.

I feel you buddy. After two years playing this game, 20k battles, I’ve only had one legendary item. Was a tri torp, which I don’t use and I’ve scraped. My legendary parts aren’t far from yours, I’ve got just a few like you.

Problem is, the Battle Bay before this version - the parts and cells one - was much more fun. You could easely get your items since the store selled items every 5 hours. We use to had the commun, uncommon, rare and epic star boxes in the store. So you would have certainly an epic or rare item depending on it.
    And plus: legendaires WERE legends. You didn’t see tons of people arround using them, acctualy, NO ONE had it, EVEN PAYING. They were very hard to get. Tiers were only until T3, and very hard to upgrade to it, since you needed 3 T2 to upgrade to T3. So battlers engaged could achieve it.

I think that at this part, the game have lost his essence. Turned out to be something profitable, which we can’t argue elso, since Rovio is a Bussiness. But, the problem is that they overwhelmed that idea so much that the game turned into the “p2w” culture. None of us - the old school players - ever had any reward for time playing, battle numbers, hours online or anything. Yes, it’s very frustrating.

The only thing that keeps me getting online are the friends that I’ve made there and my guild.

@Uerguy @The Otherguy @TheAntiSnipe @P0rthos @MedicAhrmlad @Percy @Babablacksheep @Ragnarog - Thank you so much!

6. GoreSnorkle

GoreSnorkle Active Member

Agreed. Give them a green box for Master, a blue box for Ace, and a Big Box for Nightmare. I know its a lot but NML is (and should be) a huge milestone in the game.

TheAntiSnipe and Jamel H. like this.
  7. Jamel H.

Jamel H. Active Member

Thank you Eeyore for that input. That was very informative for me. Just like you, the reason I've continued to play is due to the people that I've met and my guildmates. Thanks again for your input!

Eeyore likes this.
  8. Cpt Obvious

Cpt Obvious Well-Known Member

That actually looks like a pretty decent setup, seems nightmare viable.
    Especially when you unlock T5 cannons in what I assume only a few trainings (go over capacity using quest sugar).

You'll most likely be able to a build a T5 epic swift in a little while, that's awesome!

I would personally do some small changes, but that could just be because of personal play style:
    You have a sweet firebomb, swap it for one of the mortars and grab some burn perks for that ex-cannon.
    A T5R ex-cannon will hit for ~1500 on a burning target.
    I would also swap those crit dmg perks for sniper crit chance perks if you can find them.

You have the most insane defence I've ever seen on a shooter, 82 is impressive!
    I havn't done the math, but I would guess HP perks still might be better - don't know for sure.

Crashedup and Jamel H. like this.
  9. Jamel H.

Jamel H. Active Member

Thank you Cpt Obvious for your productive feedback. I too thought I had a decent setup. I truly respect the suggestion that you made too, regarding the fire bomb and the fire perks for a cannon. However, I didn't figure that out until after playing for quite a while. I would like to try that, but the fire perks have been hard to find for me.

I envy your setup, because I just found my first epic turbo last week. I also just found my first epic big shield the week before that. It just seems like some people find the best items after just a few months of play, while others dont find these items until 7 months in, like myself. To me that creates tons of frustration, because this is 100% out of my control.

Thanks again for your help.... much appreciated!

10. The Otherguy

The Otherguy Well-Known Member

Tech support
    Your welcome, its great practice. I'll win vs you someday. :D

Eeyore and Jamel H. like this.
  11. Jamel H.

Jamel H. Active Member

Hahaha.... Also, I need to make a correction. It is your setup that I envy with the epic big shield and the epic turbo!

12. Kraptastic

Kraptastic Active Member

Sales
    Don't give up on those commons and uncommons. I've received 6 Legendary pieces from scrapping free items.

13. Cpt Obvious

For me it's been turbo perks, I've been using uncommon perks up until recently. :)
    Now i finally got 1 epic and 2 rare perks for my rare turbo :)

I've been lucky enough to collect a T5 epic mine, and since yesterday - a T5 epic sniper (used the 3000 pearl for 1/3 chance box - and bingo!) - took me since May to now (I've bought a couple of chests using pearl diver). There are however items that's been able to completely evade me - I've only found one epic rail gun :)

Spirit of a (mostly) F2P battle bay probably have to be to make the best you can out of the items you find - and not the items you wish you found.
    There are many viable setups out there, especially for a shooter.

The Otherguy and Jamel H. like this.
  14. Jamel H.

Jamel H. Active Member

You're probably right. I'm about 2 training sessions away from T5 cannons. That would probably make a huge difference. I will definitely use pearls to go over the sugar capacity. With 4 or 5 days training time, I guess I will reach T5 in about 10 - 12 days or so. I guess I'm frustrated because I've never really played a game where so much is out of your control. I'm kind of glad they're cracking down on the loot box strategy. If I were a P2W player, it would tick me off to buy a chest and get everything but I what I hoped for after spending my money. Thats a really shady practice in my opinion. Oh well.... didnt mean to stray off topic. Congrats on your latest finds. Thats awesome. I've been waiting so long for my 3rd epic sniper, that I forgot I had an epic sniper.....lol

15. Eeyore

Eeyore Well-Known Member

Have no doubt !

The Otherguy likes this.
  16. Cpt Obvious

The levels around 40-41 unlocks a ton of equipment. You'll soon have T5 cannons, T5 turbo, T5 plates. I think you'll see big improvements soon.
    I'm lvl 41 now, and managed to unlock T5 cannons, T5 plate, T5 mines and T5 turbo - using overflow sugar from quest (you know how to do that, right?) and pearls for the rest.

The Otherguy likes this.
  17. Jamel H.

Jamel H. Active Member

Cpt Obvious, can you elaborate on "using overflow of sugar from quest"? Thanks.

18. Cpt Obvious

Sure thing!
    Let's say your sugar capacity is 1.600.000,
    Do a personal sugar quest, but don't claim it - the best ones are worth ~200.000 sugar.
    Buy a common item from the store, upgrade it one level (requires 5000 sugar).
    You now have 1.595.000 sugar.. claim your quest (+200.000) - your sugar now overflows and you have 1.795.000 sugar available - you've gone over capacity!.
    Now suddenly training requiring 1900k or even 2000k sugar is within reach if you pearl the rest.

Jamel H. likes this.
  19. Jamel H.

Jamel H. Active Member

No way! I didn't know I could do that. I have sugar that's waiting to be claimed right now! I did not know that I could go over capacity! About to try it right now.

vis1234567899 likes this.
  20. vis1234567899

vis1234567899 Well-Known Member

isnt an common item 500 sugar lol

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.