1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Scrapping Commons: Compiled Results (now up to 1100 items scrapped!)

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Ian, 22 Aug 2017.

1. D3X

D3X Well-Known Member

And those that "exploit" are cheaters and will be "rolled" back. The game wasn't designed to be exploited like this, and that even though it's 100% pure game mechanics, people should know better!

Sound familiar? I'm joking, but joking aside, I'm sure Rovio will look into this.

Babablacksheep likes this.
  2. Kitterini

Kitterini Well-Known Member

I'll bite & respond to the troll :)
    ---
    Scrapping into 3 legendary item pieces in 1100 scraps means that 1 legendary item piece costs around 1.8 million gold. The other benefit is to farm rare items, very gamebreaking!

Compared to the blatant abuse of an unintended mechanic that you refer too (printing absurd amounts of gold, perks & pearls), one of the two seem within reason whilst the other obviously wasnt. Now back to the actual topic?

The Otherguy and Ian like this.
  3. D3X

D3X Well-Known Member

Haha, you're not much of a comedic relief now are you? :p

---

Well we know how Rovio works, they do it in the shadows, who knows what is acceptable or not in terms of abuse or exploit, or am I wrong? When they use this discussion board, they don't discuss but to lay down announcements in changes ie; ultimatums. One might view it as "blatant" may not be "blatant", and maybe it is or isn't to Rovio. It's unsure since they don't communicate in the first place, they are more action based, and do things the way they want. It's "their game" and even our accounts are "theirs", it's up to their peril... no?

---

Anyways, carry on. Scrap like a mad man while you can....

Last edited: 12 Dec 2017
  4. Crashedup

Crashedup Well-Known Member

Really the cost is 1.8 mil just asking because that seems low

5. Kitterini

Well the sample size is far too low to be accurate, but;
    1100 commons scrapped = 3 legendary item pieces. 1 common costs 5000 gold.
    1100*5000/3 = 1833333 gold/legendary item piece.

Ian likes this.
  6. Crashedup

Oh I thought you were talking from personal experience
    This data sample is far too low and moreover it has way too many contributors which makes results much more less accurate

7. Kitterini

Agreed on the first --- The second makes no sense. You dont get less accurate opinion polls by asking more people :) Even if you think some of the contributors are typing in wrongful information, then increasing the amount of contributors would only decrease the inaccuracies.

8. Crashedup

See it like this there a jar full of candies you ask people to guess a no of candies in that jar if first 4 guess the no around the correct no and you take a AVG from that data that doesn't make it accurate because it could very much be other way round for a such a low pool what you say would stand correct if the data was for like 100k commons scrapped
    For such a low amount of data its adds upto much more inaccuracies if taken from n no of players.

9. Rainbow Warrior

Rainbow Warrior Well-Known Member

Can any Dev please clarify if it is considered exploiting or just using stats collected in game? So we can choose if we want to scrap a lot of these items or not
    @Zeus @Miika @The Grim Repair @Bennunator
    LOL just noticed I do not know many developers nicknames

10. Kitterini

I suppose I shouldnt complain to Dtx for derailing the thread, and then start doing it myself 30 minutes after, oh well :)
    ---
    "moreover it has way too many contributors which makes results much more less accurate"
    This is the sentense I disagree with, consider this experiment & tell me if you think there would be a difference between method A & B.

Goal: Track statistics of 1000 coin flips.
    Method A: 1 person flips the coin 1000 times.
    Method B: 1000 people flip the coin 1 time each.

Why you think B would be different from A is what I cant follow :)

Rainbow Warrior likes this.
  11. Kitterini

(going to assume that you are serious?)
    It has been like this for months - Its not gamebreaking, nor does it provide an unrealisticaly high return of ressources. It involves farming alot of gold and turning the gold into rare item pieces rather than buying parts. Feel free to scrap as much as you please.

Rainbow Warrior likes this.
  12. Crashedup

I just explained it you in my above cmnt with examples of candies
    My pt about having too much contributor was specific to this data only I was not talking about in general
    What ur taking is a very large pool of data for only 2 outcomes which will always AVG out to near accurate value but if you decrease that data of 1000 people to just 10 people your findings become inaccurate same is case with this thread data
    For 1100 commons scrapped you have 6 contributors
    That's like 183 commons per one person
    Gety pt yet ? Or do I need to explain more?
    Edit: And here outcomes are much more than simple 2 outcomes in coin case.
    Here the outcomes are 15 ( parts powercell and item pieces of different rarity)
    As no of outcomes will increase you will need bigger pool of data to get near accurate data.
    Consider this 1000 people flip a coin but there are 1000 possible outcomes instead of just 2 will the AVG data be near accurate value

Last edited: 12 Dec 2017
  13. a_creeper_won

a_creeper_won Well-Known Member

Basement dweller
    Guys, Stop using this thread to argue over whether this is going to get removed please.

14. Kitterini

I absolutely provided a very simplified example --- The logic is exactly the same though; amount of participants does not influence outcome. You are right that, for the purpose of accurately estimating legendary pieces, the sample size is too small (as I wrote in the message you quoted; "the sample size is far too low to be accurate"). But whether the 1100 items are scrapped by 1 person or more is irrelevant, candles in a jar or not ;)

15. Crashedup

It will never be removed from the game although the amount of stuff you get from scrapping will be changed ( decreased ) of devs think u r getting too much value out of it

16. Rainbow Warrior

Rainbow Warrior Well-Known Member

Thanks ;):D those legendary pieces odds are really seductive. Actually, the only seductive stat on doing this.

17. Stonebanks

Stonebanks Well-Known Member

Ok. I did it. I buyed every single item from the shop once. This is what i got:

sim.png

A bit disappointed. I was expecting a T5L blast cannon.
    Tomorrow i'll try with uncommons.
    PD: in the making i scrapped an epic sniper cannon.

18. Crashedup

That will be true only if the game doesn't store data on what you have drawn or not aka unbiased
    i.e next scarping is completely unrelated to what you get from previous scarping if that's the case only then it won't matter

19. Evilchicken235

Evilchicken235 Well-Known Member

CSIE Student
    Ideally the amount of contributors wouldn’t impact the outcome but actually it does matter in the realistic world.
    If a person gets a legedary piece from scrapping they are more likely to share their results on this thread, therefore decreasing the average gold per legendary piece by a significant margin.

20. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

The RNG was kind to the OP as I have not received a single legendary piece after scrapping 800 items. Please don't assume this is realistic for anyone, and because of such there is no exploit.