1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Tesla Bolt so OP

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by jeongmin seo, 23 May 2017.

1. jeongmin seo

jeongmin seo Member

Anyone thinks that Tesla Bolt is just way too powerful for it's cheap 1 slot point?

It has ridiculous projectile speed, unlimited range and no close range blind spot like torps, which makes it nearly impossible to dodge from close range, specially when it is shot over couple waves.

Usually in my infamy zone, I get minimum 7 sec stun and it completely shut me down during that time.

2. Excism

Excism Well-Known Member

Ooo that sounds pretty good. Might change nitro for it :p

3. lolawola

lolawola Active Member

its useful, but certainly not op. if you get hit, it resets. in the meantime, try to reposition yourself, take cover or retarget to closest enemy.
    i use tesla bolt all the time and thinking of switching it for tesla shield, as it has more applications in battle.

4. Memorize

Memorize Member

In my infamy zone Tesla Bolt starting with 10-13 second. Pro players always stun someone from shooting or healing without breaking them and its very effective even on 2-1 situations. Some players have their CD shorten than stun durations which is kinda op.

Last edited: 23 May 2017
    TheRedSpeeder likes this.
  5. jeongmin seo

jeongmin seo Member

so in 1v1 situation if i get stunned by that 13 sec tesla shot, there is pretty much nothing i can do right?

6. Excism

Excism Well-Known Member

You can cry :(:(:(o_O

Dopey94 and Epekka like this.
  7. Anomalix

Anomalix Member

yeah double bolt and double shield are an insult to PVP, and some peeps say its even...how you defend vs being stun all the time 1vs1? another double fail this-one-deserves-a-double-facepalm-photo-u2.jpg

8. Captain_Perry

Captain_Perry Active Member

How to defend... Not sure! I have a few tactics I use for yellow ships. (Well... Not sure about the slower ones. Sorry)

Tesla bolt:
    Look at the direction of the turret of enemy, and make your move. Predict what he predicts and dodge the bolt.
    I.E. Your enemy locked on to you, and they are aiming forward (more forward than your ship). Suddenly break and move backward to avoid the prediction stun
    I.E. Your enemy is chasing you and you predict he is going to use Tesla bolt (or you could just turn camera to look). Turn your ship left and right to travel in an "S" shape so he would most likely miss. If you can, make a sharp turn to a corner so their bolt would miss and hit something else.
    I.E. Your enemy is aiming at you and you're alone. Drive quickly behind a teammate so they take the stun (this method is really "jerk-y", but it's useful when your teammate is high on health and you're about to die)

Tesla shield:
    Use frost with torpedoes or mines (all of them goes through shield)
    Use carronade to break the shield.
    Rush into the shield and shoot or stun him back (take that dude!)(don't get hit by him instead!)
    Run until his shield breaks

That's about all you can do. Hope that helps.

jeongmin seo likes this.
  9. dikshift

dikshift Active Member

Not easy to reverse your movement when every ship in the game has a period of pause when switching directions. Also, the hitbox of the bolt is big enough to hit you even if the center of the bolt doesn't connect. The S movement technique does work, but I find it's only useful when you're in the waves. On flat water, the bolt's gonna connect unless you have a nitro.

Anomalix likes this.
  10. Excism

Excism Well-Known Member

The one with the teammate one is a bad idea. Period. If your in high level play, you have low health, and your team mate has high health...use your last dying breath to save your team mate. Getting your team mate hit with it will cause him to be killed which hurts your team even more. Just die and let your team win for u lol

11. Razerx100

Razerx100 Member

I think, after you are stunned if an enemy hits you will be normal again without staying stunned for full time.

Anomalix likes this.
  12. Anomalix

Anomalix Member

Oooh I like that a lot, stun should be removed on hit, you are brilliant sir.

jeongmin seo likes this.
  13. Razerx100

Razerx100 Member

Either it's a bug. Or most of the time it actually gets removed on hit on my game. Since I use stun on Speeder.
    That's why, now I stun someone like Fixer and take out the guy he was fixing

14. Winkleberry5

Winkleberry5 Active Member

The stun only last until the time is up on the stun or if you get hit it goes away. I use shield/over boost on my Speeder at the moment but once I get 3rd slot I will have stun. The top players I play with seem to use the bolt for disabling a target that's hitting/plans on hitting them while attacking another target, also is very good for disabling a Telsa shield.

15. Memorize

Memorize Member

Yeah exactly that's explain why a lot of yellow boats are highest ranks also while using Tesla shield and bandage you can easily retreat to regenerate Hp.

jeongmin seo likes this.
  16. Anomalix

Anomalix Member

oh there he his, I accidentally replied to Jammo in the useless shop thread, thinking it was you lol, go check it out, learn something lol

17. Miika

Miika Game Lead

That is exactly how it is at the moment. :)

jeongmin seo likes this.
  18. jeongmin seo

jeongmin seo Member

If i have a tesla bolt with longer duration time than it's cooldown, can i stun one guy infinitely if i don't attack him with weapon between my tesla shots?

19. Stelmo

Stelmo Well-Known Member

20. rlxgenerate

rlxgenerate Active Member

Technically, yes. Then you're team can gang up and take him down...That's why this is a team game...but a one man show!