1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Matchmaking (or the lack thereof)

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by hypurr, 25 May 2017.

1. Whistler

Whistler Active Member

Infamy is not good at measuring skill, but it's also not trying to. The idea is to balance skill and levels, this is not solely a skill game and it follows a model that allows people who don't get very good to still enjoy the game and feel progress. The infamy system is not broken at all, it just works differently than what most of the people here in this thread would like it to work.

It would be nice to eventually get another mode that solely favours skill to find the best players and to see how my raw skill compares to others, but let's wait for the game to get a bigger playerbase first.

hypurr likes this.
  2. Anomalix

Anomalix Member

close but ide go skill 10% lol

3. Annoyed customer

Annoyed customer New Member

The matchmaking is aweful i keep getting put on teams that splinter apart and run straight at the first enemy they can find only to get destroyed by the entire team that stayed and worked together to destroy him/her in moments. game after game my infamy is going down while im the last man alive on my team and have out scored my whole team combined. it is absolutely not a good match making system. This company is doing what all corporations with a good game idea do they half ass things once the money starts rolling in. Matchmaking in this game is so flawed at the moment and judging by the responses i've seen from the company they jave zero intentions of improving it. Don't waste anymore of your money on this game that could have been great but is handicapped by the lack of developement past making it look good. If your spot on the leaderboard known as your infamy is dictated by the rng matchmaking that clearly doesn't work then it's safe to say the game is shit and is going to die offwhen everyone gets sick of the bullshit. Try and have fun but i assure you in the end this game is just a frustrating waste of time as opposed to a fun waste of time.

Verb likes this.
  4. Anomalix

Anomalix Member

you and healer squad could've won that match by yourselves lol :D

5. Stelmo

Stelmo Well-Known Member

Haha, not so sure. That's a brand new shiny mk5 with little weapons there, I think I'd (finally) just hit level 29. Healer Squad is still in a mk4. Was the unnerfed tritorps saved the day:)

6. hypurr

hypurr New Member

Shall I share some screenshots of my findings recently? I think I've got a good load of evidence for everyone blowing their top in the thread haha

7. Mamamyers

Mamamyers Well-Known Member

Loser
    Although sometimes the matchmaking will have the other team have two fixers and us have none which makes it kind of unfair

8. Stelmo

Stelmo Well-Known Member

You just need a different strategy, storm the castle man. Hit hard and fast, together. They won't be able to do a thing.

HeroicBubbles and Anomalix like this.
  9. hypurr

hypurr New Member

Those are three of the rather good matches I've played.

Not too pleased.

Attached Files:

10. monobrow

monobrow Well-Known Member

Yep, there is a serious problem here and I have to admit, it is unlikely to be solved.

The problem is that you aren't listening to anything anyone is telling you.
    There is nothing wrong with that match up.
    As said 1000000000 times. Its infamy based, not ship or gear or captain based.
    INFAMY

And that matchup is perfectly fine based on INFAMY

Miathan likes this.
  11. rlxgenerate

rlxgenerate Active Member

So, based on the matchup's that I have calculated...It appears that there is >200 infamy TOTAL between the 2 teams. Also, from what I've witnessed, most match ups try to keep the "specific ship" balanced as well. i.e. - all shooters, 1 fixer on both teams, shooter/defender only...etc.

I say we stick with the Hearthstone method...
    25 Ranks...25-21 = 2 wins to advance...loses don't lose stars
    20-15 = 3 wins to advance to next rank. Loss = lose a star
    14-6 = 4 wins to next rank. Loss = lose a star
    5-1 = 5 wins. Loss = lose a star.
    Past 1...legendary...fight it out to see who's #1...

Then have a fun mode to practice builds w/ nothing on the line but gold/sugar. No stars.

