1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Upgrading ships actually decreasing stats?

Discussion in 'Strategy Discussion' started by StarBurstX, 10 May 2017.

1. StarBurstX

StarBurstX New Member

Why does speed, ship agility, and turret agility go down when upgrading to mk2?

2. Brizo

Brizo Active Member

Bigger, heavier ships :)

Gillion likes this.
  3. StarBurstX

StarBurstX New Member

That makes sense. Though on something like the speeder, why would I want to go slower?

4. Mr squiqqle

Mr squiqqle Well-Known Member

Because you are opening more item slots, technically the extra items would be heavier and slow your boat down, but with extra items, more options for items to increase your stats, so it's a bit of a trade off..

TheRedSpeeder likes this.
  5. Anomalix

Anomalix Member

I don't care what mr squiggle said, I and the rest of the gaming community find it ridiculous that you would lose stats when upgrading a character(ship)...It's like these guys never played a game before besides their lil flip the bird thingy.

lolawola likes this.
  6. mammoth1946

mammoth1946 Active Member

thats makes this game more realistic & unique.

7. Kitterini

Kitterini Well-Known Member

The loss of stats is more than made up for by the talents from crew & better items.
    ---
    More than anything the high values on low mk ships are there to ensure that low level games aren't superslow & incredibly boring.

TheRedSpeeder and Mr squiqqle like this.
  8. Zeus

Zeus Developer

QA Lead
    @Anomalix do mind your tone in future posts.

9. rlxgenerate

rlxgenerate Active Member

what Zeus said...
    Now, besides the rant...
    Would you want a canoe or a yacht?? Obviously the yacht. More options, more people to take aboard, bigger engines...but like mentioned before, bigger means slower INITIALLY...
    But with your crew and higher quality equipment, it'll quickly boost the stats of mk2,3,4, etc. Don't look at it as a hindrance, look at the POTENTIAL that can come from upgrading your ships.
    Hope that helps Anomalix and StarBurst

Raunak, TheRedSpeeder and Mr squiqqle like this.
  10. KnightOfZ

KnightOfZ Member

It's not so bad since every ships stats gets lowered, so in that sense it is fair. I like it honestly, like previously mentioned it feels more realistic then most games where they can fit just about a crap ton of anything in their pocket and not be bothered.

11. rlxgenerate

rlxgenerate Active Member

I like that the dev's are thinking as realistically as possible to keep the game physics relatively on point...I like it.

Lestiveryn and mammoth1946 like this.
  12. Epekka

Epekka Well-Known Member

You wil learn that speed isn't everything sonner than later. But you can still use a turbo

13. Whistler

Whistler Active Member

This nerf to stuff when leveling up is actually something that many games do, but most are quieter about it. This is so that the game is more forgiving on mistakes during the early game, favouring skill even more as the game advances.

An example would be Clash Royale. As you level up the towers stats escalate less than than cards, being able to tank more shots and shooting harder at lower levels and being more fragile at higher levels, forcing players to play cards more intelligently to avoid damage.

TheFixer27 and Epekka like this.
  14. Epekka

Epekka Well-Known Member

well said, well said.

15. Totoro

Totoro Active Member

Tree Spirit
    Having played World of Tanks, I just expected something bigger and heavier to suffer some degradation in stats. If you know tank mechanics, you understand there is a cost to size and more armor. It translates to ships too, and it is cool that they adopted this in game.

16. GuerrillaPvP

GuerrillaPvP Active Member

It's realistic and DIFFERENT which is something game developers need lately, and they've done a great job of it.

17. Gallo_Rex

Gallo_Rex Member

I still think that by mk6 my ship should be able to teleport, and smell like cherries. Too much to ask?!

GuerrillaPvP likes this.