1. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Matchmaking (or the lack thereof)

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by hypurr, 25 May 2017.

1. hypurr

hypurr New Member

So I've been playing a lot recently and I've gotten to around 800-900 infamy. Constantly, and I mean CONSTANTLY, does my 1180hp mk2 shooter get reemed by full mk3 teams. It's very, very annoying. I've played a match where there were 2 mk4s and 2 mk3s. Our team had two mk3s and the rest 2s.

What is this..? It's totally unfair and it makes playing the game so much less fun.

HighHammer likes this.
  2. monobrow

monobrow Well-Known Member

Wow.
    Its as if...
    When you go higher up a ladder, you face stronger opposition?

My, that is strange.

Miathan, behumble and Pillow of doom like this.
  3. hypurr

hypurr New Member

No, it's as if you get placed with people with items that do 100 damage more with 500 health more (while your team has a bunch of mk2 shooters).

I am an mk2 shooter with 1180 health and a theee rare weapons at tier 2. Most mk3s i face are shooters with 1800 health and 350 dmg blast cannons or defenders with 3,250 health which just rank my hits.

I understand playing better people. That's fine. But the current system is like putting my cat in a chess match against garry kasparov. There's just no contest.

Epekka likes this.
  4. monobrow

monobrow Well-Known Member

Infamy is a ladder, as you go up it, you will face tougher opponents.

Did you see more or less mk3s at 500 infamy rating?
    Do you expect to see more or less mk3s at 1500?
    How many mk3s do you expect to see at nightmare (3500+)?

What you are experiencing is the fact that for your item and captain level, you are higher than the majority of the mk2 pool. Well done. However now you are with the poorer mk3s. So if you want to face mk2s either drop infamy or keep going at this level till your gear and captain level improves so you can compete.

Honestly, just think about it for a second, its not a difficult concept to understand.

Miathan and Pillow of doom like this.
  5. rlxgenerate

rlxgenerate Active Member

Don't fret young padawan...all will be revealed at the proper time...

This is where I'd do a few things...
    1) Change up your ship and try out new strategies. Grab the defender and go be the sea cow you were meant to be. (no insult meant there)
    2) Change up your weapons...you'd be surprised on how effect a torpedo or mortar can be if used properly...
    3) Change up your play style...have you been going in guns blazing? do you like to sit back and hit from afar? do you like to heal? do you like to flank?

There are ways to change up things so that you either climb the ladder or stay stagnant. Try new things out...that's how to you learn and progress.

Hope that helped sir!

6. Miika

Miika Game Lead

The matchmaker is not trying to arrange matches where everybody has the same ship. It is trying to arrange matches where the both teams have the equal change of winning. If you win more than you lose it means you are better than your current infamy, and you'll keep on raising until you reach matches where you don't win more than you lose anymore, and you have found your true infamy level. If on that level you see people with better gear than you, you should give yourself a big tap on the back. It means you are on average a better player than those others are, because they need better gear to be as good as you are. You are not been pitted against Garry Kasparov, but other players who are just as powerful as you are, but who have to compensate in gear what you have in skills. You have to remember that even legendary weapons are completely useless if you don't actually hit the enemy.

7. rlxgenerate

8. HighHammer

HighHammer Member

Hmmm it sounds about right in THEORY but have you seen it in reality I wonder? It just suck and it wont make any sense to what Ive seen on daily bases trying to get into a decent fight. Infact what Ive seen is a Code that has one purpose only, to gather up ANY player to form a fight no matter if you put a mk2 with 800 infamy against an mk 5 with 2300 infamy or what... thats the reality and thats what Ive seen so far ...

Raunak, Bomby McBombface and hypurr like this.
  9. Miika

Miika Game Lead

Clearly that would not be a fair fight as the infamy indicates that the 2300 player is much more powerful than the 800 infamy player.

However, the matchmaker never pits 800 infamy players against 2300 infamy players and expect that to be a fair fight. Instead, the both teams have high infamy players and low infamy players, which makes the fight fair. As I said earlier, "It is trying to arrange matches where the both teams have the equal change of winning.". That is a different thing than making sure every player in the battle has the same infamy. It's team vs team game, not you alone against every other player in the enemy team.

Just like in real life sports not all players are on the same level. All teams have stars and mediocre players. Sometimes you are the super star of your team (highest infamy) and sometimes you are the learning player (lowest infamy) and that creates variation to the game play. Sometimes you get to lead and sometimes you can learn from people higher than you.

If an 800 infamy player rushes alone against the 2300 infamy player in the enemy team, instead of helping the 2300 infamy player in their own team, there might be some other reason to blame for the loss also than just the matchmaking. :)

10. rlxgenerate

If you watch baseball...you'll see players with .300+ averages and players w/ .150 averages...
    In football...you've got 1st, 2nd, and 3rd string players...
    In NASCAR or FORMULA 1...you've got your Mario Andretti's and Jeff Gordon's and you've got your Rookies
    In Golf...not everyone is a Tiger or Jack...

Life is full of opportunities for greatness and learning. This game isn't any different.

Pay attention to the setups. You'll see if there's a fixer, both teams have at least 1. or if 1 team has a fixer, the other team has a tank. or all shooters. or each team has a speeder.

The game does a decent job at matchmaking.

Miathan likes this.
  11. Epekka

Epekka Well-Known Member

Umm....

12. Raissa tito safaraz

Raissa tito safaraz Active Member

Well quite enough information based on the replies. On the another game, the system is like this. You wont be matched with someone just get down from high trophies. You know what i mean? For example on this game, if you have 800 infamy, you wontbe matched with another 800 infamy guy but just get down from 1500 into 800. That is the system of an another game that i play. Idk about this game's system. My explained system would be a good system. Btw can i say a games' name?

13. Miika

Miika Game Lead

Sure!

Raissa tito safaraz likes this.
  14. hypurr

hypurr New Member

I' personally don't think the matchmaking is good.

There is no "equal chance of winning" @Miika honestly. The matches I've played are one-sided, too. I expect to play better people in a better league. That's a given. But I don't expect having one mk3 on my team when the other side has four.

And yes, sometimes they do suck. But that's a rare chance. If you've managed to get an mk3 you've obviously played enough to know what you're doing.

Thanks for the pointers btw @rlxgenerate

Raunak and rlxgenerate like this.
  15. Raissa tito safaraz

Raissa tito safaraz Active Member

Okay

16. HighHammer

HighHammer Member

After this conversation Ive decided to play a random match and take an screen shot so people could understand better.
    So here is a random match ... explain how its even slightly Even according to the system explained above ... ( ohhh unfriends have an mk3 and we had a fixer3 that evens thing up ... general logic on this forum ) Screenshot_20170525-162614.png

17. HighHammer

HighHammer Member

The whole team got smoked and vanished in matter of few seconds ... not that my team was bad but the unfriend team was WAYYYY too strong ...

18. Miika

Miika Game Lead

You left out the screen which shows their infamies so it's impossible to say anything about the battle.

19. rlxgenerate

What @Miika said...gotta show the beginning matchup

20. Anomalix

Anomalix Member

Here's an idea MK1 together for tutorial purposes, MK2-3 together, MK4-5 together, MK6 together, infamy should only be used in rankings, not matchmaking. Level 40 MK6 speeder with maxed slots filled with T5 loadout and 8k HP shouldn't be with level 20 MK4 shooter with 3k hp with T3 weapons.