1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Tell me a good reason to stay in high leagues

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Dvd2812, 17 Dec 2017.

1. Dvd2812

Dvd2812 Member

currently a mk5 speeder using the old torp frost at 3000 infamy. I use all rare tier 4 and only have 2075 HP. Get 2 shotted by any weapon every match. Get matched around tier 4 epic mk5 to nightmare player. Season reward is pure trash (except for making to top 3, which is about 3k8 infamy). Every time I do good damage to the guild quest, I lost that game. Also, higher infamy equals stronger rivalry guilds. Now, tell me a good reason to stay up here:
    1)

Last edited: 17 Dec 2017
    Evilchicken235 likes this.
  2. Ultrah

Ultrah Well-Known Member

I totally understand your frustration. Once you’re up here, there’s no way you can come back down. You just got to slowly and painfully climb your way up with one epic perk and like, what, 30 epic pieces per season end? Oh well.

Captain Gilligan and Tirth2_ like this.
  3. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

Get a big shield, and train ship HP, AND don't play the game veeery competitively so your infamy doesn't rise too much. On topic tho: No good reason for now. It sucks, ik.

4. Rinse & Repeat

Rinse & Repeat Well-Known Member

1) Bragging rights:p
    2) Better rewards- I get more parts from higher leagues... well more useful parts... I have 10,000 uncommon parts I would much rather get rare parts from Master than uncommon parts from warrior...
    3) Better Teammates- you may disagree with me but I think its fair to say the higher you are in infamy the better teammates you have( I said better not "good")
    4) Better Practice- Currently there is no "practice mode" so the only way to improve your skills is to battle stronger opponents...
    that's all I can think of right now... but it all depends on what type of player you are personally, I am very competitive and having high infamy tells me how close I am to reaching nightmare...

Kalbs, FirnenAhead and TheAntiSnipe like this.
  5. FirnenAhead

FirnenAhead Well-Known Member

To challenge your gaming skills every single match you play...

And get better rewards (gold and sugar) :p

Rinse & Repeat likes this.
  6. Crashedup

Crashedup Well-Known Member

1. Bragging rights are only good when you have done something in the match which is rare as nightmare people steal all the glory all we do is just try to stay alive and provide support.
    2.rewards are shit because rewards depend upon the amount of contribution you do which is mostly damage so you lack in that department
    For example even if you pull off 10-15 k dmg ur teammates with legendary or epics will do double that dmg so we get wrecked in rewards too.
    My rewards are 28-30 k from winning the match and they are only 8-10k up from when I was in warrior league.
    So for increasing my infamy by 6 times my rewards shot up just by 50%.
    3. It's cool to play with legends in start but it wears off in two or three days as they will win match whether you contribute to towards match or not in short matches are boring.
    4. Fighting against stronger opponent is good when you have even a slight fighting chance not when they kill you in two shots because of a huge skill and most importantly item difference.

Zachiderp likes this.
  7. Earel

Earel Active Member

Imho - take nightmare and try get legendary piece every season or doesn’t matter in what ur leagues.

8. Crashedup

Crashedup Well-Known Member

He is talking about ace 1 or 2
    If he was in nightmare his setup would already be good and he would be comfortable in playing with whales

9. Evilchicken235

Evilchicken235 Well-Known Member

CSIE Student
    Only a minor increase in regular battle rewards which is truly beneficial only if you play quite a lot . They really should add more incentive to competition. Right now guild quests & season rewards promotes staying in lower infamy.

10. Evilchicken235

Evilchicken235 Well-Known Member

CSIE Student
    You only have 2k hp because you’re not using big shield. Why would you use a one slot blue item when you have two slots. Use big shield and you will easily be over 4k hp. You can reach 4.5k+ with t40 rares as an mk5 if you’re good.

11. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

Precisely my point. There's no "reason" as such to get to the endgame. But you'll love it up there.

Evilchicken235 likes this.
  12. Kalbs

Kalbs Well-Known Member

There is your problem.

Anyway, isn't that the goal? To get up there?

13. Masterlao

Masterlao New Member

You do it cuz it’s fun to beat the whales

14. Dvd2812

Dvd2812 Member

My point is. Rovio needs to keep people from dropping down. In order to do this, they need something worthy for higher league to make people aim for. It just suck that mk 5 people dropped down to 500 and stuck there because of the matchmaking, also the mk 3/4 people has to deal with mk 5 is just unbearable. I don't see why new players coming to this game will enjoy it. I rather get rid of the ship level matchmaking to make mk 5 down there had their way up, but also add something that make them never want to go back down there. This could makes mk3/4 suffer more but com'on, is there a better way?

15. Dvd2812

Dvd2812 Member

Yes, it was my goal, now I regret it :p
    It took me forever to change from my bandage tier 3 to big shield. RNG gave me 3 epic bandage so I think I dont want to waste it.

16. Kalbs

Kalbs Well-Known Member

I was in the same situation as you. I play a patient, opportunistic Speeder. Bandage was the right fit for me. Bandage is just too good to let go but as you go up in the rankings, the damage of your opponents increases too to the point that you could die in 2 shots. You have to move on and let go of your trusty bandage. Bulk up the HP of your boat.

17. Tirth2_

Tirth2_ Well-Known Member

This might not have happened with u but,

The matchmaking now is great!
    Let me explain:
    I am an mk3 at 1100 infamy, I get matched with mk5 players from infamy like 200/300 , so it's good that even after dropping infamy , u get matched with ships of your level(u can find mk4/5 around 1000 infamy) , so the weak players have minimal chance of getting matched with them.

Plus, I've seen a vid on YouTube , a mk6 at 600 infamy getting matched with similar mk6 at nightmare !

So it's fair to get those matches , according to me atleast! :)

18. Zachiderp

Zachiderp Well-Known Member

Tbh the rewards for rising in infamy are so pathetic I quit the game. You gain and lose infamy during the season yet some P2W player is at the top of the ranks. On top of that, the rewards are pathetic pieces you could buy from the shop within about 3 days of grinding. The whole progression system also needs a major rework

19. craz¥burd

craz¥burd Well-Known Member

I wish I hadn’t touched 3k this season....wish I was back in Masters. Not good enough for Ace and now I’m going to be in Ace 1 against all those legendaries with mk6 boats, but I refuse to upgrade my boat. Just not feeling it right now. :(

20. Rinse & Repeat

Rinse & Repeat Well-Known Member

What should be changed?
    Fair point...
    ok but that adds up if you are making 10k more gold(+50%) than:
    30k-60k-90k-120k-150k-180k-210k-240k-270k-300k.....
    20k-40k-60k-80k-100k-120k-140k-160k-180k-200k.....
    idk about you but that sounds like a dream... I'm tired of having to lead my mk5 shooter teammates as a mk4 speeder... why should I have to, because at master league they don't know how to focus fire, stay together, and aim? if I could rely on my team then it would allow me to focus more on my own performance rather than spamming battle chat...
    I'm at 1600k infamy, a mk4 speeder with 1900 hp... I get it, a sniper crit pretty much cripples me and I can't even afford to be splashed by big torps... but I love it... running around the map with nothing but a nitro and t-bolt yellow items... it teaches me how to be evasive... sure I have matches in which I die in the first minute but I look back and see what my mistake was... if someone one shots me with a sniper I say "gg" and move on... tbh I ran into higher leveled items in warrior so it doesn't matter to me, I just try not to get hit and upgrade my bandage for my big boo-boos...

vis1234567899 likes this.