1. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Why are there no measures in place against AFKers?

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Miathan, 22 May 2017.

1. Dodey

Dodey New Member

update from 30 min ago my rank is 313 now from 800+ this is bull$hit

2. Ikethelord3

Ikethelord3 New Member

If you're dropping that many trophies, there's no way you can pin all the blame on AFKs. As the old adage says, "git gud".

SCOOTY PUFF Jr and Mr squiqqle like this.
  3. Totoro

Totoro Active Member

Tree Spirit
    It's always automated, with a threshold in place. Again, this is quite common in games. The users police the activity by repeated posting that triggers the ban (you could even add lack of activity - movement and/or firing). You don't simply ban someone for a couple of complaints.

You then allow for the offender to contact support to protest.

So many "free" to play games do this already. Chat complaints are similar. And that is much harder to police than AFK, and Rovio has chat user-monitoring it in place.

AFK abusers will use it to farm things like pearls. Rovio will have to deal with it, or the abusers will start to farm big time (I'm sure they do it already). I am also fairly sure Rovio is aware of this and have just not been able to deal with it yet as they wait to see if the game is popular enough or not.

Just wait until these people start scripting automated play...then you know Rovio has hit the big time! lol

Miathan likes this.
  4. Never0dd0reveN

Never0dd0reveN Member

There's probably not a game on this planet i couldn't beat you at. But you need to recognize the platform. Like it or not, this is a phone game and life happens. You're no gamer if you can't deal with that (and if a phone game is your hardcore game); you're just another tryhard who forgets games are for fun and the only thing that win and a dollar bill Will get you is a cup of coffee.

5. aaaxxd

aaaxxd Member

If you went from 800 to 430 that quickly, chances are that you are the problem.

Also, if your idea of "business playing games" is a mobile phone, you have some other issues as well. Get a playstation or PC and play a game you can actually be serious with, not a phone game with limited control and five-minute play.

Mr squiqqle likes this.
  6. Mr squiqqle

Mr squiqqle Well-Known Member

Your post tells me that you have left the realms of reality, and take your gaming WAY TOO SERIOUSLY. People can't always control when their WiFi decides to drop out, or you know, important life stuff pops up. You dropping so much infamy sounds to me like you're playing with your nose rather than your hands. It's funny how all you "serious" gamers like to blame everyone else for your losses whilst claiming how good you are... If you were that good, one afk player shouldn't make any difference. So in conclusion, you're shot at the game and should go back to playing Mario Brothers
    As to your demands to "fix this now" because you're a paying customer, what about the paying customers who have no issue with how the game is now? Why do YOU get a say, more than the rest of the community? Elitist much? Nah, just over opinionated

Stelmo likes this.
  7. dikshift

dikshift Active Member

Who has ever been fine with afk players? I've paid a bit, and I'm not fine with afks. My friend is f2p, he's not fine with afks. Paying or not, being able to report afks should be a thing. The only people disputing this are people who constantly go afk themselves. Now, I'm not advocating a "go afk, get banned for life" type of system. But reporting and punishment has to be a thing. I mean for christ sakes, its a 5 minute match at most. Life interrupts from time to time, so does wifi, but not enough to make a report system unwarranted.

Miathan likes this.
  8. Mr squiqqle

I completely agree. But the Devs have stated over and over that they are working on it. These guys just seem to be extremists and serial whiners. Their outrageous demands are amusing, yet pitiful, repetitive and unnecessary.

mammoth1946 likes this.
  9. monobrow

monobrow Well-Known Member

-24 x 10 = -240
    800 - 430 = 370

Its not only your battle bay that sucks it seems.

Mr squiqqle and SCOOTY PUFF Jr like this.
  10. SCOOTY PUFF Jr

SCOOTY PUFF Jr Active Member

I find it difficult to believe your luck was so bad that you had 10+ rounds of floaters

11. Mr squiqqle

Maybe he ran over a leprechaun or broke several mirrors?

SCOOTY PUFF Jr, Stelmo and monobrow like this.
  12. Miika

Miika Game Lead

It could happen but the chances are astronomically small. Luckily, the chances for the unfriendly team to have a floater 10 battles in a row is also equal.

However it is wise to take everything said in the internet with a small grain of salt. I have no knowledge of what happened in this case but I was just investigating a report yesterday about player claiming to lose tens and tens of battles in a row because of a horrible matchmaking. I looked at his battle log and it was slightly amusing to notice that his winratio was actually over 50% during that time period. :)

Why I bring this up? Because I honestly don't know if he was just lying or actually genuinely thought that was happening. It is a very common bias that people only notice the negatives and completely forget the balancing positives. Like with AFKs, I totally agree that matches which have AFK players are worse than those which don't. However, from infamy progression point of view they really don't matter because you have the same chance of getting an AFK in your team than in the enemy team.

13. rlxgenerate

rlxgenerate Active Member

I have to agree with Miika...we do tend to focus on the negative when there is so much positive.
    After most matches, I try to think about what I did or didn't do. I try to see if maybe there's a weapon I can trade out or a ship to change to.
    I try to keep things fresh and interesting. Sometimes I don't stick with the group. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

***Bottom line*** the system isn't perfect but it works.

14. Totoro

Totoro Active Member

Tree Spirit
    I don't even know what this thread is about anymore.

When it becomes you are positive or you are negative....you get out! ;)

Last edited: 25 May 2017