1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Is Swift torpedo pointless?

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by envylife, 10 Dec 2017.

1. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

At one point I was accumulating swift torpedo duplicates to build one up but every time I tried it I was underwhelmed with both the damage and the accuracy, so I just scrapped them all. I have seen some comments about players liking swift torpedo lately, was looking at it in the training tree today, but still note that it is used infrequently in the bay.

There is a good reason to use Big Torpedo (higher damage than most weapons), but Swift Torpedo damage is basically equivalent to a BC or EX canon but with less than half the accuracy because unlike a canon shot, players can still dodge a swift torpedo. Am I mistaken or is it actually as useless as a Standard Mortar for similar reasons (hint: under-powered relative to its deficiencies).

2. Ultrah

Ultrah Well-Known Member

It’s the only Torpedo an Enforcer would use, and it’s a great weapon! I use it the most as a Fixer, but I suppose it comes down to what you like.
    I find it really easy to use since it’s fast and it’s got the splash of a Torpedo.
    So basically, no. I don’t think the Swift Torp is useless because I use it all the time and I love it.

3. Kalbs

Kalbs Well-Known Member

I created a mini just to use Swift torpedo. There's something fun and satisfactory in using it.

Now comparing it to BC and EC, it has advantages mainly it can go through waves and cannot be blocked by Tesla shield. Not to mention you can damage players hiding behind a thin wall with torp. You can use the surroundings too to hit the enemy with the splash damage.

Since I'm a newbie with Swift torpedoes, I was wondering what is the best perk to use?

Disguised likes this.
  4. Disguised

Disguised Well-Known Member

I've got
    The best perks is torpedo speed perk for sure.

5. FirnenAhead

FirnenAhead Well-Known Member

Swift Torpedos are the perfect weapon to counter Tesla Shield Enforcers ;):mad:

6. Stelmo

Stelmo Well-Known Member

Swift torp, like many other weapons, is underwhelming in the early game.
    Once you get up that crew tree though, it's amazing.

Babablacksheep likes this.
  7. noelips

noelips Member

The swiftvtorp is my favorite. It's not the strongest torpedo but it is the fastest and that's whole point to it. I don't have to lead it as much as the others.

8. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

It's massively annoying to enemies. Distraction and support ships should ideally use them.

xxxBISMARCKxxx likes this.
  9. SlAyEr

SlAyEr Active Member

Swift torpedo is fun to use.
    Reload time similar to sniper
    Long range, Help to break clusters..
    Faster speed with perks impossible to dodge at close range
    Damage can be boosted from training
    Best for speeder, shooter, enforcer even fixer too
    If used correctly, u can not only kill nd deal damage also with that u can help ur team nd disturb the opposition's cluster :p:p
    So I won't call it useless!

10. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

Some good reasons posted: Blast radius, counteracting Tesla Shield are good benefits, and it's a 1 slot weapon. Distraction is reasonable as well, but it's far less a distraction than Napalm.

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  11. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

Lol tru. When I played it, it felt like a rain of damage that never stopped.

12. Gnu

Gnu Well-Known Member

Games
    went 3 uncommon swift torps on mk1 shooter

made it to 1k

ok

13. Kalbs

Kalbs Well-Known Member

So speed perk or damage perk for Swift?

14. Babablacksheep

Babablacksheep Well-Known Member

It is undodgeable at 9+ speed,comes like a bullet

@Kalbs 3 speed perks in begning

Then as you get the speed from crew training replace with damage perk,Thats what i m doing

15. ViscountSniffit

ViscountSniffit Well-Known Member

The advantage over BC and ExC is that it has infinite range, and cools down faster. It’s also pretty neat on maps like Sub Zero, where you can loose it from behind a wave.

The only thing I really I don’t like about it is that +speed, clashes with a 3% Speeder health boost on Sinklair’s tree (which is ~100 hp on my mk5).

16. Babablacksheep

Babablacksheep Well-Known Member

More than that,That 3% also affects your HP perks and big shield(Or did you calculate all of it)

ViscountSniffit likes this.
  17. ViscountSniffit

ViscountSniffit Well-Known Member

Haha, actually I didn’t calculate anything! I just picked up the 3% boost on Swift’s tree yesterday, and observed that it gave me 106 hp (which was certainly more than I was expecting). I figured it must be multiplying more than just the base hp.

18. Disguised

Disguised Well-Known Member

The devs may have buffed mk1s a bit tooooo much.
    I've seen a few at 1.6k infamy.

Anyways, swift torpedo feels like a Tesla bolt once you get it enough speed.