1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Any other mk3's or mk4's frustrated by uneven matchmaking?

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by DirtyRickyGrimes, 10 Dec 2017.

1. DirtyRickyGrimes

DirtyRickyGrimes Member

How hard can it be to match mk4's with mk4's. I am in 1300's as a mk4, mk3 depending on ship type, and I'm constantly bombarded by mk5's, with level 40 weapons. Why can't there be matchmaking by ship type? Does it make it too even? Is it better to lose 5 in a row against players with more health, more weapons and higher level items?? I am still curious as to why this has not been addressed. Anyone else get frustrated by this??

Mr. Chompers likes this.
  2. ViscountSniffit

ViscountSniffit Well-Known Member

Mk4s aren’t very common above 1300. If you’re good enough to make it that high, then you’re probably too good to be matched against most other mk4s.

Matchmaking isn’t going to give you easy matches, and even if it did, you’d just win them all > your infamy would rise > your matches would get harder again > and you’ll be back against mk5s in no time (which is evidently where you’re supposed to be).

FirnenAhead likes this.
  3. -SeeKnDeStRoY-

-SeeKnDeStRoY- Member

Nope I'm good. Got accustomed to facing mk5s on the other side. And burned some of them too.:p

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  4. Ash KOT

Ash KOT MVP

1300 is decent for a MK4.
    As you progress you have to face higher tier ships, or you could go all the way to nightmare league and still face only MK4s, therefore it would be a disadvantage to upgrade your ship.
    The fact you are facing swarms of MK5s is a good thing, shows you have the skills to keep up even with an inferior ship.
    Now you just have to save for your MK5 and even the playing field :)

5. Kalbs

Kalbs Well-Known Member

Just imagine our frustration as an mk5 getting matched up(sometimes teamed up) with global top players.

6. ThatOnion

ThatOnion Well-Known Member

Gamer
    Try playing at 1700 in a mk4

7. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

Heck, try playing in the 1800s. Just goes to say, the game really teaches you a lot if you walk into a fight knowing you probably won't end it.

ThatOnion likes this.
  8. *Rubber Duck*

*Rubber Duck* Well-Known Member

Yea i rrmember when i use to play, idk y the keeped sticking me with these scrub mk3s and 4s that i outplayed...u play good u get put wuth the big dogs!
    Screenshot_20171114-125148.png
    Btw in this pic i just got mk2, was rolling against these guys at mk1, same exact loadout

TheAntiSnipe likes this.