1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

On the Subject of the Sniper Cannon

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by CaffeinatedChris, 30 Nov 2017.

1. American Marauder

American Marauder Well-Known Member

CEO of The Skins Factory
    I am 100% in the "leave my sniper alone" camp.

*JAWS* likes this.
  2. BasedCarpen

BasedCarpen Well-Known Member

Sniper cannon is broken, so beyond OP I've given up even debating it. 70% of the high level players use it, so pointing it out you are already in the minority. What's frustrating is this was a known issue for so long and the devs continue nerfing other things practically useless while leaving sniper alone making the entire game more unbalanced with every update. I wish they would actually look at the data when balancing items instead of ham fisted nerfs based on their emotion.

Last edited: 11 Dec 2017
  3. CaffeinatedChris

CaffeinatedChris MVP

Yes, let's talk about that - in a separate thread, please ;)

Sounds like we need a video of you blowing people out from across the map with 2000+ damage crits. ;)

4. CaffeinatedChris

CaffeinatedChris MVP

Believe me, I'm pushing for more open access to the statistics so that things like the "Meta Snapshot" threads can be made more frequent and more interactive. Crowd-sourcing the analytics will help a lot.

And there's Sniper users in here who are in favor of a nerf - yes, there's some who don't want it touched, but others aren't wholly opposed to a minor adjustment.

5. Ash KOT

Ash KOT MVP

Woah! Delete his post just because a shooter shouldnt survive?
    You may not agree with him but everyone deserves an opinion right?
    Also the speeder should have the upper hand but not to an extent the shooter is completely useless, right?
    As for staying on topic, I am in the leave it or minor adjustment camp, it doesnt need any major changes IMO.

Crashedup likes this.
  6. American Marauder

CEO of The Skins Factory
    Yeah you know, I'll comment anyway i want. Don't let the purple go to your head. You're not a Dev.

7. American Marauder

CEO of The Skins Factory
    Yeah? I have a video showing me wasting YSL and an Enforcer who did nothing but stun and frost me over and over again. I would just like resistance to be buffed more than it is. It's a little ridiculous.

Case and Point:

macintouch_ likes this.
  8. American Marauder

CEO of The Skins Factory
    Uh yeah that's exactly how it works. You don't get tell me i can't type a sentence because it's not exactly on the exact topic. You forum kiddies need to get over yourselves.

Bradley Thorinsson likes this.
  9. Shadow Moon!

Shadow Moon! Well-Known Member

Nerf sniper to ground make it uselss to use like frost then we will think about its rework let shooters suffer the pain of nerfing.

ViscountSniffit and BasedCarpen like this.
  10. Shadow Moon!

Shadow Moon! Well-Known Member

Kid the game is only about Nightmare League didn't you get that untill now? Ridiculous. Do you spend on game? No. You have no right to voice your opinion.

The Otherguy likes this.
  11. American Marauder

CEO of The Skins Factory
    I survived that match purely on skill and Benn's awesome fixer healing. He stuck by me as long as he could. The sign of a quality fixer.

12. American Marauder

CEO of The Skins Factory
    Don't talk s**t. Just like he's allowed to have a voice, so i am. What affects him in Ace 3 is not the same that affects us up in Nightmare. I can only voice my opinion on what is relevant to my experience. Or do I not get a voice?

macintouch_ likes this.
  13. American Marauder

CEO of The Skins Factory
    So don't change it below a certain level. And while we're at it, you guys are certainly talking a lot about a subject that's not "on-topic". Hypocrite much?

Back on topic... leave sniper alone. We just got nerfed 2 or 3 updates ago. If you don't like getting hit by them, then duck.

14. American Marauder

CEO of The Skins Factory
    Knock yourself out. My posts will have to be deleted by a moderator. If a topic goes off just a little, you cry to have comments deleted. Ridiculous. The subject was nerfing a weapon. Conversations are organic. You forum kiddies just don't get that. If i started talking about unicorns and rainbows then I could see why you might whine about it.

Bradley Thorinsson likes this.
  15. American Marauder

CEO of The Skins Factory
    Now it looks like I'm talking to myself LOL ... wonderful.

16. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

Well, I'm gonna go to sleep in a few minutes anyway, so I decided not to start any arguments before sleeping;). AM, good luck with whatever issue you're gonna debate, I'm not gonna be in on it sadly.

17. American Marauder

CEO of The Skins Factory
    I'll probably just argue with myself...

18. Babablacksheep

Babablacksheep Well-Known Member

We need a thread on subject of

1) Guild quest improvents
    2) Fixer mk6 buff (Big shield)
    3) Enfo Buff (Still pissed with flare talent clash since the update has left that class with only usable combo, Flare+Double blast)
    4) Tri torp buff
    5) Std mortar buff
    6) Tesla shield Buff [Rare scaling UP!]
    7) Frost rescaling to a usbale state
    8) Defender mk5-mK4 buff

These things have been discussed in 1000 threads,Atleast a no! (if no improments are to be done)Would be good.But Sniper got instant attention! Why?

Now adding to the topic as a sniper user,Dont to the FROST MISHAP again please!!
    A Weapon can be nerfed Twice If necessary.

P S-- I m not against nerf,But there many things to be improved relative to The one nerf

Last edited: 11 Dec 2017
  19. *JAWS*

*JAWS* Well-Known Member

In regards to sniper. Devs. Take none of the complaints as serious. The majority of oosters complaining about sniper was from users upset about frost nerf. They banded together to pick a random weapon sniper and then complain over and over.
    Does mob rule really have to be the battle bay way?
    If sniper is nerfed it will be completely unusable in 4k matches. It already doesnt break tesla shields. Ie. Useless unless shields are down.

Somethinf else to consider devs. Any nerfing of critical chance must be met with a boost in overall damage.
    U cant affect the possibility of greater damage by limiting it and then leave sniper below 741 damage epic V maxed. The damage woupd have to raise to 1k. If u reduce any critical chance.
    Again sniper is more of an issue for lower levep boats. But realitiy in 4k land. Sniper isnt op. Its just a weapon. So thesr complainers no not what they ask. They are asking to nerf a weapon that isnt op. Its just an annoyance for 2k level players. But u are also talking about a player group that primarily plays mortars and sniper. Where is the mortar nerf thread? Also boats in mk2 thru 4 have lower health. So a sniepr critical seems to hurt more. But reality. Players lack map awarenss. There are spots u can travel any map to avoid mortars. Same with snipers.
    Please dont nerf sniper. Look ay history of thread creators and see they would rather nerf things instead of improve.

Buff sniper damage output if u must change any critical %. Buff.

American Marauder likes this.
  20. *JAWS*

*JAWS* Well-Known Member

Lastly any talk of reducing sniper efficiency or chance rate up close is ridiculous. If u are 10 feet from a real rifle. That rifle aint missing. And u the item. Would be dead. 1 shot. If anything sniper critical rate should be 100 percent if u are closer. 1 shot dead.

American Marauder likes this.