Last edited: 25 May 2017
  12. LameAdmins

LameAdmins New Member

if programers build a unfair matchmake and cant handle it fair about 1,5 years and a lot of users told them whats going wrong and they dont change. does that mean the programers cant understand?
    a few examples:
    1. best and second best infamy players in a match plays in the same team. why? so. the noob programed matchmake try to fix the teams with puting lower infamy players in the team from the 2 best. BUT Who cares? the 2 best gamers can own 5 enemys alone... thats the first brain noobing. why not: best player in team A second best player in team B.
    2. the best and the second in same team, you think the other 3 are lower? nope. not with battle bay builders. they put the 2 best in same team and the 3 others in team are mk6... yeeaaah with lower infamy but they are mk6....
    3.so you play the game vs. the 2 best in match and vs 3 mk6 low infamys. your team are 4 mk5 and ships about 3k hp. soo the best 2, running to you and in there back are mk6 ships with 7k hp. you turn around and your team is 3k hp. 2.5k hp. 3.5k hp ....
    Thats the most time!
    this matchmake is a shame for a algorithm.
    4.brilliant they cant handle a fair matchmake since 1,5 years
    but 5. they build a fleet system. brilliant now its official noobing.
    now its official that the best players plays all the time together. you think that matchmake can handle it now? nope. not with battle bay builders. i saw in a lot of games how 2, 4k infamy players play together and there enemy team has 1000-2000 lower infamy. yeeeah it was noob matchmaking, now its pure shit of matchmaking
    a unfair fleet system. Good Builders would disable this shit if its not fair working.
    but this is battlebay and still running. no time to fix the problems. but enough to design new paytowin boxes
    GOOOOD JOB BATTLE BAY.

Last edited: 26 May 2017
    D3X and Anomalix like this.
  13. behumble

behumble Well-Known Member

This is why most people have a 50% win ratio. You arent going to keep on going up if you have a good strategy, and are a good player. You reach a ceiling where you will need to upgrade ship and weapons. It is really annoying. I want it to be where you do get paired up with players based on things like what kind of ship and weapons they have. But then the game would not make much money would it?

D3X and hypurr like this.
  14. SharkTank

SharkTank Active Member

^ Exactly right. This game is rigged to ensure everyone is around a 55% win rate. It doesn't matter how good or bad you are, it only matters how active you are.

This game desperately needs to have MM based on weapon loadout and skill - and not infamy, which is nearly guraranteed to be a 50/50 win rate - regardless of how good or bad you are.

15. hypurr

hypurr New Member

It's obviously not our fault you can't read the rest of the thread. Let me reiterate.

-The matchmaking should place you fairly regardless of the infamy you are in
    -as said earlier, this is why the highest win ratios are 57% (since you just get booted down)
    -dropping down is just a hassle and it forces you to gain a ton within not a whole lot of time during seasons (besides, I'm not grinding resources)

Hopefully you actually read the post this time instead of saying the same incorrect thing three. :)

16. rlxgenerate

57% isn't the highest. Skill can get you to a decent infamy. I agree that it needs to be changed but my buddy is proving the system wrong. Screenshot_20170529-094048.png

17. monobrow

monobrow Well-Known Member

That's because there is no "system" or global conspiracy to keep people at a win rate.

Give any of the top 10 players a new account, 14k pearls and see what happens.

90%+ guaranteed

Until they get till when their skill < gear, which is about 1500 infamy

18. Toxic4

Toxic4 New Member

I
    I think it could use some looking into but honestly it's gunna be that way don't matter what MK they are if hey can't shoot good

19. rlxgenerate

He doesn't spend money on this game and primarily runs a fixer. He just plays smart and draws when he needs to and know how to play the game well.

And to your point, a lot of the top 10 top 20 players have made alt new accounts and are doing just fine. 14k pearls wouldn't really matter just starting out. Gear only gets you so far...you've got to know how to use it.
    In the end, skill will always prevail over gear.

20. D3X

D3X Well-Known Member

Not true, skill can prevail, but when you reach a certain respectabinfamy and you face players that have much better gear than you, and their skill maybe a slightly less than you, you will still lose regardless.

hypurr and TheRedSpeeder like this.