1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Mid-Season Item and Ship Popularity Snapshot [12/12/18]

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Tirth2_, 12 Dec 2017.

1. Tirth2_

Tirth2_ Well-Known Member

Maybe training can help there!
    Manipulating talents might help!
    That's all up to the developers , we are here to just give an idea of what can be done! :p

2. Shadow Moon!

Shadow Moon! Well-Known Member

Before all these tweaks happen Rovio needs to build a solid RNG that gives people options to build another setup or ship in some cases.
    I was lucky that I had another setup ready before frost got nerfed now if sniper is nerfed I don't have anything to play as flare gun will take another month to build.
    Maybe put caps like after 1500 you can only buy star crate for 45 stars which will give you rare dupes.
    After 3500 you can only buy star crate for 75 stars which which give 1 epic random weapon and 1 epic random part.
    After 8 months of playing I got my first epic flare gun, nice. This is the main reason people here hate nerfs because they can't build another gear in time to play again.

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  3. Kitterini

Kitterini Well-Known Member

Nerfed slow resulting in more focus on Flare+Cannon combo. Rare to see a speeder that isnt running that combo now.
    ---
    8% Fixers and 1 in the top 10, I predict a nerf is coming (at least that what happened last time Fixers got around 10% and 1 showing near the top).

I'll bet that there is zero Fixers in the top 10 at the end of the season :)

4. Kitterini

I'm reading this wrong I think, or did you just write that flare gun + cannon requires "a lot of markmanship and skill"?

Aside from Flare Gun equaling a free kill on a Fixer I dont have issues with Burn though - The nerf last patch was a solid change and there isnt much left to nerf before it becomes pointless.

5. Fin-

Fin- Active Member

Sorry but it's meaningless. You know, all of just because guild quest.
    Don't mind top50‘s using ship, weapons.

Help I Cant Swim likes this.
  6. Tirth2_

I'll take that bet! There will be one in top 10!

7. YerJokinArnYer

YerJokinArnYer MVP

Whilst I find this data very useful (so thank you for that), I believe it is important to remember that:
    a) this is data for the top 50 players only
    b) many of the top 50 are whales, and can afford to spend to change weapon load outs quickly in the event of any nerfs or buffs
    The vast majority of the other thousands of players of this game will never be a whale or top 50 (and indeed are f2p or low value p2p). Any buffs or nerfs could set some of these players back months, or even result in some becoming so disillusioned that they leave the game altogether (which is not what we want).
    Therefore, we need to recognise this data for what it is - useful for suggesting any changes at the very top level and perhaps for choosing what you want to develop towards, but should not be relied upon for deciding upon buffs or nerfs at other levels. Devs need to consider the meta info for all levels before considering any buffs or nerfs.

Zachiderp and Shadow Moon! like this.
  8. Tirth2_

Absolutely!
    This is just a snapshot for determining what items are popular among top players!

As I have mention earlier, all users have access to top 50 player's profiles , which restricts my further access to other player's profile or else you would have seen a much larger snapshot!

Yes , Nerfs and buffs can't be determined by just looking at the top players but it generally gives an idea of what's trending and powerful in the meta! :)

craz¥burd likes this.
  9. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

For me, it does. I don't have my tree fully trained, and I don't have the "heal blocking" perk yet. So yes. It does need a lot of marksmanship(flaregun projectile speed is bad mid-game) and skill.
    Since a nerf affects everyone, this will kill flare completely below and around Ace 3

10. Kitterini

Isnt the point rather, that exactly because these players are whales who can swap items and boats in reaction to nerfs/buffs, these stats are much more relevant than looking at players who have to stick to the only items they have? Tracking changes at the lower range is pointless as it takes months for changes to make themselves visible.

Balancing obviously (imo) starts and ends with looking at high end performance -- At all other tiers you will eventually outgrow the imbalance and the infamy system will put you into matches that are based upon your average performance, not how well your ship is balanced against others.

Low level balance changes like the mk1+2 changes are great -- But destroying high level items because they are imbalanced at low level is terrible game design, terrible! Fixer remains the worst high end class because its good at mk4+5, to me that doesnt make any sense. You have 2 good months, now enjoy being worst for eternity.

TheAntiSnipe and Tirth2_ like this.
  11. YerJokinArnYer

YerJokinArnYer MVP

Tracking at lower levels may be may be difficult but should still be considered. This forum is a great way for players of all levels and abilities to make their views known about any OP items at their level. What I think is missing, when people ask for buffs or nerfs, is players to state whether they think something is OP at their level or all levels.
    Agree that the low level balance changes were great.

What would be useful, would be for devs to share what they consider when deciding what to buff, nerf etc.

Last edited: 12 Dec 2017
    Tirth2_ likes this.
  12. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

We should set up a template and have a balance section in the forum. @The Grim Repair , please set it up when you get the time.

13. Tirth2_

or we can setup and use google forms...

14. Help I Cant Swim

Help I Cant Swim MVP

no nerfs. only buffs. buff gear lube and rudder to a ridiculous level.... like 1000% of what they are now.

15. HeroicBubbles

HeroicBubbles Active Member

Someone awhile back has a great point that the Turbo should absolutely be nerfed/changed and I think everyone could agree it would make the game better. Turbo should not be a required/automatic item on EVERY ship. Devs can increase normal ship speeds to compensate so most are approximately going the same speeds as before. This would free up slots to try many different blue items combinations and add much needed diversity to the game. (Possibly buff gear lube and rudder if needed as well). It would likely end up being a game play improvement for nearly every one if the devs handled it right.

YerJokinArnYer, Tirth2_ and Iunch like this.
  16. Weeze

Weeze Well-Known Member

Sup

Tirth2_ likes this.