1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

(*FIXER'S UNION*)

Discussion in 'Strategy Discussion' started by Gamesmith420, 8 May 2017.

?

Will fixers ever receive compensation for a job well done? And do you think they should?

Poll closed 18 May 2017.
  1. Yes

68.7%
  2. Maybe? Should definitely be considered!

28.9%
  3. No

2.4%
  1. HeroicBubbles

HeroicBubbles Active Member

Fixer strategy: it's basically been said by Bennuanator and other before:

When the match is set make sure you pay attention to the start screen. This is important because you want to pick out the highest infamy shooter(s) (sometimes defenders or rarely enforcers) and follow them!

-Defenders are slow and if you follow them you may miss too much of the battle. A lot of times they like to hit the battle hard from the flanks after the action has started to turn the tide so their positioning may not be ideal for healing as well.
    -Speeders and Enforcers like to zoom in and out of the enemy lines early game and you probably shouldn't be following them if they are doing so.

If you miss the start screen at the top of your battle screen from right to left are your friend boats in infamy order. Follow the boat on the right and make sure they are kept alive as they will probably do the most damage and have the most health. They will protect you best as well as enemies are less likely to come near them. Try to heal everyone but your main priority is this boat.

Of course every battle and situation is different and you have to adjust on the fly according to your judgement but I still follow this strategy today at 2500 infamy.

Mr squiqqle and Greydone like this.
  2. WAYAW

WAYAW New Member

For fixers,please dont think that you're a shooter or speeder. Dont be a suicidal 1v5 fixer,stay with the enforcer,shooter and defender. Me and they will protect you.
    Also don't follow the speeder,cause they're goddamn fast and (maybe) you can't keep up with them.

3. Kitterini

Kitterini Well-Known Member

Fixed it for you :)
    Solid general advice!

4. rlxgenerate

rlxgenerate Active Member

why not?? Isn't this game about being Rambo???

Captain Parguya likes this.
  5. WAYAW

WAYAW New Member

If you are goddamn good at playing fixer and know how to do it,maybe it's okay.
    But what makes me mad is that alot of new player that just got into fixer,they think that they can kill em all,they're striving for damage and kill. And run across the map to do that and they got killed early.

6. rlxgenerate

Every learned skill took time. With time came nurturing. With nurturing came maturity. Maturity breeds new life...and the cycle repeats. Let's help the young fixers learn how to play well and they'll come to appreciate this class of ship.

7. WAYAW

WAYAW New Member

Thx,nice to have a conversation with you.
    Love your vids!

rlxgenerate likes this.
  8. rlxgenerate

:):)Thank @WAYAW ...Appreciate the shout out. I'm working on more videos...just need to siphon out the bad matches...

9. Totoro

Totoro Active Member

Tree Spirit
    And don't chase the kamikaze guy or speeder. A lot of times you can spot a pack of shooters and defenders. Stick with them.

10. KnightOfZ

KnightOfZ Member

Question:
    Is the max % for critical repair only 15%?
    Meaning are talents the only way to increase crit heal, or is there perks or a base crit chance on repair box launcher?

11. lolawola

lolawola Active Member

had a mk3 fixer on my team today who was running pulse and "duct tape" (lol what a jackass). i came to him with 200hp left to get some health boost and jump back into the action, and literally had to wait next to him the entire 15s cooldown to heal me.
    obviously we lost at end with 2 enemy still standing...
    there needs to be a warning and a security question, when trying to equip duct tape.
    "are you sure?"... "yes!"... "really?!"... "yes!"... "god, have mercy on your team!"... and then his game should crash and uninstall itself...

rlxgenerate and HeWhoHasCake like this.
  12. Whistler

Whistler Active Member

Wow, the last time I checked the union it was just 3 pages long, it really grew fast!

I believe the duct tape should get a rework, maybe something like giving a BIG amount of health total, like more than half the ships health, but give it a great cooldown on everything, kind of like a heavys sanvich in TF2. This would let an almost dead fixer retreat to safety while the rest of the team distracts the enemy to come back safely again to keep fixing. 15 seconds without a fixer is best than the rest of the battle without a fixer.

13. HeWhoHasCake

HeWhoHasCake New Member

This already happens, fixers get a star bonus when they are competent.

14. HeWhoHasCake

HeWhoHasCake New Member

Agreed, duct tape is by far the worst item in the game. A self healing item usable only by a team healer? Definite nope in game development...

15. Kitterini

Kitterini Well-Known Member

So much hating on good old Duct Tape today :)

Sure it doesn't serve much purpose at mk5/6 (was teamed up with a double Duct Tape mk5 Fixer today!) - But you guys try playing a mk4 Fixer in games with nightmare players; have fun surviving without an easy to use selfheal. A dead Fixer ain't fixing nobody!
    It's a fine item at lower levels where the baboons on your team are practically impossible to heal anyway.

More green items to choose from would be great though - A viable alternative/supplement to Repair Pulse in the [2] slot would be cool.

16. Whistler

Whistler Active Member

I do like the concept of the duct tape, healers are generally the first class to be targeted in any game and always need mechanics to stay alive longer, but it's never going to be my first choice for a random matchup where I don't know how my teammates are going to play.

It could work with the right strategy, like a speeder heavy one where you roam around the map a bit placing boxes for them in strategic places before retreating to the protection of a defender or enforcer you'll be pocketing the rest of the time. This would require you to be alone a lot of the time, so self healing along with a good use of nitro really becomes a necessity.

This is not so good with the most general strategy that is stay together, shoot all the same guy at once, decrease their numbers fast.

17. rlxgenerate

I find duct tape very...selfish...
    But after reading some comments and thinking back on tons of gameplay...having the ability to overboost out and heal and have a chance to draw or win a match without having to "throw" boxes and heal...I see the point in duct tape. Survival.
    But when players "run" away from a healer, it's frustrating...
    Well said about the duct tape though. Well said.

Lestiveryn likes this.
  18. Mr squiqqle

Mr squiqqle Well-Known Member

I don't really get it, but maybe it's just me... I've NEVER uses duct tape. Never will. And I got up to 3200 infamy, and I matches against the likes of Christmas, Black tail, and porthos, without using it. Ifeel it is just selfish, and I rage when I'm on a team and die, only to see the other fixer merrily trundling around with full health because they have duct tape... I found if I played smart enough, and fast enough, and didn't go into the thick of a firefight, then I could survive quite well. BUT this is only MY experience, and MY opinion. I can see it from others'point of view. And if that's the build they want to use that is their choice. I just want us fixers to know there are options, and that duct tape is not necessary. And if the other team decided to focus on the fixer then no amount of duct tape will save you... But having that extra pulse or box launcher MAY just save your team enough for the win....

19. aaaxxd

aaaxxd Member

I've also been wondering if duct tapes are of any use. It is a pretty stupid item as it is, and needs either a major buffing or a complete rework.

An item that automatically targets and heals lowest hp player could be extremely useful on the other hand. If my line of sight is toward enemies or chasing the main group, it isn't exactly easy to assess the health of distant players (or those behind), let alone help them.

HeWhoHasCake likes this.
  20. HeWhoHasCake

HeWhoHasCake New Member

Good idea, I have another: How about something like the repair box launcher, but it healed a PERCENTAGE. That would be much more effective on, say, a defender, than the current repair box launcher.