1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

The P2W (and Loot Box) Reckoning

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Jammo, 5 Dec 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zachiderp

Zachiderp Well-Known Member

I wish mobile games would learn from good pc games like Battlerite or (maybe) League of Legends. In those games it's mostly skill with the only things you pay for are cosmetics. Mobile games would be booming since there are more people using Phones than PC.

2. tonberryking98

tonberryking98 Active Member

Just adding in a couple of items regularly could be a good method for them to buff the ships that are deemed weaker than others *cough* enforcers *cough* as the items themselves would need their own crew members. And crew members always add to one specific ship (+3% enforcer speed, for example)

3. Zachiderp

I think there should be less weapons, but have skill trees so that you can build them the way you want. Like Standard cannon blast cannon sniper cannon explosive cannon and carronade should just be the standard cannon at the start of the game but then have a training tree to become that item. Like Increase damage but increase cooldown (to have high damage like blast cannon) or increase projectiles per shot but decrease range for carronade and etc. And big improvements like splash damage upon shot would make the weapon 2 slots for explosive cannon. The other weapons would be mortars (grenades(here or incendiary), mortar, long-range mortar, ballpark mortar, missiles and big berta), torpedoes (swift, triple, and big torpedoes), Incendiary weapons (firebomb, flare gun, napalm launcher) and railgun and mines will be their own categories

4. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

We need more weapons like railgun that fire in a straight line

5. Zachiderp

But more weapons decreases the chances of getting what you want, but another weapon like railgun would be cool...

6. TheAntiSnipe

Dude, do you really think weapons acquired are totally random? Also, this is getting old. "Before new weapons, balance existing ones, RNG will break it, etc, etc, etc." Let the devs do their jobs, and we keep suggesting. Something like a plasma beam would be a great addition to the railgun club. Also, a portal would make a great 2 slot minelike yellow. It would nerf speeders a little.

7. Zachiderp

Weapons acquired are totally random. I was just saying that a new weapon would just slightly lower the chance of you getting a different item due to the fact that there is another chance at getting a different item. I wouldn't mind new items but the problem is if you already had a fully updgraded set up, it would coststons to try the new weapon unless you wouldnt mind losing infamy

8. TheAntiSnipe

Some wouldn't. But things like these prevent devs from thinking in that direction imo.

tonberryking98 and Zachiderp like this.
  9. Jammo

Jammo Member

Pirate
    This went way off topic.

TL;DR - RnG loot boxes are a form of gambling aimed at children. Law makers are attempting to intervene. Companies like Rovio and EA should be boycotted for encouraging this type of reward system. Real gamers have seen the light. The general public require Government protection (laws introduced) so they don't fall victim to this manipulation.

10. Zachiderp

And a lot of problems is that Lootboxes and rng based progression is so inflated in mobile games that people think it's right and that there's nothing wrong

11. D3X

D3X Well-Known Member

Biggest common misconception is that paying customers keep the lights on, actually the video ads alone already take care of that. The lootboxes is what brings in the millions. So no, free to play players are not free loading.

Babablacksheep and Crashedup like this.
  12. SCOOTY PUFF Jr

SCOOTY PUFF Jr Active Member

first off I'll admit I've not watched the video yet, just found this on r/android
    *edit - watched it now, this seems to be a step towards something good

Last edited: 22 Dec 2017
  13. Sifa

Sifa Well-Known Member

Very pleased to see that Rovio has recently made some changes to the purchase system with these new special offers. Absolutely loved to see that Torpedo pack offered some days ago where you could finally see exactly what items you were going to get with your money - really hoping these guaranteed offers will continue in the future!

Thank you developers for making this move away from hopeless RNG-lottery :)

14. Zachiderp

But what about free to play players ;-;

Babablacksheep likes this.
  15. Stelmo

Stelmo Well-Known Member

Screwed as usual, what did you expect? With this update ushering in a new age of spending, everybody seems to have maxed epics and evolved legendaries and the game is much worse for it.

Babablacksheep and Zachiderp like this.
  16. xxxBISMARCKxxx

xxxBISMARCKxxx Well-Known Member

Damn that is some amazing news. Time to stop this bullshit already!

What makes the RNG lootboxes more annoying is that it is just a lazy way out of programming a small amount of additional content. When pretty much all players hate the RNG lootbox system. So these companies piss off their customer base simply to avoid programming a small amount of additional content in a more incrementalized, less RNG'd grind. As someone with a business background it really makes me mad to see them screw up basic business approach in that manner.

*JAWS*, Zachiderp, Sifa and 1 other person like this.
  17. Snapshot

Snapshot Well-Known Member

Just hit 21... got my M4 speeder.

I've been wondering this same thing. Up until now, of course, progress has been fairly swift. My biggest complaint has been the match-making system. Just once it'd be nice to be in a match where I was more or less on par with my opponents gear wise. That is NEVER the case unless I drop my infamy down to something like 300-500. if I play to my abilities, I am routinely outgunned by fairly extreme margins. I'm hoping that'll settle down a bit as I raise in level and the difference between the weapons becomes less.

Gear progression worries me though. It's plain to see that I'll manage on rares OK. It's also plain to see that leveling up epics is going to be a life's work and I'll never see a legendary. It very much appears that somewhere well below the top my gear progression will slow to an utter crawl and I'll go find another game.

Insofar as the P2P scheme, I've seen this in a few other games recently... this business of stuff being incredibly expensive. My best guess is that it's the gaming world's response to the current levels of income inequality. Those who have the money have a LOT of money and so dropping a few grand to maybe get an item in a "casual" video game seems sensible. For those who don't have money... well... the kind of prices which seem sensible to the yacht crowd seem insane to us. They're not made for us. So long as the game can draw in enough new players to keep targets for the whales then all is well.

18. Crashedup

Crashedup Well-Known Member

Well this Christmas update was break and make for me.
    Rovio gave us the friendly battles that all of us were eagerly waiting for which was very missed from the game and it is helping me in progressing a lot.
    Thanx rovio now I can get my ass handed to me by whales not only in real infamy matches but also in friendlies:)
    This update was the last straw now all I will do is play 2-4 games just to complete my daily quest because apparently this is a farming game just like coc with a much worse matchmaking.
    Good luck on the game rovio you certainly made a great cash cow for yourself but couldn't get the game even a decent standing in gaming arena.
    @D3X i am close to following your path will walk out of this game soon I think or will just login for dailies that's it.
    Well it was fun while it lasted and now the forums have become boring too all the old members left and new members are all in hoard to become MVP.
    Thanx for the fun I had with you guys.
    @Miathan @kiterini for all the info it was quite helpful
    @The Otherguy for all the fun and likes:) @Wishaal for teaching me how to dodge mortar spamming :)
    And @D3X for all the debates and fighting for f2p.
    Adios forum.
    Game might follow the same suit soon.

D3X, SCOOTY PUFF Jr and The Otherguy like this.
  19. Mr. Chompers

Mr. Chompers Well-Known Member

NO! A million times NO! I HATE games like that!
    They do that, Battle Bay will have 1 less player.

Last edited: 27 Dec 2017
  20. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

Can't agree more! Battle Bay already offers little advantage for grinders vs PTP, why would one put a governor a feature that does little good as it is?

The Otherguy likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.